• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're feeling really bad hangover symptoms (like lightheadedness and nausea/vomiting) i would say skip the gym but if its only mild then suck it up take some advil and go

I'm feeling fine now (except for my singing, which is shit) but I only slept three hours, so I probably have a lot of alcohol left in me. We'll see how I feel in a few hours when my rehearsal is over.

MrMuscle

Aren´t you fucking ripped? That should be a tell on the accuracy of those type of scales. If you look like that and have 14% bf I must be at 30%, lol.

Yeah you never wanna rely on scales to tell you anything other than how much you weigh at a given time. Measured with calipers im below 10% now, not super ripped but lean. The only reason i wanted to try this scale thing out is to see how the numbers change as im getting leaner.

This picture was taken a couple of hours after stepping on the scale today. Doesnt look like 14% to me, but who knows :p

11055616_1598314950403766_520724420_n.jpg

Looking as glorious as always.

As a sidenote I think I have managed to form a love-hate relationship with your freezer and the food that goes into it.

Thank you. Its saturday today and you know what that means! Refeed!

On the bright side, I've found that I look ripped after a particularly heavy night of alcohol.

Hehe, yeah dehydration will do that to you.

ILoveBish

Out of boredom, i actually ended up eating more today, hit about 2200 calories. Weekends are rough on me, hard to keep on schedule. Luckily i have a new toy to play with (surface pro 2) and am keeping occupied with that.

Imm0rt4l

Impressive! I'm still slowly working towards 315 lol. How do you keep your wrists so straight? The closer I get to 300 the more trouble I have keeping my wrists locked in.
Honestly, that's never been an issue for me. Maybe invest in some wrist wraps? I'm thinking of buying some Mark Bell gangsta wraps myself because they have a lot of utility. You can try incorporating wrist rollers into your rodutine. Other than that I'd say just keep at it.

Honestly, that's never been an issue for me. Maybe invest in some wrist wraps? I'm thinking of buying some Mark Bell gangsta wraps myself because they have a lot of utility. You can try incorporating wrist rollers into your rodutine. Other than that I'd say just keep at it.
I finally did buy some wraps. They are on their way. I was just trying to force my wrists straight while doing lighter sets and it just feels weird. Hard to hold them for larger sets. Ya I'll try the wrist rollers, thank you.

sphinx

the piano man
Maybe cut it down to 10 sessions and do bodyweight the other 10-20. If you spread the sessions out and lift smartly I'm sure youc ould maintain your strenght and use this month to work on other things such as mobility and joint strength. BW exercises aregreat for that.

Yea cut it down to 10-12 sessions, maybe even just 9. Go 3 days a week doing some 5x5 where you're hitting 3 compound movements each day and then as many accessory exercises as you want. You could even use the last week you'll be at your parents as a deload and then hit your regular gym fresh when you're back.

my dad managed to get some guest coupon at his gym so I got some sessions covered there. it's just frustrating how expensive it is to get to work out in Mexico.

they charge "membership" (aka, pay to have the right to pay ?!?! how that works I'll never understand) and then monthly fee and parking. insane.

I totally overlooked that you train in germany,
did you find any good site that collects "lifter friendly" gyms. Meaning gyms more catering to powerlifting/not 24h fitness types?

I'm moving soon and I'm already worried that I wont find anything good there.

(sorry for the mexico troubles, hope you make the best off it)

Gyms in Germany are cheap and most are rather in the middle regarding training philosophy (power/strength lifters vs. casuals) everyone is minding their own business. The problem is that a power rack is a rather exotic equipment in a non-powerlifting gym, is easily the msot useful machine in my whole gym, yet it's only "hardcore" that use it and thank god for that, it's busy as it is. Everyone else curls or does machines.

so you have to check the equipment inside the gym before signing a contract. If all there is a squat rack... hold on till you find a proper multipurpose power rack. It's much safer and it's way too important to settle for less.

Oh and also, PIZZABURGER!

man... you like that? I tried it once and it was 90% bread and some awful tasteless ham and a couple tiny string of cheese.

tried it once and never again.

my dad managed to get some guest coupon at his gym so I got some sessions covered there. it's just frustrating how expensive it is to get to work out in Mexico.

they charge "membership" (aka, pay to have the right to pay ?!?! how that works I'll never understand) and then monthly fee and parking. insane.

That's what happens when you to the posh gyms like Sport City. Should find one where the cholos train

sphinx

the piano man
That's what happens when you to the posh gyms like Sport City. Should find one where the cholos train

I'd love to go to a gym with cholos and many power racks lol but I need something near where I am staying, anything else is not realistic and a chore.

sport city sucks ass by the way, full of stupid "señoras fresas" and annoying shitheads

If you do go remember to drink plenty of fluids (I usually do Gatorade if I had many alcoholic beverages the night before)

So, I went in the end and everything went really well.

I didn't want to push myself too hard, but even so I managed to increase the weight on many of the lifts compared to last time, or do more reps when I didn't increase the weight. Probably a good thing I did upper body today, because that doesn't get me as exhausted as my full-body and lower body workouts

The funny thing is, I usually get pretty bad hangovers quite easily, but today I pretty much felt nothing, except for slight pain in my knees after dancing all the knight. But I really deserved a hangover, I had about 75 cl of wine (mostly red) a vodka shot and four shots of tequila. That's a lot if you're only a scrawny 65 kg. I really shouldn't be feeling this good. Maybe it was all the shit I ate throughout the night. Aside from lunch, I had a pizza before starting drinking, a large hot dog half-way through the night, a double whopper bacon afterwards and then I munched on a couple of pastries while waiting for my bus. Combined with all the alcohol, that's probably enough calories to last me a week.

Anyway, for some fucking reason my gym closes at 4 pm on Saturdays (wtf why would they do that) so I didn't have time for the last exercise on my routine, which is pallof press. Anyway, now I'm gonna play some fucking video games.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This picture was taken a couple of hours after stepping on the scale today. Doesnt look like 14% to me, but who knows :p

Well-defined abs and veins popping... yeah, 14% is rather unlikely.

iddqd

Thanks, not much going on in Germany it seems but anything helps!

Gyms in Germany are cheap and most are rather in the middle regarding training philosophy (power/strength lifters vs. casuals) everyone is minding their own business. The problem is that a power rack is a rather exotic equipment in a non-powerlifting gym, is easily the msot useful machine in my whole gym, yet it's only "hardcore" that use it and thank god for that, it's busy as it is. Everyone else curls or does machines.

so you have to check the equipment inside the gym before signing a contract. If all there is a squat rack... hold on till you find a proper multipurpose power rack. It's much safer and it's way too important to settle for less.

Thanks to you as well, excited for the move. There must be a good gym SOMEWHERE!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Run away success on my first day doing OHP in 10 months

95x10
135x8
155x5
175x3
185x2x3
195x3

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Impressive as hell. Rack pulls are my new favorite thing to do. Too bad I can only do 405, anything more and I burst like a ripe tomato.

Thanks. Working up to a 700lb rackpull Max in hopes I'll be around 650 deadlift max for the push pull comp in May. I'm noticing my lockout getting faster in this video too.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Seems to me like you weren't missing much not doing them at all.
To be fair I've been substituting them with seated DB presses. I still expected to be down from my previous numbers though.

___

Great stuff Brolic. I keep threatening to add rack pulls.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
To be fair I've been substituting them with seated DB presses. I still expected to be down from my previous numbers though.

___

Great stuff Brolic. I keep threatening to add rack pulls.

Thanks man. The only reason I added them is because my lockout sucked. Plus I'm hitting another "pain wall" at the weights I'm messing around with where everything is telling me to stop. So I'm trying to desensitize myself to it.

Seems to me like you weren't missing much not doing them at all.

Don't have to do a main movement to improve it, that's the entire concept around conjugate method. Cooter clearly knows what he's doing.

Have been trying to work out some sort of progression strategy for my accessory lifts. Turns out that one particular lift I thought I was stuck on, I just can't do the last couple of reps on period at any meaningful weight. I've increased the weight each time in my last two sessions, and I still do all but the last two reps. Very, very odd.

J. Bravo

won a bet with my friend so bought a 2lb salmon fillet with the winnings haha. cut it into 8 4oz portions and threw them in the freezer for next week. mmm mmm good.

andycapps

Yeah you never wanna rely on scales to tell you anything other than how much you weigh at a given time. Measured with calipers im below 10% now, not super ripped but lean. The only reason i wanted to try this scale thing out is to see how the numbers change as im getting leaner.

Also, pizzaburger? That sounds really bad.

Hehe, yeah dehydration will do that to you.
Looks like around 10-12% to me. Looking good, man!

Sadetar

Well, with your looks your body can totally afford your Saturday snacks. :p

I am going to open up a little bit. First of all thank you for your comment about scales! I have been somewhat disappointed with myself lately, maybe for a reason. I have worked out regularly a year and lost about 50 pounds. I know I am still overweight but I was still shocked when I got a free scaling and it said my bf % is 45,5. It might be correct, but it honestly feels a bit high. I have no idea how inaccurate they possibly can be. Perhaps I am just fatter than I thought. :p

The same "personal trainer" who offered that did me a free diet obviously wanting me to hire him. I asked him what he counted to be my maintaining calories, how much is the calorie intake on his suggested diet and how much protein there would be in a day. His answer was just that "I haven't never counted the calories in any diet I have done". Right... counting calories is soooo last season. Not.

https://instagram.com/p/0fkeJnnTdD/

385 bench

May have over extended myself leading up to this. 315x1x5 365x1x2 prior
That was absolutely brilliant! Super impressive. Hahah, also your spotter seemed to be on the same page with you which is nice. I am always annoyed if the spotter is just in case helping with the bar.

Lost weight again. Can't work it out.

Went up 200kcal a day last week to try and get back on the gain train, but all it did was reduce my loss. Time for 250kcal more. Soon I'll be a normal boy and have a relatively standard daily intake.

The feels you get when you hit that right spot under those gym lights. :) Leaning out feels good.

Down to 204 this week. I'm enjoying being back on keto, it's been fun. I've had so much steak. Started doing weighted pullups/dips as well, hopefully they'll improve even on this cut. *shrugs* Just happy to be in the groove again.

Ran the dawg trot 5k in athens yesterday. Disappointed in my time. I knew the course would be hilly, but underestimated how much it'd affect my pace.

22:47.1

My last 10k, I hit 23 at the turn, so this is a pretty rough time for me for a 5k.

Grokbu

Hey all!

Among the exercises I do in my workouts, I do dumbbell lunges and dumbbell bent-over rows. Would these two exercises be good for my back in general? Is there something I might miss to work out from these two?

The exercises I'm thinking of going with are these, and plan on doing them twice a week:

Dumbbell curls
Dumbbell bent-over rows
Dumbbell kickbacks
Dumbbell lunges
Dumbbell standing calf raises
Bodyweight curls (for now. Will probably do weighted later on)
Bodyweight push-ups (I might switch to dumbbell bench presses soon though)

And for my deltoids, I'm thinking of a combination of these, but I'm not quite sure which combination of them I should go with, perhaps all of them?:
Dumbbell rear delt rows
Dumbbell raises
Dumbbell upright rows
Dumbbell front raises

Which combination of these deltoid exercises do you think would be good, or should I perhaps do some other exercises (I work out at home, and currently plan on doing my exercises mainly with dumbbells)?

Do you think that there's something I might be missing with the above exercises (in general, not just speaking of deltoid exercises) in a program, or would it end up as a good general program?

theytookourjobz

Seminar with Dimitry Klokov at my gym today.l I'll post pics and stories later. This is fucking awesome and he is massive. Hit a 512# jerk with a long pause in the dip this morning. He's a monster.

sphinx

the piano man
Seminar with Dimitry Klokov at my gym today.l I'll post pics and stories later. This is fucking awesome and he is massive. Hit a 512# jerk with a long pause in the dip this morning. He's a monster.

damn, Isn't he like a superstar?

Is he the guy that appears in Russian TV and has won several lifting titles?

wow man, I am happy for you.

that guy is the epitome of manly beauty: big, aesthetic, strong,

BumRush

Sandbag progress. 200lbs over 62 inch bar (damn near over my head). And 54 inches for 3.

http://youtu.be/vKumEb-fc6M

The one to the left resembles a body so much. Awesome lift dude, really impressive.

The feels you get when you hit that right spot under those gym lights. :) Leaning out feels good.

Down to 204 this week. I'm enjoying being back on keto, it's been fun. I've had so much steak. Started doing weighted pullups/dips as well, hopefully they'll improve even on this cut. *shrugs* Just happy to be in the groove again.

Looking awesome reaver.

Chocobro

;__; Still no WLing seminars near me. I only have his "Klokov: Training Methods Of The Russian Champion" videos on how to do the lifts. I really don't know when I'll start self-teaching O.lifts..

Is he speaking in English during the seminar? I noticed his English has improved after watching his recovery video on YT and a few of the videos I mentioned above.

J. Bravo

I am going to open up a little bit. First of all thank you for your comment about scales! I have been somewhat disappointed with myself lately, maybe for a reason. I have worked out regularly a year and lost about 50 pounds. I know I am still overweight but I was still shocked when I got a free scaling and it said my bf % is 45,5. It might be correct, but it honestly feels a bit high. I have no idea how inaccurate they possibly can be. Perhaps I am just fatter than I thought. :p

The same "personal trainer" who offered that did me a free diet obviously wanting me to hire him. I asked him what he counted to be my maintaining calories, how much is the calorie intake on his suggested diet and how much protein there would be in a day. His answer was just that "I haven't never counted the calories in any diet I have done". Right... counting calories is soooo last season. Not.

That was absolutely brilliant! Super impressive. Hahah, also your spotter seemed to be on the same page with you which is nice. I am always annoyed if the spotter is just in case helping with the bar.
Regarding your bf%, you're a girl, thick (good thick), and have big boobs. I feel like your bf% is going to be naturally high. Also, the scales are inaccurate.

Your gym doesn't allow regular chalk?

I usually go to the ASU extended campus gym which has chalk readily available but my friends want me to hit up the main campus gym with them on saturdays and they didn't seem to have any chalk anywhere there. Figured I'd look into liquid chalk for convienence sake

Great Physique dude! Congratulations!

If you go up in weight and can do the form fine but not with explosion, should you still stay in that weight or deload? I went up in OHP and can do it but with no explosion and slowly. Should i deload or still stay there?

If you go up in weight and can do the form fine but not with explosion, should you still stay in that weight or deload? I went up in OHP and can do it but with no explosion and slowly. Should i deload or still stay there?

If I get it up, and don't waver (good form), it's up. I can't say I've ever really cared about being explosive. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

theytookourjobz

damn, Isn't he like a superstar?

Is he the guy that appears in Russian TV and has won several lifting titles?

wow man, I am happy for you.

that guy is the epitome of manly beauty: big, aesthetic, strong,

Yeah he's ridiculously jacked. And he went into a full front split out of the blue too. He's got multiple world championships and a silver medal in the Olympics too.

;__; Still no WLing seminars near me. I only have his "Klokov: Training Methods Of The Russian Champion" videos on how to do the lifts. I really don't know when I'll start self-teaching O.lifts..

Is he speaking in English during the seminar? I noticed his English has improved after watching his recovery video on YT and a few of the videos I mentioned above.

Yeah he's here speaking English pretty well with no translator.

MrMuscle

Looks like around 10-12% to me. Looking good, man!

Thanks man.

50 pounds in a year is awesome! You should really be proud. Dont let a number dictate how you feel. Just keep doing what you are doing, it obviously works!

Some people can get the results they want without counting calories, but personally i feel its a great tool to get the best results possible.

RoeBear

Yeah counting calories just doesn't work... I feel like the last 5 days I've wasted away to nothing while counting calories. If that was his answer I'd be like "why would anyone want to hire you then"?

So I guess I lose my fat first from my stomach region faster than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom