• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsfx

On my way to the doctor. I think I've been overdoing the running and my left leg is fucked. Calf strain, IT band issues, pain under knee. Im 3 weeks out from my 10-mile race.

Fuck,fuck,fuck.

Sorry, but I needed to vent. Uggggh

entremet

I'd never heard of Zyzz before. Googled.

What the fuck? This guy is role model for people?

He was one of the big precursors to the YOLO lifestyle.

The guy was a funny troll I'd admit that.

But he mixed party drugs with a bad heart condition--I don't know if it was diagnosed--and high doses of roids. Lost his life too early.

Who knows if the heart condition would've got him regardless of his lifestyle though.

I'd never heard of Zyzz before. Googled.

What the fuck? This guy is role model for people?

It is because he started off as a nerd and become into the guy we all know and love. I don't idolize him or anything but if people are level headed, he can be an inspiration.

if my test levels ever drop to the point where I need TRT, that is when I will hop on and leave humanity behind.

Sorry to disappoint you bruddah but you'd just be getting a prescription for enough to bring you back up to the normal range. You need the good shit from Tel Aviv that comes in an unmarked brown bag if you want true greatness.

ILoveBish

Older fitgaf hearing the siren call of trt. If I felt like my levels were low I'd get checked but I'm stronger then I was a year ago and 30lbs or so lighter. So gonna keep going.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Good news, I hit a new PR on deadlifts because I started using chalk.

Bad news, I almost threw up from exertion because I took almost 2 weeks off due to finals.

Baby steps, baby steps. I can taste that 225lb deadlift. Gonna try to see if I can hit a 1RM on it next workout.

Szu

Sorry to disappoint you bruddah but you'd just be getting a prescription for enough to bring you back up to the normal range. You need the good shit from Tel Aviv that comes in an unmarked brown bag if you want true greatness.

I'll just make a note of that. For science.
the-office-ryan-notes-gif-1427208419.gif

BumRush

As for doing what it takes. I'm willing to do what it takes, except for breaking the law. If PEDs were legal and didn't fuck up your internal organs in some/most cases I'd do them.

For me, you nailed it right here. They are illegal because they DO fuck up your organs. People that use them aren't looking long term, but you are. You have a family, and using would just be incredibly selfish.

Also, did 55 lbs farmer walks at the local high school (6 walks, 360 feet per) and my whole body is aching. How the fuck do you carry that much weight?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Long, long story short, I'm trying to get more serious about my weight and over-all health.

I'm 26 years old, and while it varies - for the last three years, I've done light strength workouts for about 40 minutes a night, three nights a week. I eat "real food" (think, only from Whole Foods) 90% of the time - but had a total disregard for the calories.

Two months ago, I started jogging/walking regularly, and have added that to my time at the gym. I typically walk/jog about 3 miles, 2-3 times a week.

And today, I've officially hit one full week of really trying to be mindful of my calorie intake - I chose last Monday as it was a corporate event at work, and I knew there'd be a shit-ton of bad-for-me options for food, for free, 15 hours a day. If I could resist that, I could resist anything.

I'm currently 6'2", 255lbs.

Here's my log (intake is gross food intake, not net... it does NOT factor in exercise or anything)

Monday: 1,769 calorie intake
Breakfast: Bananna
Lunch: Epic Beef Bar, Apple, lettuce, watermelon
Dinner: Slider, cantaloupe, pear salad, chicken, brown rice, fajita veggie mix, mild salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce
Snacks: smarties (one pack), peanuts, banana

Tue: 1,799 intake
B: Banana
L: White chicken, tomato, lettuce, salsa, Epic Bacon Bar
D: Mixed Tapas Dinner (1,000 calories - only option I had)
S: Peanuts, apple, 10 peanut butter filled pretzel bites (150c)

Wed: 1,688 intake
B: Mixed Fruit
L: Grilled chicken breast, lettuce, Parmesan cheese
D: Burger (600c), fries (379c)
S: Orange, Beef Epic bar

etc, etc... I've stayed at or under 1,800 gross calories each day.

MY QUESTION IS... I'm trying to get lots of variety. I've cut out candy and soda for the most part, and I've reduced my carbs considerably... but I still snuck a burger and fries one day, I still had a small ice cream bar one day, I still took a handful of pretzels one day. Is that just beyond stupid... does that make everything else "not worth it," or am I okay so long as I continue the variety and watch my calories?

mkenyon

Banned
Depends on how cut you're looking to get. If you're trying to eat healthy, eating unhealthy meals once in awhile doesn't ruin anything. In fact, that's what those meals are *supposed* to be; infrequent treats.

Really successful diets for non competition are all about creating a general rule. Exceptions to that rule will always exist, and that's perfectly okay.

BumRush

MY QUESTION IS... I'm trying to get lots of variety. I've cut out candy and soda for the most part, and I've reduced my carbs considerably... but I still snuck a burger and fries one day, I still had a small ice cream bar one day, I still took a handful of pretzels one day. Is that just beyond stupid... does that make everything else "not worth it," or am I okay so long as I continue the variety and watch my calories?

You're fine. If you were trying to get to 7% body fat I'd tell you not to do that, but having mild cheat meals every once in a while will not derail progress made in the gym and kitchen.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For me, you nailed it right here. They are illegal because they DO fuck up your organs. People that use them aren't looking long term, but you are. You have a family, and using would just be incredibly selfish.

Also, did 55 lbs farmer walks at the local high school (6 walks, 360 feet per) and my whole body is aching. How the fuck do you carry that much weight?

Easy answer is I'm built for it. My deadlift is my best lift, so farmer carries being good makes sense.

Yeah, it looks like you shaved off a few pounds...from your face.

Seriously, great work, man.
Thanks bud.

You are looking leaner dude, way to go! You also look really different without any facial hair. I didn't recognize you at first.

Thanks, got tired of beard again, too hot for that shit.

Hey bro, we're getting a shipment of 2 tons of alfalfa in three strand bales. Do me a favor and come move those for me plz.

Lol.

blackflag

They are illegal because we must combat communism.

blackflag

I can't believe this... how is this possible???

youtube suggested me a random video about Kevin Levrone, it's a brief summary about his competitive life, explained in spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDecoDlrdqY

Levrone is a former Bodybuilder from the 90's, he won plenty of competitions and was twice 2nd at Mr. Olympia.

what blew my mind is how he lost his build, look at the link, fast forward to 6:33 and there's a before/after comparison. The right is AFTER!!!! to the left is his years as bodybuilder and right is after that! WTF

everything is gone, the build he attained is completely, absolutely gone.

what happened here??

puzzling

It's called Palumboism. Look up Dave Palumbo.

There's no definite known cause yet but some suspect it's because of too much insulin abuse.

Edit: actually it looks like he just stopped lifting. I made that comment assuming...

bchamba

mvEFaq3m.jpg

Starting to notice some back gains after my max effort upper body day. Worked up to a 300 lb paused close grip bench and followed up with paused incline, dips, pull ups, and rear delt flys.

Oscar

Any recommendations for lifting shoes?

I see lots of bros just wearing Chuck Taylors.

I like the look of those Nike Romaleos II, but got dayum @ dat $189 price tag.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Any recommendations for lifting shoes?

I see lots of bros just wearing Chuck Taylors.

I like the look of those Nike Romaleos II, but got dayum @ dat $189 price tag.

If you're really into lifting you will spend the money. I'm probably approaching 5k+ on my gym already including belts shoes and shit.

Hell I just dropped 455 on a circus DB and it should be here tomorrow!

As for shoes I have toe shoes, minimalist running shoes (adidas), adipowers, and work boots (for stones).

Oscar

If you're really into lifting you will spend the money. I'm probably approaching 5k+ on my gym already including belts shoes and shit.

Hell I just dropped 455 on a circus DB and it should be here tomorrow!

As for shoes I have toe shoes, minimalist running shoes (adidas), adipowers, and work boots (for stones).

I've only been lifting since last November (Squat is at a wimpy 235 for 5x5 atm), but I'll probably pull the trigger on these Nike's once I hit another milestone. I like how they aren't atrocious and I'd rock em outside of the gym.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I've only been lifting since last November (Squat is at a wimpy 235 for 5x5 atm), but I'll probably pull the trigger on these Nike's once I hit another milestone. I like how they aren't atrocious and I'd rock em outside of the gym.

You absolutely would not use them outside the gym. They are hard flat soled.

Lost 3kg (6.6lbs) over three days of bikepacking. Seems to have been mostly muscle due to poor fuelling. :(

Stupid complete lack of shops in the countryside.

Have also damaged my knee to the point where I can't walk.... so no exercise of any sort this week I think. Maybe some curls, I don't know. :p

Szu

I got a nice compliment from one of the regulars at my gym. He said that I was summer ready.

I mentioned that I still have some work to do and I need a tan. The tan might actually be harder. I normally have two skin settings: pasty white and lobster. I'd prefer not to be a lobster.

blackflag

The last time I tested my normal grip paused was about 5 weeks ago I got 295. I'd think its closer to 305 now based on how much I closed grip.

Nice, I think that's unusual, it's usually much much less on closed grip.

I can bench 365 but closed grip is probably 200 something but I'm not sure since I don't max out with close grip.

Here's the thing. Neither of my upcoming comps are even tested. I KNOW I'm competing against users. And I know the ones in my PL meet personally and know they use, and some of hem use A LOT.

I already know I'm at a huge disadvantage, but if I place, that will make me feel even better.

Huge respect for you man. Really hope you're successful on the competition!

HappyHunting

Neo Member
While I want to be strong (SS) is doing this. I also want to work on aesthetics... SS is strict on reps for progress and volume on accessories... would it be wise to switch to something like 531 with an accessory program ?

No Love

Banned
Long, long story short, I'm trying to get more serious about my weight and over-all health.

I'm 26 years old, and while it varies - for the last three years, I've done light strength workouts for about 40 minutes a night, three nights a week. I eat "real food" (think, only from Whole Foods) 90% of the time - but had a total disregard for the calories.

Two months ago, I started jogging/walking regularly, and have added that to my time at the gym. I typically walk/jog about 3 miles, 2-3 times a week.

And today, I've officially hit one full week of really trying to be mindful of my calorie intake - I chose last Monday as it was a corporate event at work, and I knew there'd be a shit-ton of bad-for-me options for food, for free, 15 hours a day. If I could resist that, I could resist anything.

I'm currently 6'2", 255lbs.

Here's my log (intake is gross food intake, not net... it does NOT factor in exercise or anything)

Monday: 1,769 calorie intake
Breakfast: Bananna
Lunch: Epic Beef Bar, Apple, lettuce, watermelon
Dinner: Slider, cantaloupe, pear salad, chicken, brown rice, fajita veggie mix, mild salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce
Snacks: smarties (one pack), peanuts, banana

Tue: 1,799 intake
B: Banana
L: White chicken, tomato, lettuce, salsa, Epic Bacon Bar
D: Mixed Tapas Dinner (1,000 calories - only option I had)
S: Peanuts, apple, 10 peanut butter filled pretzel bites (150c)

Wed: 1,688 intake
B: Mixed Fruit
L: Grilled chicken breast, lettuce, Parmesan cheese
D: Burger (600c), fries (379c)
S: Orange, Beef Epic bar

etc, etc... I've stayed at or under 1,800 gross calories each day.

Nah man, you're cool. Remember, it's a numbers game, focus on that.

Just don't be like me and have two of those mini Ben & Jerry's cups (260 cals each) and a milkshake and burger + fries yesterday (in my defense, it was a 460 cal burger)... jesus I feel like Rosie O'Donnell today.

ILoveBish

Lost 3kg (6.6lbs) over three days of bikepacking. Seems to have been mostly muscle due to poor fuelling. :(

Stupid complete lack of shops in the countryside.

Have also damaged my knee to the point where I can't walk.... so no exercise of any sort this week I think. Maybe some curls, I don't know. :p

With results like these, who wouldn't want to switch to cardio full time.

But seriously, hope you're back up and running soon. I am terrified at the thought of getting injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom