• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are lean as you are. I don't see any reason for you to cut as low as humanly possible and I strongly go against it. If I were you, I would have a short maintaining and start to bulk slowly to gain more muscles. Then again that is just me and don't take it too negatively. Just do you.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still undecided, and exaggerating a bit on the cutting part. Believe it or not, I can still grab stomach and lower back fat, and I think once I lose those then I can really start to maintain without too much worry (and the mental nag, lol).

Of course, who knows what'll happen in 2 weeks so I'll decide when I get there.

MjFrancis

What's the over/under on the amount of pages that thread gets to before it's locked down? It's a predictably hot topic that brews as much vitriol as politics.

Azulsky

I discovered Cinnamon Bun Quest Bars.

Its like Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart heaven.

So real question.

I have only been doing this for 6 weeks now, but i find the types of failure I get on different muscles groups to vary widely.

Some things arm related I get to a point where its like nope arm wont go up more, or i have to just press it up really slowly to finish the set, or if my form is going to shit my spotter is there. Then I dont get day 2 doms from it at all. It feels like I am not working the group properly.This happens on things like tricep/bicep isolation and OHP/Bench(at the top).

On legs doing sets to failure at the same rep range creates a hot/burning sensation along with the sudden ROM limitation. Then I get the usual doms on the second day which subsides after a day or so. The muscle feels like it was worked out.

I feel like i finally got some burn at the bottom of the biceps and triceps last week but just where they attach to the elbow.

I've read some stuff about curls working the forearms over the bicep heads if they are fresh but usually curls are after other exercises which should wear out the forearm. Not like I have much forearm to speak of anyway.

Have done partials(21's), concentration curls, drop sets. For the tricep all kind of over the head and cable work on top of whatever press uses them.

Am I crazy?

#trexarms

Nelo Ice

Banned
Obviously I can't know without seeing your deadlift form but going by your description I'd say there's a chance that this person's idea of good form is something stupid like touch and go or time under tension or slowly controlling the descent because the negative is when the fibres get pumped, brah. If he had something useful or insightful to say he would have said it.
Yeah now I really need to get myself taped to make sure I'm doing it right. But besides that again I'm thinking there's no way I could have gotten to 3+ plates without my form being good right?. Otherwise my lower back should have given up on me months ago.

mdsfx

Measured 8% today. Seeing definition in my legs now which is great. I had a total diet relapse/breakdown the other night and pigged out on a 1200 calorie meal at like 10pm. First time that's happened. I had a single cookie and it was like a shark smelling blood. Oh well.

EG5jfBN.jpg

Szu

Damn it, look what you did, MTP.

You post one pic, now it's going to start a chain reaction of body shaming fitness pics.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah now I really need to get myself taped to make sure I'm doing it right. But besides that again I'm thinking there's no way I could have gotten to 3+ plates without my form being good right?. Otherwise my lower back should have given up on me months ago.
There's always room for improvement, but I agree that if something was desperately wrong it probably would have shown up already. Basically, check your form for yourself; if you've researched the movement and are making good progress I see little reason to put any stock in the random comments of some vague egotist in the gym.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That thread is just embarrassing to read, smh. You guys are looking amazing in those pics though. Keep up that body shaming you swoll beasts.

entremet

That thread is just embarrassing to read, smh. You guys are looking amazing in those pics though. Keep up that body shaming you swoll beasts.

I feel do people go to the gym or even a beach in the summer? That woman is not some crazy genetic outlier.

I have friend that's an overworked lawyer that has a better body than the ad and all she does is Insanity and not eat like shit.

Chocobro

MTP, gotta quote your pictures bro :p Looks delicious.

And about those kinds of threads, I just don't bother with them. Not worth my time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
There's always room for improvement, but I agree that if something was desperately wrong it probably would have shown up already. Basically, check your form for yourself; if you've researched the movement and are making good progress I see little reason to put any stock in the random comments of some vague egotist in the gym.
Thanks and yeah I'm always looking to improve my form. Made sure to get that down when I first started lifting. Don't know why I let that guy get to me. Gonna forget about it and just say he was mirin that 140 lb me could deadlift 325 lbs lol.

RoeBear

your before is my endgame

I'm offended by your bod RoeBear!

its too fit!

Hot dang RoeBear, truly an inspiration...
and a big ass source of jealousy haha

RoeBear's body is triggering me. I need to hit the gym today

Roe you seriously look amazing. Really happy for you.

Great progress. 6 months? Dayumm that's a long prep.

What's your caloric intake right now?

God damn dude. Absolutely incredible work. #broner

Of course he did. You look incredible and you've made some amazing progress. :)

Granted most of the progress was thanks to my workout partner keeping me accountable, and making sure I stay focused during our sessions.

The whole process has been great so far. Everyone, including on here acknowledging my hard work has been the greatest motivation. Thanks again everybody!!!

hey I had a question as a fitness newb. I'm trying to lose weight, so I looked at the ifcalculator to see intake in terms of how much I want to lose. What I wanted to ask is that I dont have really a lot of time to hit the gym so I bought a set of dumbbells and was wondering for home exercises, is there any core ones I should be doing. Been looking for ones that focus on the core/legs. I've been doing goblet squats and crunches, but was wondering if there was anything else to do.

Super tempted to write my input in that beach body thread. I'm using every sense of rationality to restrain myself from joining in the debate. Some of the things I've read, so far, are mind boggling.

Azulsky

hey I had a question as a fitness newb. I'm trying to lose weight, so I looked at the ifcalculator to see intake in terms of how much I want to lose. What I wanted to ask is that I dont have really a lot of time to hit the gym so I bought a set of dumbbells and was wondering for home exercises, is there any core ones I should be doing. Been looking for ones that focus on the core/legs. I've been doing goblet squats and crunches, but was wondering if there was anything else to do.

Lunges, Romanian deadlift

BumRush

Hey guys, just stopping in quick to see if anyone's good at doing a visible body fat estimate? Warning for total half-naked pics and all that jazz, taken today:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ny3egmdct7c9wk/IMG_20150501_052645.jpg?dl=0

About 170-171 lbs @ 6' tall (fluctuates about 5% of that weight depending on salt intake and general water retention). Measurement just below the belly button is approx 28.75". For comparison, my Apr 5th pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpr6emawdgh0mzj/IMG_20150405_225904.jpg?dl=0

Sorry, no face. Not a big fan of my face. Might have a pic of a fat version of me if that interests anybody but it's not that relevant.

Taking a 1-2 week hiatus or so, then I'll be debating whether I want to try and cut down as low as humanly possible (although probably with a smaller deficit) before heading to a maintenance program and chasing some modest gains while staying low in body fat.

...I don't even know if I should be buying new clothes yet because I don't feel like I'm done lol. Still wearing 34-36's with a belt but that's been getting pretty loose. Anyways, feedback welcome, esp if anyone here can estimate body fat visually. The break should be a good time and then I'll be focusing on the execution again as much as possible. Thanks Fit-GAF.

Don't cut man. Focus on growing your chest and you'll have a great physique!

Also, Roe, you look dope dude.

RoeBear

Great progress. 6 months? Dayumm that's a long prep.

What's your caloric intake right now?
Sorry didn't answer you the fittest time. Prep started officially seven weeks ago. Earlier than that I was eating clean, but around 3500 calories. My calorie intake now is 2400 with nine weeks left.

Thanks Bumrush!

My buddy also got his gravity boots. Did 3x15 hanging situps. Felt like Batman.

Thanks for mentioning these - I just bought some. Seems like a fantastic way to stretch the spine and hopefully heal my herniated disc while strengthening my abs at the same time.

sphinx

the piano man
I had too little sleeep because my roommate brought his friends and right now is the last chance in the day to go to the gym, it's almost 20:00.

I need my bed, I love working out and everything but I am very very tired. I just had something to eat hoping I will be more awake in the next hours.

I will force myself to go cause otherwise everything moves to the next day and I don't want that.

-_- *sigh

SystemBug

So I joined LA Fitness a few days ago and everything is fine. I had my examination today by them and my bodyfat is 10% (according to the machine they used). I have a hard time believing that. I still have a lot of stomach fat, love handles, and chest fat.

Let's say it is at 10%, I have been eating at a calorie deficient for a while now, is there any way I can get rid of the fatty pockets in my body?

Will eating more and building muscle help with that?

The fitness trainer gave me my macro values of 210gs of protein, 150-200 carbs, and 50gs of fat.

So I joined LA Fitness a few days ago and everything is fine. I had my examination today by them and my bodyfat is 10% (according to the machine they used). I have a hard time believing that. I still have a lot of stomach fat, love handles, and chest fat.

Let's say it is at 10%, I have been eating at a calorie deficient for a while now, is there any way I can get rid of the fatty pockets in my body?

Will eating more and building muscle help with that?

The fitness trainer gave me my macro values of 210gs of protein, 150-200 carbs, and 50gs of fat.

mind posting a pic? 10 is pretty low. Sounds like you may be skinnyfat, putting on muscle will help quite a bit. Will probably be more important than trying to lose fat right now

SystemBug

mind posting a pic? 10 is pretty low. Sounds like you may be skinnyfat, putting on muscle will help quite a bit. Will probably be more important than trying to lose fat right now

here you go. these aren't post workout or anything just some i took a few days ago.

I did lose about 40 pounds since 10 months ago so I was never really skinny guy

BODYHAIR WARNING!

dttvJSw.jpg

cYFEn3h.jpg

RCtXRRd.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Circus DB is finished and headed my way. To put this in perspective, the ends are 12 inches across and that handle, even though it looks small is 2.5 inches it weighs 105lbs empty and can be loaded with plates up to 225+

Also 1 week from today is my competition. Went on a 2.16 mile walk wearing my 25lb vest.
11183462_710355105759348_8018017683275545229_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/2MNnTlnTde/

395lb bench in the books.

Lol @ the trap card

Hell yeah, awesome bud.

sphinx

the piano man
I did it, went there and nailed everything and then some, it's amazing how things change once I am there. So glad I pulled myself together and went there. I am in a good mood now

that's pretty cool!

here are some ideas if you've got more time to spare If you want to do some more cards :)

spiritreaver = Quad card,

brolic = OHP card

Szu = Martial Arts card

Since I don't have any physical or muscle thing I distinguish myself for, I could have either one saying "Acrobatics" because of pistol squats and hand stand push-ups or even better "Prestidigitation" (1. Performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand.) because of the piano and all that. that would be cool

^_^

Is it normal that my chest still gets sore? I've been working out for over a year (though seriously only about 4 months) and I still get sore after every chest day. It's weird.

I did it, went there and nailed everything and then some, it's amazing how things change once I am there. So glad I pulled myself together and went there. I am in a good mood now

that's pretty cool!

here are some ideas if you've got more time to spare If you want to do some more cards :)

spiritreaver = Quad card,

brolic = OHP card

Szu = Martial Arts card

Since I don't have any physical or muscle thing I distinguish myself for, I could have either one saying "Acrobatics" because of pistol squats and hand stand push-ups or even better "Prestidigitation" (1. Performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand.) because of the piano and all that. that would be cool

^_^

Haha I wish I could still do that, I literally just googled trap card and slapped MTPs pic on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom