• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're all rooting and cheering for you Brolic this coming week! It's gonna be excellent, I'm excited for you.

SeanR1221

Decided to push my weight loss another 2 weeks. These past two weeks have been stressful on all fronts (work, school, family) and I haven't been doing as well eating/working out, so might as well extend.

Brolic, can't wait to see the videos. It's about time you competed :)

Immortal, awesome lift. You've been getting strong as fuck lately

BumRush

How was the weighted vest walk brolic? Also, where did you get the vest? I live by the beach so my wife and I walk the baby there all the time...I'm thinking about grabbing one.

Unnaturally amped about your competition man. Don't get nervous...it's your first one so you need to focus on being relaxed, saying "fuck it" to the results and giving every event hell. You've been busting your ass and you should be proud of what you do, regardless.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
How was the weighted vest walk brolic? Also, where did you get the vest? I live by the beach so my wife and I walk the baby there all the time...I'm thinking about grabbing one.

Unnaturally amped about your competition man. Don't get nervous...it's your first one so you need to focus on being relaxed, saying "fuck it" to the results and giving every event hell. You've been busting your ass and you should be proud of what you do, regardless.

Was fine. I'm used to doing them. They basically are like ruck marches I did in the army. I bought it a few years back off of Elitefts. It goes up to 75lbs.

And thanks, it's just normal nervs akin to every time I to the APFT in the Army, and I always killed that.

BumRush

Was fine. I'm used to doing them. They basically are like ruck marches I did in the army. I bought it a few years back off of Elitefts. It goes up to 75lbs.

And thanks, it's just normal nervs akin to every time I to the APFT in the Army.

By the way, I meant that I was unnaturally amped about your competition, not you. Lol.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Thought I'd join the selfie train and show my summer progress:

j59UyD3TNXiXU.jpg

Down to a healthy 165lbs and stronger than ever. :)

ILoveBish

Took about 8 days off now from cutting, got kicked out of keto even tho im eating low carb foods, im nearing the 50-70g of carbs a day limit and got kicked out. As of this morning, i've gained 10lbs. In a week lol. Tomorrow i start up the cut again and going to be my old usual psycho strict self, with an all new food menu as well. Excited to get rid of this bloat.

https://instagram.com/p/2MNnTlnTde/

395lb bench in the books.

Lol @ the trap card

Amazing lift man, looked real nice.

sphinx

the piano man
I can't believe this... how is this possible???

youtube suggested me a random video about Kevin Levrone, it's a brief summary about his competitive life, explained in spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDecoDlrdqY

Levrone is a former Bodybuilder from the 90's, he won plenty of competitions and was twice 2nd at Mr. Olympia.

what blew my mind is how he lost his build, look at the link, fast forward to 6:33 and there's a before/after comparison. The right is AFTER!!!! to the left is his years as bodybuilder and right is after that! WTF

everything is gone, the build he attained is completely, absolutely gone.

what happened here??

puzzling

Matugi

Failed after the first rep of 315x3 on squats. Hit 305x3 last week so figure my 3rm is something like 308.5 or so, one rep max probably around 335. Pretty happy with that considering I just started squatting again in February and that my hamstrings and flutes still have a long way to go

Edit: glutes not flutes

sphinx

the piano man
Everything gained through steroids is gone after a few months.

and if he tapered down his calories, he can avoid getting fat.

I can understand that people lose size and muscle when they retire or train less but the difference is huge, looks nothing like a bodybuilder.

the difference makes me think that that 80% of his gains back then were obtained purely through steroids.

I thought PEDs where just a little extra help or some way to enhance what is already there.

that's mind blowing,

what am I looking at?

first pic is before and as I scroll to the right it's after?

ILoveBish

Sphinx, you stop doing drugs, you lose what those drugs gave you. Its that simple. Even worse, the health consequences of doing those drugs remain and get worse. Its quite foolish to consider drugs unless you're ok with a shorter life span and several medical problems including mental health throughout your life. Or just be blessed with dem genetics like a certain you know who. Otherwise, work out hard, eat right, and you'll make yourself better for sure. Just takes time.

sphinx

the piano man
I wasn't thinking about using them myself.

I thought they were a complement, not the means to the goal.

Seeing how crucial they are for any pro BB is kind of sad.

Don't cut man. Focus on growing your chest and you'll have a great physique!

Funny you should mention that, I'm actually going to work on my chest regardless of what happens after 2 weeks. I've been doing a bit of rehab on my tendinitis for my elbows and now starting to ramp up the bench and heavy forearm-related work now that it's relatively pain/discomfort free. Appreciate the feedback though, I'll work on punching out my physique to a decent level.

Visceir

I can understand that people lose size and muscle when they retire or train less but the difference is huge, looks nothing like a bodybuilder.

the difference makes me think that that 80% of his gains back then were obtained purely through steroids.

I thought PEDs where just a little extra help or some way to enhance what is already there.

that's mind blowing,

what am I looking at?

first pic is before and as I scroll to the right it's after?

Corrrect, that kind of muscle atrophy isn't just the result of getting off drugs, but stopping lifting and living the bodybuilder lifestyle (eating thousands and thousands of calories daily) in general.

Arnold probably had more of a reason to maintain his size.

MrMuscle

Kevin Levrone was a freak of nature. When he competed he basically only trained for 6 months a year. So when he stopped competing he stopped bodybuilding. No training, no food and no drugs. Doing that, your muscle will athrophy and you end up looking like a normal guy eventually.

Did something to my mid back getting out of bed yesterday. Any sot of (sudden) twisting or bending movement is not happening. Thought a good nights sleep last night and some ibuprofen would have sorted it. Sadly not :(

Did something to my mid back getting out of bed yesterday. Any sot of (sudden) twisting or bending movement is not happening. Thought a good nights sleep last night and some ibuprofen would have sorted it. Sadly not :(

Do lots of stretches, good mornings, and stiff legged deadlifts (even deficit ones) when you go to the gym next. Those really help me come back from a back injury.

BumRush

Funny you should mention that, I'm actually going to work on my chest regardless of what happens after 2 weeks. I've been doing a bit of rehab on my tendinitis for my elbows and now starting to ramp up the bench and heavy forearm-related work now that it's relatively pain/discomfort free. Appreciate the feedback though, I'll work on punching out my physique to a decent level.

Just doing bench really won't grow your chest as much as you think. Add in pause press dumbbells, cable flys, etc. so that all of the parts of the pecs pop.

Just doing bench really won't grow your chest as much as you think. Add in pause press dumbbells, cable flys, etc. so that all of the parts of the pecs pop.

Yeah, I got the accessories in the mix too. I just mean I took time off from everything related to ease the pressure off my elbows if they were going to be strained at all. Elbow strain is terribly debilitating when you take it to the weights.

BumRush

Yeah, I got the accessories in the mix too. I just mean I took time off from everything related to ease the pressure off my elbows if they were going to be strained at all. Elbow strain is terribly debilitating when you take it to the weights.

I know, brother...I know.

Good luck man...show us your progress in a few months.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Right. Doing athletics professionally is soooooooo taxing on the body.

There's that, but more importantly when your pay relies on you being competitive or your image, you have to do what needs to be done, especially when everyone else is doing it.

This is part of the reason BB turned into what it is now with insane amounts of drugs. Mass monsters are rewarded with wins, so the problem exaserbates itself.

This is why the whole lance Armstrong this was bullshit. Everyone at the top of the game is using. And if people think Olympic athletes are clean, LOL.

entremet

Kevin Levrone was a freak of nature. When he competed he basically only trained for 6 months a year. So when he stopped competing he stopped bodybuilding. No training, no food and no drugs. Doing that, your muscle will athrophy and you end up looking like a normal guy eventually.

There is still some muscle mass that you acrue on roids that becomes somewhat permanent.

It's why "natural" bodybuilding competitions ban lifetime use, not jus recent use. You can use some PED gains that give you an advantage over the drug free BB.

Imm0rt4l

I can't believe this... how is this possible???

youtube suggested me a random video about Kevin Levrone, it's a brief summary about his competitive life, explained in spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDecoDlrdqY

Levrone is a former Bodybuilder from the 90's, he won plenty of competitions and was twice 2nd at Mr. Olympia.

what blew my mind is how he lost his build, look at the link, fast forward to 6:33 and there's a before/after comparison. The right is AFTER!!!! to the left is his years as bodybuilder and right is after that! WTF

everything is gone, the build he attained is completely, absolutely gone.

what happened here??

puzzling

Because his gains are entirely a product of 1.steroids,gh, insulin, 2nd diet, then 3rd training. And in that order. Kevin was skinny as fuck as a teenager hopped on gear and blew the fuck up, dudes an uncrowned Mr. O. You can't maintain the kind of mass he had unless you stay on. The muscle mass is ephemeral, you become a slave to the drugs.
Pretty much ANY pro athletic anything.
This.

Personally I don't make any moral judgments on anyone who wants to use gear for recreational use. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I'll say I don't condone young people hopping on without actually putting in some effort or grinding and going as far as they can go without it. And I especially dislike that there are strength athletes in tested federations who still use to get a leg up on natural athletes, that rustles my jimmies since there are untested comps for those people.

entremet

Because his gains are entirely a product of 1.steroids,gh, insulin, 2nd diet, then 3rd training. And in that order. Kevin was skinny as fuck as a teenager hopped on gear and blew the fuck up, dudes an uncrowned Mr. O. You can't maintain the kind of mass he had unless you stay on. The muscle mass is ephemeral, you become a slave to the drugs.

This.

Personally I don't make any moral judgments on anyone who wants to use gear for recreational use. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I'll say I don't condone young people hopping on without actually putting in some effort or grinding and going as far as they can go without it. And I especially dislike that there are strength athletes in tested federations who still use to get a leg up on natural athletes, that rustles my jimmies since there are untested comps for those people.

Old school body builders also felt you needed to pay your dues first before getting on gear.

If you couldn't deadlift 500, you would be laughed at.

Today, due to many factors, many young men hop on drugs to get beach bodies to get girls. It's a big problem.

Golden boy Zyzz is also to blame for this.

Imm0rt4l

Old school body builders also felt you needed to pay your dues first before getting on gear.

Today, due to many factors, many young men hop on drugs to get beach bodies to get girls. It's a big problem.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Zyzz culture. Kids worship him rather than use his story as a cautionary tale.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

Yea makes me think of a 198 who totaled 2000+ raw and claims natty.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Here's the thing. Neither of my upcoming comps are even tested. I KNOW I'm competing against users. And I know the ones in my PL meet personally and know they use, and some of hem use A LOT.

I already know I'm at a huge disadvantage, but if I place, that will make me feel even better.

sphinx

the piano man
well at least Levrone is alive,

youtube also linked me to a video titled "top 10 famous pro Bodybuilders that died due to PEDs abuse"

what a fucking disaster.

this guy with last name Münzer from Austria dies in his hotel room and the amount of junk people found in his room was ridiculous.

Those people knew no boundaries,

Imm0rt4l

Even Arnold had to get a triple bypass surger in secret. I heard he didn't even mind his dosages, just popped dbol like candy.

Here's the thing. Neither of my upcoming comps are even tested. I KNOW I'm competing against users. And I know the ones in my PL meet personally and know they use, and some of hem use A LOT.

I already know I'm at a huge disadvantage, but if I place, that will make me feel even better.
To be honest I feel like untested is more respectable than most tested since drug tests don't really work anyways. You'll get out totaled, but at least you know why you got beat. Because you aren't willing to do what it would take to get to the next level. I think if I do a pl meet it will be IPF, though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Even Arnold had to get a triple bypass surger in secret. I heard he didn't even mind his dosages, just popped dbol like candy.

To be honest I feel like untested is more respectable than most tested since drug tests don't really work anyways. You'll get out totaled, but at least you know why you got beat. Because you aren't willing to do what it would take to get to the next level. I think if I do a pl meet it will be IPF, though.

True enough, I swear if I hear one more ignorant say "he's natural he competes tested." I'm gonna lose it.

I actually have friends that have competed natural and I know damn well they use like a mofo. I'll never understand that mentality. I mean you KNOW you're cheating.

As for doing what it takes. I'm willing to do what it takes, except for breaking the law. If PEDs were legal and didn't fuck up your internal organs in some/most cases I'd do them.

Which I guess for all intents and purposes defaults back to your statement.

J. Bravo

so when i pull 500 i can start using?

lol jk i will never get on gear unless for some godforsaken reason i decide to compete in PLing at a high lvl.

despire

When was this? I know he had a valve replaced/fixed in the end of the nineties but it was hereditary. His mom died of the same thing because she didn't get it fixed. At least that's what it says in his autobiography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom