• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
That feel when you spot a reflection of some fine glutes in the mirror...then realize you're the only one in the gym...

Think my legs are 28" again :D

8jjfJ79.jpg

Looking to get a lumbar belt as I think I'm reaching the limit at what I can squat at (I'm doing reps at 110kg/242lb) without getting worried about my back.

Looking at something simple, like the Gold's Gym one on Amazon. Anyone got this or have any advice on what to get?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Out of curiosity I just checked my BMI. Currently 57 kg, 5' 6". According to the website, my ideal weight is between 51,7 kg and 69,7. Man, I already have a serious beer gut at 65. And allthough I could still lose some fat, I don't know if +/- 52 kg would be healthy. Weird system.

ILoveBish

Don't eat garbage. But then bulking gets harder. It's way easier to fill up on crap then good food.

Slept really good. I can just hope the cage is open at the gym today. All I have left is squats for this 3s session and need dat cage. It's been taken every time I've gone last 3 times. Feel really strong ATM.

Been hitting the gym pretty much everyday for About 2months now, was getting frustrated as my weight would still go up and down even though I was eating less as well. Then in the shower today I looked down and instead of the usual site of my flabby belly, I could see my cock and balls without having to suck in my stomach... It was a teary eyed reunion.

Been hitting the gym pretty much everyday for About 2months now, was getting frustrated as my weight would still go up and down even though I was eating less as well. Then in the shower today I looked down and instead of the usual site of my flabby belly, I could see my cock and balls without having to suck in my stomach... It was a teary eyed reunion.

That's beautiful man :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, ILoveBish, I really want to buy a lot of your stuff in the BST thread but I already own most of them. Great stuff.

ILoveBish

Man, ILoveBish, I really want to buy a lot of your stuff in the BST thread but I already own most of them. Great stuff.

haha, thanks man, i feel guilty when i play video games now. Its a mental block sadly. My old DQ8 and KH1 150+ hour save files would not be proud. So just selling off all my video game stuff.

mdsfx

Started a new routine today. Instead of resting between sets, I ran 1-minute intervals at 7.5mph+ and went immediately back to the next lifting set. Did two 30-minute circuits of this with only a 5-minute break in between.

On top of that it was leg day, so: squat, run, deadlift, run... It hurt but holy shit did i sweat like a pig. Ended up running a total of 4 miles in that hour.

PBY

Banned
Started a new routine today. Instead of resting between sets, I ran 1-minute intervals at 7.5mph+ and went immediately back to the next lifting set. Did two 30-minute circuits of this with only a 5-minute break in between.

On top of that it was leg day, so: squat, run, deadlift, run... It hurt but holy shit did i sweat like a pig. Ended up running a total of 4 miles in that hour.

sooo how were the numbers?

J. Bravo

Someone at our gym gave their own round 45s to the gym. just 2 but it helps a lot on deadlifts.

I'm spoiled coming from lifetime fitness with their bumper plates and floor mats.

I've done something similar before for cutting purposes. Instead of running at a constant rate you will really see some crazy benefits if you see how long you can sprint at full speed. So lets say you Bench. After you rack the bar go to the treadmill crank it to 11 or 12 and see how long you can maintain that sprint. Keep doing it with the goal of your full minute being at top speed.

manfestival

I feel like I am the only person that wears regular sneakers to my gym. I feel like there is this imaginary peer pressure that is forcing me to get cross trainers/running shoes. Please help convince me that I do not need more shoes GAF.

mdsfx

Not loaded at all- genuinely curious, how was your strength/numbers as opposed to days when you haven't done this.
Oh, I apologize.

On average about 20-30lbs lower all around. I started off strong, but it gets tough quickly. It was a new experience to get under the squat bar semi exhausted and out of breath. I had to be careful.

I should note that I'm trying to cut right now and train for some upcoming races. I know I won't gain an ounce doing this, especially at a calorie deficit.

mdsfx

I've done something similar before for cutting purposes. Instead of running at a constant rate you will really see some crazy benefits if you see how long you can sprint at full speed. So lets say you Bench. After you rack the bar go to the treadmill crank it to 11 or 12 and see how long you can maintain that sprint. Keep doing it with the goal of your full minute being at top speed.
Wow that's serious. So instead of maintaining the minute to start and gradually increasing speed, stay with speed and increase time. I will give that a shot

mkenyon

Banned
If you can afford them, what MrToughPants is rocking in his pic: Nike Romaleos II.

If volt green ain't your color, there's a lot other colors:

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:196942/sku:76927016

But yeah, the Romaleos is pretty wide feet friendly, you can safely order by your true shoe size.
Since I'm primarily a runner, I'm pretty accustomed to the insane colors. I actually like the Volt Green :p

I'll have to go try a pair on, as Nikes almost always destroy my feet due to width issues.

My previous shoes:

I went through 5 pairs of those before I couldn't find them in my size anymore. Currently rocking:

And the cushion on those just does not work. I felt it massively just on my first day of lifting (and I've been out of the lifting game for 10 years).
I feel like I am the only person that wears regular sneakers to my gym. I feel like there is this imaginary peer pressure that is forcing me to get cross trainers/running shoes. Please help convince me that I do not need more shoes GAF.
If you want to get utilitarian, which I personally am, look at them like a tool. If they're currently serving your needs of a shoe at the gym, no need. Especially with how low impact the cardio stuff is, really the only consideration is whether or not they feel right when lifting.

I run outside (until recent ankle sprain, fkn dying here), so I bought running shoes as I was doing ~20 miles a week on asphalt.

Chocobro

Since I'm primarily a runner, I'm pretty accustomed to the insane colors. I actually like the Volt Green :p

I'll have to go try a pair on, as Nikes almost always destroy my feet due to width issues.

You won't be able to find any pair of weightlifting shoes in (the vast majority of) retail stores. Most don't bother to stock any because the market is just so small.

J. Bravo

just weighed myself. 198.8. and i can see abs. this "cut" i'm doing is working, albeit in a weird way.

27.0 BMI at 6' 198.8. firmly in the overweight category lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm on the cusp of being overweight; 150.2 @ 5'6". Gotta bulk harder apparently.

Guys I need my gaffers for a possible injury assessment cause it is the weirdest thing I have ever experienced.

-Got up to 375 on DL's last week. (stealth brag)
-On second rep as I set the bar down I feel a little odd sensation in my neck but nothing alarming just a sudden heat.
-No pain but over the course of a week if I tuck my chin into my neck my traps feel really tight.
- Take a week off for vacation
- Go to do Chest today and as I am lifting the bar down to my chest with each successive rep my left LAT gets tighter and tighter and tighter until I lose all strength and can't lift the weight at all.

Still no pain but I can't do shoulder presses, bench or pull ups.

Its the oddest thing I have ever experienced. I'm going to a chiropractor today cause I figure something has to be out of place but I was just curious if any of you have experienced anything even remotely similar.

BumRush

That's good to know. I always use my running shoes. Is the issue the supporting cushion?

If I were you, I'd stick with running shoes unless you're changing your routine. You look great, you're more of a runner than a lifter and you DEFINITELY don't want to run in lifting shoes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What? Even 198 is overweight?

Shit, at my height over 170 is over weight.

Guys I need my gaffers for a possible injury assessment cause it is the weirdest thing I have ever experienced.

-Got up to 375 on DL's last week. (stealth brag)
-On second rep as I set the bar down I feel a little odd sensation in my neck but nothing alarming just a sudden heat.
-No pain but over the course of a week if I tuck my chin into my neck my traps feel really tight.
- Take a week off for vacation
- Go to do Chest today and as I am lifting the bar down to my chest with each successive rep my left LAT gets tighter and tighter and tighter until I lose all strength and can't lift the weight at all.

Still no pain but I can't do shoulder presses, bench or pull ups.

Its the oddest thing I have ever experienced. I'm going to a chiropractor today cause I figure something has to be out of place but I was just curious if any of you have experienced anything even remotely similar.

Could be a number of things. Try taking a lacrosse ball to your back and seeing if you can find any trigger points.

I have four pairs of shoes in the gym with me at all times. Squat/Bench shoes (Oly shoes), OHP/Deadlift shoes (sabo deadlift shoes), shoes I wore in the door that morning and cheap flip flops for the shower. My gym bag is now stuffed full.

Shit, at my height over 170 is over weight.

Could be a number of things. Try taking a lacrosse ball to your back and seeing if you can find any trigger points.

Good idea ill do that. Oddest thing though is no pain being associated with the movements it's just like my muscle refuses to work

mdsfx

If I were you, I'd stick with running shoes unless you're changing your routine. You look great, you're more of a runner than a lifter and you DEFINITELY don't want to run in lifting shoes.
Thanks for the kind words. I suppose switching shoes every set would be a nuisance.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good idea ill do that. Oddest thing though is no pain being associated with the movements it's just like my muscle refuses to work

I get it from time to time. Might be a locked up lat or trap. Find the trigger point and lay into it for 30-45 seconds. Do it over the next few days. Should help, just avoid your neck/spine. It's also gonna hurt like a sonofabitch.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So should I stay off lifting for a week? I tore a callus last week. Was able to workout just fine until last night. Did my squat sets just fine but I hard no grip strength after 1 heavy deadlift .

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So should I stay off lifting for a week? I tore a callus last week. Was able to workout just fine until last night. Did my squat sets just fine but I hard no grip strength after 1 heavy deadlift .

No. Do what you can or use what you can to make it work. Torn callus is no reason to skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom