• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBish

Ouch.

Horses for courses my good man. I can't lift what you can, you can't ride like I can.

I was just kidding of course. But yes, totally different goals. I wish i cared about cardio, i would attempt to beat you, but really, i cannot stand cardio at all. Makes me ill just thinking about it. Props to you for doing what you do.

Best thing about dropping weight? Pull ups!

Back close to normal for weighted pull ups.

30x10
40x10
50x8
75x6
95x5

Christ, I'm up to 55lb weighted dips and chinups, and I already feel like I'm getting squeezed to death by the dipping belt. I can't imagine what two 45lb plates would be like.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Nice OHP numbers cooter. Shit.

I'm about to head out to train shoulder right now.

Fuck OHP...fuck deadlifts...and fuck bench...!

:'(

Did 365 4x8 for hypertrophy and I don't know why but it destroyed me, was really bloated and gassy too so that didn't help.

I've been doing strict shrugs, focusing on my tarps, these last two weeks but they barely do anything even after DB rows. DBs only go to 125s so I'm doing 4-5 sets of 20-30...No to barbell shrugs; almost de-nutted myself a few times and will not risk it again. My monstrous ass also gets in the way for behind the back.

Having french toast again, a little over 2000cals but who's counting?

w6X3UVA.jpg

Szu

Did 365 4x8 for hypertrophy and I don't know why but it destroyed me, was really bloated and gassy too so that didn't help.

I've been doing strict shrugs, focusing on my tarps, these last two weeks but they barely do anything even after DB rows. DBs only go to 125s so I'm doing 4-5 sets of 20-30...No to barbell shrugs; almost de-nutted myself a few times and will not risk it again. My monstrous ass also gets in the way for behind the back.

w6X3UVA.jpg

Needs more maple syrup!!!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
How do I learn to stop being angry and depressed when I get sick?

Fighting a cold right now that I started seeing symptoms for last Tuesday. Honestly, it hasn't been really bad apart from a couple nights of nonstop dry coughing, but it always sucks the life out of my gym momentum. Ten fucking days out of the gym now. Well, one, because I thought I was getting better a few days, went to the gym, did what I had to do, but immediately developed a low-grade fever when I returned home.

All I've been doing in the meantime (and this is only a couple days now) are pull-ups and push-ups.

This happens every time when I'm sick. It's very unhealthy and makes me a very bad person to be around, and I end up stressing so much over getting better quicker so I could get back to the gym quicker that I probably make myself sicker.

Help!

andycapps

w6X3UVA.jpg

Those 8 pieces of french toast are all for you? Impressive.

w6X3UVA.jpg

looks good bro

but I be looking good too, physically I mean.

CAN'T CONTAIN THESE SEMI CUTS

ILoveBish

How do I learn to stop being angry and depressed when I get sick?

Fighting a cold right now that I started seeing symptoms for last Tuesday. Honestly, it hasn't been really bad apart from a couple nights of nonstop dry coughing, but it always sucks the life out of my gym momentum. Ten fucking days out of the gym now. Well, one, because I thought I was getting better a few days, went to the gym, did what I had to do, but immediately developed a low-grade fever when I returned home.

All I've been doing in the meantime (and this is only a couple days now) are pull-ups and push-ups.

This happens every time when I'm sick. It's very unhealthy and makes me a very bad person to be around, and I end up stressing so much over getting better quicker so I could get back to the gym quicker that I probably make myself sicker.

Help!

What helped me deal with this was not getting mad at myself for missing the gym. When you do that, you create unneeded stress and that makes things worse. My plan is to hit the gym consistently. Sometimes things don't go 100%. I'm fine with that. I'll just keep pushing and be back to normal as soon as possible. Don't let missing the gym affect you outside the gym.

GrapeApes

What program are you guys running? I've been using Candito's for like 5 cycles. It's been going pretty well except I've stalled on bench. Probably more to do with cutting than the program itself but trying to get ideas in case I want to try something else. Spreadsheets greatly appreciated.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I tried some dips yesterday.

Wow. They're super fun.

Nice stretch as well. Too bad my gym doesn't have belts for adding weights :/
Dips are great. I've soured on them due to the shoulder strain. I'm a big wimp now when it comes to injuries. Of course the strain might have something to do with the 4 plates I used to do them with...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What helped me deal with this was not getting mad at myself for missing the gym. When you do that, you create unneeded stress and that makes things worse. My plan is to hit the gym consistently. Sometimes things don't go 100%. I'm fine with that. I'll just keep pushing and be back to normal as soon as possible. Don't let missing the gym affect you outside the gym.

That's a great mindset to have, thanks.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I've been going to the gym every other day, coming off a programming that had me going two days on, one day off. Feel SO much more energetic now. This is the way to go, especially on a cut. Well, for me that is.

ILoveBish

TFW you only lose a pound overnight and not happy with the results. Down 9 of the 13lbs gained, 241.5 now. Getting there. I think I'm going to need 207-210lbs for 15%.

That's a great mindset to have, thanks.

Its a mental and physical test to get the results you want. Took a while to understand that. Now I'm much more OK with missing the gym or having bad days at the gym, because I know I'm going go be back in there and improving myself all the time. No worries.

I've been going to the gym every other day, coming off a programming that had me going two days on, one day off. Feel SO much more energetic now. This is the way to go, especially on a cut. Well, for me that is.

After a while, you just need to find out what works for you. I had to switch from 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, to 4 days in a row and even tho its rougher on me, I like how I'm actually capable of back to back heavy lifting. It encourages me even more, so my 3 days off after are even sweeter and I really get excited to get back to it.

entremet

Dips are great. I've soured on them due to the shoulder strain. I'm a big wimp now when it comes to injuries. Of course the strain might have something to do with the 4 plates I used to do them with...

Damn!

Yeah. I heard you don't want to go too heavy with dips for shoulder health. I'll probably max out at 2 plates.

They're accessories for me anyway. I'll hit the bench and OHP hard for upper body hypertrophy and strength. They're a bit more sustainable in the long run for shoulder health at heavy poundages with good form.

I do, I don't care it's just protein. I eat 2 lbs a day of it. It's not going to taste good at that point no matter what.

I have just shy of that much, and it tastes plenty good. Spices and sauces for the win.

In a minute I'm going to have 60g of protein worth in a Phaal style curry sauce. Delicious.

Cooter

Damn!

Yeah. I heard you don't want to go too heavy with dips for shoulder health. I'll probably max out at 2 plates.

They're accessories for me anyway. I'll hit the bench and OHP hard for upper body hypertrophy and strength. They're a bit more sustainable in the long run for shoulder health at heavy poundages with good form.
Yeah, I never got that memo. I just kept adding weight because I could get 8 or more. I might start adding them back with less weight and higher reps.

J. Bravo

Had a good ass chest workout last night. So good that when I woke up today i wasn't looking super deflated. quite the opposite actually. my upper body is really coming along. Squats/legs and shoulders tonight.

Szu

Are bench dips as good as regular dips? My gym doesn't have a dip bar.

If you're refering to this, then it's better for burning your triceps but it won't hit your chest. I think most of us here use dips to as a chest accessory.
344_2.jpg

bchamba

Going on vacation the 28th through the 2nd so I decided to rest up this weekend and set new training maxes during next week before I deload while on vacation. I'm doing squat on monday, bench on wendesday, and deadlift on friday. I think I'll get a 400 squat, 310 bench, and 485 dead.

sphinx

the piano man
I am at my parents in Mexico and the gym I used to go to as a guest has a new policy:

as a guest with no contract, I can't pay a complete month like last time, I have to pay per session.

last time, I paid the equivalent of $110 dls to have 1 month full access to the gym, yesterday I went there and they said "it's $10 dls per session, you can buy as many asyou want"

I made some rough math, 30 days at my parents, around 20 sessions

200 dls....... just as a reference, my gym in Germany costs $21.66 dls per month

and that's the kind of thing that you have to pay and will pay: I can't stay a month without equipment and there's no other gym around, I don't have a car here so I don't have a choice, it's either pay or pay.I feel I am being robbed. very bad feeling.

will try to cram as much as possible every sessions. It's too much.

J. Bravo

I am at my parents in Mexico and the gym I used to go to as a guest has a new policy:

as a guest with no contract, I can't pay a complete month like last time, I have to pay per session.

last time, I paid the equivalent of $110 dls to have 1 month full access to the gym, yesterday I went there and they said "it's $10 dls per session, you can buy as many asyou want"

200 dls....... just as a reference, my gym in Germany costs $21.66 dls per month

and that's the kind of thing that you have to pay and will pay: I can't stay a month without equipment and there's no other gym around, I don't have a car here so I don't have a choice, it's either pay or pay.I feel I am being robbed. very bad feeling.

Maybe cut it down to 10 sessions and do bodyweight the other 10-20. If you spread the sessions out and lift smartly I'm sure youc ould maintain your strenght and use this month to work on other things such as mobility and joint strength. BW exercises aregreat for that.

bchamba

Maybe cut it down to 10 sessions and do bodyweight the other 10-20. If you spread the sessions out and lift smartly I'm sure youc ould maintain your strenght and use this month to work on other things such as mobility and joint strength. BW exercises aregreat for that.

Yea cut it down to 10-12 sessions, maybe even just 9. Go 3 days a week doing some 5x5 where you're hitting 3 compound movements each day and then as many accessory exercises as you want. You could even use the last week you'll be at your parents as a deload and then hit your regular gym fresh when you're back.

Bodyweight for a month might actually be pretty interesting. You could learn tons.

ILoveBish

220x3 on bench today. 2nd rep was tough, went for the third rep and had the confidence that I had it in me, and got it up easy. Feel really good. Done with gym for this week. Next week is 1s week. Looking very forward to it.

Cooter

220x3 on bench today. 2nd rep was tough, went for the third rep and had the confidence that I had it in me, and got it up easy. Feel really good. Done with gym for this week. Next week is 1s week. Looking very forward to it.
The mental aspect of lifting is severely underestimated. You struggling with 2 but getting 3 easily illustrates how powerful the mind is. Nice work Bish!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about this heated exchange yesterday with a buddy of mine. He's there twice as long as me usually. Does a ton of limited range motion stuff. He came out and said I don't work hard and I look better than him purely because I'm blessed with great...wait for it... genetics. Needless to say I was a bit annoyed. This guy is 40 and should know better.

andycapps

The mental aspect of lifting is severely underestimated. You struggling with 2 but getting 3 easily illustrates how powerful the mind is. Nice work Bish!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about this heated exchange yesterday with a buddy of mine. He's there twice as long as me usually. Does a ton of limited range motion stuff. He came out and said I don't work hard and I look better than him purely because I'm blessed with great...wait for it... genetics. Needless to say I was a bit annoyed. This guy is 40 and should know better.
Link him to one of Martin Berkhan's blog posts about fuckarounditis because it sounds like he has a severe case of it.

iddqd

I totally overlooked that you train in germany,
did you find any good site that collects "lifter friendly" gyms. Meaning gyms more catering to powerlifting/not 24h fitness types?

I'm moving soon and I'm already worried that I wont find anything good there.

(sorry for the mexico troubles, hope you make the best off it)

J. Bravo

knocked out 3 sets of 8, 8, 6 @ 275 on squat at the very end of my workout. this was after doing an intense shoulder workout where I was just in the zone and killin it (even tho I had an incredible chest sesh [chesht?] last night). my traps are growing like crazy too.

anyways, after that last set of squats, I felt like the world was caving in on me and I pretty much faded in and out of consciousness for a second, just hanging on the bar.

I ate like shit today too, probably <1000 calories while working 8 hours on my feet. just lifted on coffee, vyvanse, and weed.

time to pass the FUCK out.

MrMuscle

I have this Tanita BC-545 scale which has the ability to measure all kinds of stuff. So I'm going to see how accurate this thing is. Every Saturday I'll step on it and we can see what it tells me. Now a disclaimer, I do NOT believe these scales to be accurate and I won't be changing my food or workout according to what this tells me. It's basically just for fun.

Weight: 90.9kg
Metabolic age: 21
Body fat: 14,3%
Bone mass: 3,8kg
Body water: 62,3%
Visceral fat: 5
Muscle mass: 74kg
BMR: 2270kcal

Oh and also, PIZZABURGER!

Sadetar

Daaaamn got an invite from Steve, Iron Sport is having a fun mock meet night + burgers. Gotta check my schedule to make sure nothing's going on
You just casually got invited to have burgers with Steve. No biggie. :p

But we already know that best way to build your calves is to become obese for a few years. That will get you huge calves for sho.
Been there, done that.

Best thing ever!

No, just no.

Well, for the past three weeks, I've gone into PT mode for my wife. She been out of the gym for over a year, but for a really good reason. That reason currently being our 10-month son.---
From my experience in training my wife the past couple months, the mental aspect is the toughest initial obstacle to climb over.
---
I am slowly starting to realize why ridiculously hot men generally have extremely good looking wifes/girlfriends.

Also totally golden discussion about lifting your family members. :D I can squat only my niece (and not even that at the moment since I don't have permission to do them, sob).

Pretty amazing stuff the body can do. Less than 4 weeks into this cut with a few refeed days and my top abs are visible again. I have no idea what I weigh but my guess is the high 190s.

I've outlined some numbers I'd like to maintain as I drop into the low 180s. If I can hit these I would be stoked!

Squat: 405x3x3
Deadlift: 475x3x3
Bench: 315x4
OHP: 195x3x3
You always impress me. Beasty.

Speaking of spices, the jerk chicken marinade results...

Laaaaaawwwwd
That looks soooo tasty.

So you look extremely hot, lift and cook. I think we should get married.

Im pretty sure this damn near killed me. I felt my upper back pull and fatigue in a way I've never felt before.

Rack pulls below knee 585x5.

http://youtu.be/8DexRMHq4Hg
That does look damn brutal. I have no idea how you do it.

I have this Tanita BC-545 scale which has the ability to measure all kinds of stuff. So I'm going to see how accurate this thing is. Every Saturday I'll step on it and we can see what it tells me. Now a disclaimer, I do NOT believe these scales to be accurate and I won't be changing my food or workout according to what this tells me. It's basically just for fun.

Weight: 90.9kg
Metabolic age: 21
Body fat: 14,3%
Bone mass: 3,8kg
Body water: 62,3%
Visceral fat: 5
Muscle mass: 74kg
BMR: 2270kcal

Oh and also, PIZZABURGER!
Looking as glorious as always.

As a sidenote I think I have managed to form a love-hate relationship with your freezer and the food that goes into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom