• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

despire

Tried some front squats today for a first time. Well not exactly first time, I've tried them once before maybe 2 years ago but anyway.. Felt like a first time.

Anyway my problem with back squats has always been tight hamstrings/calves which cause me to end up with a slight butwink. No such problem with front squats though! I can get pretty deep without any rounding of back. Only problem with these is the awkward bar placement, even while using straps. Currently my limiting factor is my ability to keep the bar on my delts, not the strength in my legs.

Anyway I think I'll keep on doing these for the forseeable future.

RoeBear

What is you protein at now? Im asking because ive seen alot of people overdo it and take away precious calories that can be put into glorious carbs og magnificent fats instead.
Carbs 273, protein 234, fats 63. I was able to have 6 full meals today. Just sucks that I chose ground beef over almond butter for my fats.

alternade

So whenever i'm supposed to be working my chest and back, it feels like my shoulders, biceps and triceps are getting and doing most of the work. When I leave the gym my chest doesn't feel "pumped" at all. Am I just hella weak and other muscle are compensating or am I doing something wrong?

cncbar.jpg

Oreo flavour? Advocated as bad?? I'm calling a bluff.

Just a second opinion: tried it recently. It was good. Also had chocolate chip which was disappointing.

Eager to try cinnamon flavour some time soon after reading how FitGAF is infatuated it. ;-P

Bowser

Oreo flavour? Advocated as bad?? I'm calling a bluff.

Just a second opinion: tried it recently. It was good. Also had chocolate chip which was disappointing.

Eager to try cinnamon flavour some time soon after reading how FitGAF is infatuated it. ;-P

Hm? I was recommending the Cookies and Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough as examples of bars that DON'T taste like crap. I love those two flavors.

entremet

So what are your favorite accessories?

I'm trying to mix it up and getting bored with my normal movements.

Bis-Preacher Curls
Tris-Rope Pulldowns
Chest-Cable Crossovers
Legs-Leg Curls
Shoulders-Shoulder Raises

Szu

Bis-Preacher Curls
Tris-Rope Pulldowns
Chest-Cable Crossovers
Legs-Leg Curls

Bis-Hammer Curls
Tris-Dual Kickbacks
Chest-Dips
Legs-Calves Raises
Shoulders-Rear barbell shrugs

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I did this many times, when I was a little less dexterous around the kitchen.

I still do this with vegetables sometimes, which I find more tolerable and tasty than chicken.

With vegetables I just use the stovetop steamer tray they sell at supermarkets. Steam my vegetables in 10 minutes, no seasoning. Particularly like broccoli and asparagus.

Szu

Fun story and topic time.

It was leg day for me last night, I had a decent session. I was only slightly sore.

I took my time walking down some stairs. My cousin, who is living with us, inquires about my careful hesitation. I told her that I worked out my legs. I told her that I did some squats at about 125 kilos (275 lbs) for 3x5. I did the kilo conversion for her cause she's from China.

Then, she said I was crazy and something in the regard of your bones will break.

Then, she pointed out that I could put her on my back and do squats without any issue. Then, I thought about it. Technically, I can put her, my wife, and my baby son on my back and knock of a few reps.

Then, I remembered this gif.
ebVQ4.gif

I think I'm pretty sure I can put off this move on my cousin. She only weighs about 110 lbs. I can definitely throw in a overhead squat into the motion too.

So, if you guys and gals could use your family members. What kind of routines can you do with them?

I can overhead press my wife.

I know I can still use my son for single arm curls and front shoulder raises, but that's probably going to change in about a month. Technically, I will also be able to use him as a cardio machine since I'll be the one chasing after him once he learns how to walk/run/fall.

andycapps

World record power lifter who loves super high volume style training.
Yeah I see that. Saw a lot about being a power builder and making fun of most power lifters for just looking overweight.

Bis-Preacher Curls
Tris-Rope Pulldowns
Chest-Cable Crossovers
Legs-Leg Curls

Probably Good Mornings and incline bench. I consider the latter accessory since Flat Bench is my main on that day.

Szu

Szu, do this with them:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=656256397745145&id=650400808330704&_rdr
That's assuming you have a barbell lying around at home lol. Maybe even squat with both of them on. Dangerous part: your son can compensate for the uneven side.

I can try to get my wife to lose some weight or fatten up my cousin. At this point, I could put my son into his baby harness and have my cousin wear it. Then, buy about three 16 piece Popeye's family pack and have her hold it. That should even out the bar.

Matugi

Learned the hard way that if I want to both cut and workout in the morning, I need to get a significant portion of my calories at breakfast. Nearly failed halfway through my third rep of a measly 275 on squats due to mere exhaustion today.

Edit: and on bench. Man, this workout was a shit show. Guess I'm not working out in the morning anymore lol

Learned the hard way that if I want to both cut and workout in the morning, I need to get a significant portion of my calories at breakfast. Nearly failed halfway through my third rep of a measly 275 on squats due to mere exhaustion today.

Edit: and on bench. Man, this workout was a shit show. Guess I'm not working out in the morning anymore lol

It's funny, I used to feel exactly the same way. Massively reliant on getting my calorie timing right before a workout... yet, now I'm doing intermittent fasting I've not felt like it was a problem outside of the first couple of weeks.

That said, fuck working out in the morning generally. Food or not, I hate it, so goddamn much.

ILoveBish

Monday morning, I was 250.5 (13lb gain in 10 days, for sure got knocked out of keto, likely all the quest bars). Thursday morning (today), 242.5lbs. Getting there. I really want to take this cut the whole way, but I think I'll have a few days where I'll eat more in the next few months.

I'll likely get a lot more motivated once I get the dexa scan done.

Matugi

It's funny, I used to feel exactly the same way. Massively reliant on getting my calorie timing right before a workout... yet, now I'm doing intermittent fasting I've not felt like it was a problem outside of the first couple of weeks.

That said, fuck working out in the morning generally. Food or not, I hate it, so goddamn much.

I think it's because IF functions like having a refeed every day. Plus, depending on when you workout, you are eating not terribly long before your workout, so you've got plenty of calories to work with. On a normal diet you're only getting a fraction of your daily calories (which aren't very many on a cut) at every meal, so unless your body functions more efficiently somehow, those meals are incredibly necessary to have a decent workout, otherwise you're going to become exhausted very easily.

I think it's because IF functions like having a refeed every day. Plus, depending on when you workout, you are eating not terribly long before your workout, so you've got plenty of calories to work with.

With my IF I don't eat within 18 hours of my workout. Working out is literally the last thing I do before eating.

Matugi

With my IF I don't eat within 18 hours of my workout. Working out is literally the last thing I do before eating.

That's interesting. If I did IF I'd probably work out in the morning. I don't have the resources to feed in a six hour window I so I think I'm gonna just stick to feeding throughout the day then working out at peak calories at night

J. Bravo

I also hate morning lifts. I don't work until 2pm but even then I find it hard to have a good lift in the 6 hours that I'm awake before my shift. I always lift afterwards, no matter how tired I am. And always have good lifts.

despire

I did IF for a long time. Nowadays I lift before work early in the morning so I eat pretty much normally. 20g of whey before workout and afterwards more whey + a banana. Then a normal meal a couple of hours after that and for the rest of the day.

I know that there's a way to IF/LG while working out in the mornings but I don't have any EAA/BCAA on me at the moment to try it out.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I think it's because IF functions like having a refeed every day. Plus, depending on when you workout, you are eating not terribly long before your workout, so you've got plenty of calories to work with. On a normal diet you're only getting a fraction of your daily calories (which aren't very many on a cut) at every meal, so unless your body functions more efficiently somehow, those meals are incredibly necessary to have a decent workout, otherwise you're going to become exhausted very easily.
I eat at 10pm and don't eat again until after I lift at 4:30pm. Your body adapts. I've hit many PRs on a 18 hour fast.

leakey

Recently added dips to my workout routine. DOMS is hitting the arms hard. Also started squatting and deadlifting sans shoes. Feels good man.

The Chef

First time in months taking a high calorie protein shake.
Had it at 10:30.
Did legs at noon and I seriously was feeling sick to my stomach like I was gonna puke it up. Ugh. I hope this is just some weird thing I get over and not my inability to process this stuff or something.

bchamba

I don't do IF but I workout saturday mornings fasted around 830 am. This is always a leg day where I'm squatting 75-85% of my max for 6-10 sets of 2. I've never felt tired during this workout or haven't been able to finish.

Cooter

Pretty amazing stuff the body can do. Less than 4 weeks into this cut with a few refeed days and my top abs are visible again. I have no idea what I weigh but my guess is the high 190s.

I've outlined some numbers I'd like to maintain as I drop into the low 180s. If I can hit these I would be stoked!

Squat: 405x3x3
Deadlift: 475x3x3
Bench: 315x4
OHP: 195x3x3

andycapps

Pretty amazing stuff the body can do. Less than 4 weeks into this cut with a few refeed days and my top abs are visible again. I have no idea what I weigh but my guess is the high 190s.

I've outlined some numbers I'd like to maintain as I drop into the low 180s. If I can hit these I would be stoked!

I'm so jelly of your OHP numbers.

SeanR1221

Down a notch on my belt. Something I haven't been since around September.

And I PRd squats on Tuesday (365)

I think I'll eat French toast crunch cereal after the gym today.

Good shit man. You got this.

Szu

With the OHP, you and Brolic can press most of FitGaf.
o1HKt.gif

Cooter

Thanks guys. I still have to do it at that weight though. Everything is easier when you carry a few extra pounds of fat. Especially OHP.

ILoveBish

325x3 on squats today, easy. Whenever things feel tough, I just dig deep and there is always plenty of energy there. Really hyped to be this strong and still kicking with 1400 calories.

Bleh, threw up at end of my workout today. Pushing yourself hard and being ill really don't make a good combination. =/

Sounds like you need a break.

Probably. Just really hard to as I'm trying to work around the various injuries I have without losing all my strength. Really didn't need to be under the weather on top of it. :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Woo! Great news! FINALLY made it into the 200 lb. club for my dead lift! (205 lbs. to be exact)

As I said before, when I first attempted it, I literally couldn't move it off the floor. Today, I was able to not only do all my required reps, but I still had energy and strength to spare. I had a feeling that this time was gonna go better because when I was still warming up with 165 lbs., it felt like a fairly easy lift too (usually by this point, I already start to feel pretty spent).

Also, just to be sure, I am supposed to feeling sore in my lower back, right?

Cooter

I was proud of myself when I crossed 100. I think I'm at about 125 now for 3 reps.
You should be. We all try to be the best version of ourselves. I'm also willing to bet you haven't been lifting weights for 22 years either.

Cooter

Best thing about dropping weight? Pull ups!

Back close to normal for weighted pull ups.

30x10
40x10
50x8
75x6
95x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom