• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Thanks for the kind words. I suppose switching shoes every set would be a nuisance.

If anything, if you don't want to buy dedicated lifting shoes, you may want to consider squatting/deadlifting barefoot. I DL barefoot anyway. For squats, I walk to the gym in my regular cross trainers, do my warm up sets barefoot, then switch into my adipowers for my working sets.

Nelo Ice

Banned
No. Do what you can or use what you can to make it work. Torn callus is no reason to skip.

Alright knew I could make it work for the rest of my lifts but it was disheartening when I couldn't get a full workout in last night. Probably just over reacting since it mainly affects my deadlift.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Gentlemen, what's your opinion on behind the head/neck shoulder press?

Keep in mind, I'm aware of maintaining correct posture and form, but am interested in hearing if it's worthwhile in terms of hitting all 3 deltoid heads.

BumRush

Keep in mind, I'm aware of maintaining correct posture and form, but am interested in hearing if it's worthwhile in terms of hitting all 3 deltoid heads.

Fuck the deltoid heads, it's a good way to hurt yourself in my eyes. There are plenty of safer ways to grow your delts.

I like em. As long as I don't go too heavy and focus on stretching and feeling it in my muscles, I'm all for them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Keep it light if you do. Also look up Bradford press. If you really wanna hit all 3 heads do high rep 3 way raises.

BumRush

Brolic, I saw you were moving back towards 5/3/1 to finish getting ready for the competition. What are you doing for accessory lifts? Have you decided yet?

ILoveBish

Hit the gym today, walking downstairs, praying cage is open. See a dude inside, ask him if he has much left, says he just started. Disappointed, I hit up the pull up area, stretched and was able to do 3 sets of 4 pull ups really cleanly. Followed by 3 sets of 5 dips. Felt terrific but kinda beat up since I haven't done those lifts in a while.

Walking past the cage to leave, dude signals me from the cage that he's done and I can have it. Eureka!

Even tho I'm kinda beat already, get in there and finish every single rep, hit 330x3 on squats with the very last rep not difficult, but slow going up. Got it no problem tho. Was a clean set and very happy. I split up my 3s week into 2 weeks for this session only and now that it's all done, back to 4 days strait next week for 1s week. Super excited and hyped.

Things are going so well, loving it.

BumRush

Hit the gym today, walking downstairs, praying cage is open. See a dude inside, ask him if he has much left, says he just started. Disappointed, I hit up the pull up area, stretched and was able to do 3 sets of 4 pull ups really cleanly. Followed by 3 sets of 5 dips. Felt terrific but kinda beat up since I haven't done those lifts in a while.

Walking past the cage to leave, dude signals me from the cage that he's done and I can have it. Eureka!

Even tho I'm kinda beat already, get in there and finish every single rep, hit 330x3 on squats with the very last rep not difficult, but slow going up. Got it no problem tho. Was a clean set and very happy. I split up my 3s week into 2 weeks for this session only and now that it's all done, back to 4 days strait next week for 1s week. Super excited and hyped.

Things are going so well, loving it.

Such a good feeling man! And your confidence is probably through the roof.

BumRush

Yeah, it's been great lately. Every morning I wake up and I see new loose skin and stretch marks. Also got my first visable vein on my thigh. Itshappening.gif.

RvdbHvX.gif

Dammit, i'm seeing more and more inbalances in my right and left side(mostly in the chest area). I am trying to work on it, to keep perfect form during my training but it's so easy to slip back into the most confertable position, especially when te weights get heavier.

And now that I've got my eye on them, there getting worse and worse in my opinion.

I do snatch push press for overhead stability in the snatch.

Since I'm primarily a runner, I'm pretty accustomed to the insane colors. I actually like the Volt Green :p

I'll have to go try a pair on, as Nikes almost always destroy my feet due to width issues.
HA! I hear ya, I have all kinds of colors on my different running shoes as well. I wanted the volts myself but settled on 'Iron Man' since Eastbay didn't have my size at the time (other places had my size but you can usually get them discounted at Eastbay with coupon).

Also, I went true-to-size (TTS) on my pair and they work on my wide-ass hobbit feet, lol =)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, tired of seeing all the abs in here. So here is some fatboy lighting abuse from training today (pull-ups and DB presses). I'm definitely getting leaner, but I can obviously lose a lot more. I also noticed stability in my shoulder is shit. Need more standing DB presses. Here is the full log.

Weighed in at 233lbs today. Down 10lbs, 2 to go. Log press: 97x10, 147x5, 187x5, 197x5,5,7.
Pull ups: 5,5,8,5,8,5,5,5.
DB overhead press 35x18, 45x10,10.

Also decided to see how I'm progressing with fat loss, so lighting abuse pull-ups and DB press.

Tricep extensions, curls, and 3 way raises tonight.

http://youtu.be/i57YEt5rnds

Brolic, I saw you were moving back towards 5/3/1 to finish getting ready for the competition. What are you doing for accessory lifts? Have you decided yet?

Moving back after the competition. Not gonna change anything this close. And my accessories will be built around my supplemental and main lifts. So it's gonna be structured

Main, accessory, supplemental,accessory 2.

Supplemental will be a movement I know improves the main lift accessory will be a movement that either improves the movement it's attached to, or balances it.

Literally only just occurred to me that my gopro would probably work great for recording lifts. Far less hassle trying to fit myself in the shot properly thanks to the fisheye.

Dammit, i'm seeing more and more inbalances in my right and left side(mostly in the chest area). I am trying to work on it, to keep perfect form during my training but it's so easy to slip back into the most confertable position, especially when te weights get heavier.

And now that I've got my eye on them, there getting worse and worse in my opinion.

Make sure you're matching sets/weight to the weak side of your body and be patient. Don't be stupid and overcompensate with the right side even if you feel like you can push more. If the left side starts wobbling but the right stays strong it's time to stop.

Learn from somebody who made that mistake and is just now finishing paying for it 4 or so months later.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fairlife milk (the coca-cola milk) is here in OK and I'm happy, look at this fuckin' nutritional profile!

omShWvs.jpg

I'm thrilled this is here. It tastes like REAL WHOLE MILK. I'm thrilled. FUCK.

Bowser

Negative, this is indeed real milk. I detect no difference from normal whole milk. Just a huge sugar cut.

It ain't that many! I can take one giant swig of milk in a day and be happy and stay under my 20g. That's a hell of a lot more than I used to be able to have in one swig.

Seems like it's been getting good reviews too. Shelf life of 90 days as well. My local grocery store in NYC has it, bout to give it a go this weekend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like it's been getting good reviews too. Shelf life of 90 days as well. My local grocery store in NYC has it, bout to give it a go this weekend.

Yeah, my expiration date is July 1st. Couldn't believe that, pretty nuts.

It's great. $4.50ish for a half gallon but with how little I can drink, it's not a big deal. Fucking fabulous. And the protein is good too!

Kevyt

Fairlife milk (the coca-cola milk) is here in OK and I'm happy, look at this fuckin' nutritional profile!

omShWvs.jpg

I'm thrilled this is here. It tastes like REAL WHOLE MILK. I'm thrilled. FUCK.

This is amazing. I love whole milk but I can't stand the amount of sugar each cup has. This is perfect.

This is also the first time I'm hearing of this type of milk. Thanks for sharing!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is amazing. I love whole milk but I can't stand the amount of sugar each cup has. This is perfect.

This is also the first time I'm hearing of this type of milk. Thanks for sharing!

I think it's hit the mainstream since I'm in OK and it was a normal-ass grocery chain. So I expect it's penetrated everywhere else. Fairlife. Crazy shit.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It ain't that many! I can take one giant swig of milk in a day and be happy and stay under my 20g. That's a hell of a lot more than I used to be able to have in one swig.
A single grain of rice is bound to send Bish into a psychotic rage! You know this.

I used to love them but ironically this latest injury of mine is likely a result of them and I am really careful when doing any press behind my neck.

upon a recommendation from a lifting buddy, I put some butter on a poptart and slightly toasted it

fucking amazing, I cannot eat poptarts any other way

Well, tired of seeing all the abs in here. So here is some fatboy lighting abuse from training today (pull-ups and DB presses). I'm definitely getting leaner, but I can obviously lose a lot more. I also noticed stability in my shoulder is shit. Need more standing DB presses. Here is the full log.

Weighed in at 233lbs today. Down 10lbs, 2 to go. Log press: 97x10, 147x5, 187x5, 197x5,5,7.

Also decided to see how I'm progressing with fat loss, so lighting abuse pull-ups and DB press.

Moving back after the competition. Not gonna change anything this close. And my accessories will be built around my supplemental and main lifts. So it's gonna be structured

Supplemental will be a movement I know improves the main lift accessory will be a movement that either improves the movement it's attached to, or balances it.

bad ass, you lifting with your shirt off just looks beastly

like something straight out of prison

Amazing stuff Shog as always

i was looking at miami dolphins offseason workout pics. there are so many players doing single leg deadlifts. pretty cool seeing what these players do to train.

Hey guys, sorry for the cross post I made a thread but was told to check in here for a diagnosis. I'm looking for the most effective way to eliminate my stomach fat, I don't mind putting in the work but I am tight on money so I can't afford a gym membership or anything. I do enjoy running and am pretty active in the summers so I don't think it will be too hard with some more effort and diet changes.

Anyways, basically, I'm actually a pretty thin build on my upper and lower body, but I've got a small little donut that's formed around my waist. I'm 5'8 and 165 right now and thinking if I get to 150 I'll be in much better shape.

I'm pretty sure this is generally due to diet, so I know to cut out sweet drinks like pop and I'm gonna also cut back on beer, but when it comes to food I'm kind of lost. What I gather is that eating more is actually better, ie frequent snacks during the day, but I have no idea what I should be eating for my main meals. I rarely cook but am willing to try and learn, should I cut out carbs first?

The other thing I'm worried about is sleep though I don't know if I'll fix that - I get about 5-6 hours a night and don't see that changing, I understand that's linked to weight gain somehow as well though I don't know why

I'm looking mostly for long term solutions as I don't want to lose it only to stop whatever I'm doing and gain it back. Anyways, I'm open to any and all tips you may have. Cheers

Gradivus

Hi all,
I've been going to the gym regularly since late Dec and lost about 10 lbs since the end of March. However since the starting of April, I can't seem to make any progress on losing those last 5 pounds. My 4-6 pack is starting to show up, but there's still a tiny bit of fat there. Any suggestions what to do with that last bit of stubborn fat? Cheers!

BumRush

Bananafactory, my first advice would be to check the caloric website in the OP. It will help you determine what foods you should and shouldn't be eating, and how much. Secondly, if you cannot get a gym membership, what do you have access to (free weights, resistance bands, a local park with monkey bars and shit, etc.)? Steady state jogging isn't going to go to far in eliminating your gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom