• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of stuff using the fitness ball and that one balancing thing where the bottom half is a rubber ball and the top half is a rigid plastic platform you stand on.

Hmm... that sets my gimmick senses tingling.

I can see it being useful for physio, but not for serious strength training.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There is no better feeling than looking at the mirror as seeing how much your body has changed over the course of a few months. I'm gonna be sad once the noob gains stop

BumRush

Hmm... that sets my gimmick senses tingling.

I can see it being useful for physio, but not for serious strength training.

That's the thing...if you look back at the workout, its anything but serious strength training. Kenyon's much better off kicking ass with SS

BumRush

There is no better feeling than looking at the mirror as seeing how much your body has changed over the course of a few months. I'm gonna be sad once the noob gains stop

To me, the best time is when the noob gains stop and you start focusing on refining the weak muscle groups from a strength and aesthetic standpoint.

mkenyon

Banned
That will cause him to develop his core so I think it can be useful.
Yeah, he was saying this was what we were doing for the time being to give me a good platform to start more serious strength training. But, I feel pretty good about my core. It of course could be better, but between horizontal activity, running, horses, and maintaining 5 acres, it's doing okay.

Faiz

This shit had a weird after taste when I tried it plus it's expensive. Real milk kicks its ass.

The lactose free bit is what has me interested still in the face of the price. I tried to switch to almond and soy milk years ago but couldn't do it. I'm only mildly lactose intolerant so I went back but have to be careful about how much I take in.

If it's even close to regular milk in taste, I'll consider it a huge win.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Final fight only taught you one thing?

Final Fight taught me that Edi E is still alive and kicking. Brolic Gaoler cosplay:
5BZSwwj.png

Rabbitweed, what rotator cuff exercises did you do?
It's good that your shoulder is recovering. My right rotator cuff got strained from work a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it to fully recover.

I've been doing mainly cable external and internal rotations from the side and also in the upright hand position. I also bought a couple of resistance bands that I use at home for the same movements. I just bang out a few light sets several times a week to warm up my shoulders and rotator cuffs and maybe those have helped me too.

There are better ways of directly targeting your core than balance ball assisted exercises.

Squats. Lots and lots of squats.

I've been doing mainly cable external and internal rotations from the side and also in the upright hand position. I also bought a couple of resistance bands that I use at home for the same movements. I just bang out a few light sets several times a week to warm up my shoulders and rotator cuffs and maybe those have helped me too.

I do shoulder dislocations and band pull aparts every day and its really helped keep my rotator cuffs strong.

Chocobro

Ah, I've been doing those since I started lifting, in addition to a some other shoulder mobility stuff
(even though I don't really need it a whole lot)
. Too bad they didn't help prevent this small injury, oh well.

Ah frick this is a crazy injury.

I get a deep tissue massage yesterday then crush a raquet ball on my lats using my body weight to massage the area. Everything feels better.

Go to lift today and can't do anything with my left side.
Can't do pullups.
Barely can do bench.
Even barbell curls are completely wonky with my left side going numb.

Only thing I can think is I pinched a nerve.

Damnit right before summer cutting too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, yeah, weighed in at 232 but my beefaroni fueled powers of recovery are gone. Completely beat to shit.

Farmer walks, speed work. Gonna take a lot to make these quicker, but that's what strongman is for.

On video in order 222x 75 ft in 14,15 and 16 seconds. 172 both in 12.

Full log: 82x150ft, (all rest to 75 ft) 172x2, 222x4, 172x2.

http://youtu.be/EcFAhoBPeJ0

2 more weeks of cutting to go!

slice and dice!

BumRush

So, yeah, weighed in at 232 but my beefaroni fueled powers of recovery are gone. Completely beat to shit.

Farmer walks, speed work. Gonna take a lot to make these quicker, but that's what strongman is for.

On video in order 222x 75 ft in 14,15 and 16 seconds. 172 both in 12.

Full log: 82x150ft, (all rest to 75 ft) 172x2, 222x4, 172x2.

http://youtu.be/EcFAhoBPeJ0

Dude you are fucking MOTORING with that thing. The 222s don't even look that hard for you anymore.

2 more weeks of cutting to go!

Hell yeah, Sean. What an unbelievable transformation from you back in the day.

sphinx

the piano man
thread's on a roll. everyone either doing amazing strength things or looking badass or both.

I am back in Yurope, wth my gym and equipment, ready to go for new PRs,

instagram2015_zpsc7fsbnha.jpg

(insta-crosspost)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn everyone looking swole!. I should take a pic of myself sometime but to add to the swoleness I have been getting compliments that my arms and chest are looking bigger.

Imm0rt4l

My deadlift lockout really sucks, also I think my hamstrings are lagging a lot.

I get a deep tissue massage yesterday then crush a raquet ball on my lats using my body weight to massage the area. Everything feels better.

Can't do pullups.
Barely can do bench.

aw man sorry to hear

Here's me for a weekish ago.

lVAIBBs.png

Also loving my Brute Belt so far though I haven't loaded it with heavy weight yet. Apparently it can go up to 4 plates? But it's a study belt and it's not a chain dip belt so it fits into a bag rather easily.

I need a gym bag now for all my belts and shit.

aw man sorry to hear

Thanks man. Now I can only hope its just inflamed and im looking at 6 weeks of downtime compared to 6 months.

Oh well looks like everyday is LEG DAY.
Maybe I can glean a little of that Darth magic

bchamba

BFw2fpPm.jpg

Here's me from last week trying sumo for only the second time ever and using angles to show off any gains I might have. Conventional4lyfe!

BumRush

lVAIBBs.png

Also loving my Brute Belt so far though I haven't loaded it with heavy weight yet. Apparently it can go up to 4 plates? But it's a study belt and it's not a chain dip belt so it fits into a bag rather easily.

Your biceps are the stuff of legend man. Jesus.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Are you Thor? God damn.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
So many Beasts on this page alone!

Yea my hamstrings are a weak point for me since I squat high bar and don't do regular deadlifts anymore. I've been doing some accessory work to try and improve them, size isn't the issue. Not being able to pull really is a downside.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dude you are fucking MOTORING with that thing. The 222s don't even look that hard for you anymore.

Hell yeah, Sean. What an unbelievable transformation from you back in the day.

I need to be much quicker though. At least I think I do. I'll know better after my comp. strongman is a whole different beast than powerlifting. Being strong isn't enough, you gotta be able to move quick too. And I've spent all this time on static strength, moving is a issue.

Can't do pullups.
Barely can do bench.

It can take a while to work out, but can't hurt to see a sport doctor I'd you're concerned. About 2 years ago when I had my senior sciatica issue it took months to fix.

Servbot24

Banned
Damn I am a twig compared to you beasts

iSof5Ns5kWCGi.jpg

I'm actually pretty fine with this but I would like to get better definition in the lower abs. Would squats help with that?

I guess not eating shit would help more than anything huh :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn I am a twig compared to you beasts

iSof5Ns5kWCGi.jpg

I'm actually pretty fine with this but I would like to get better definition in the lower abs. Would squats help with that?

I guess not eating shit would help more than anything huh :(

You're already pretty lean, so working them would help. Hanging leg raises, ab rollouts, squats, deads, pull-ups, etc.

Also, anything you can do standing, do standing.

Servbot24

Banned
I do daily pull ups, and deadlifts once a week or so. I'll try adding that other stuff too

And might be time to set up a standing desk at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom