• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question but how often should I do cardio if I want to get toned and lean? I do a 30 min. cardio program 3 times a week. I'm just concerned about losing muscle.

This is the program I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcN3...fQSqIQ&index=8

No one can answer that because everyone is different and there are too many variables. You just have to try things and see how your body reacts. Try not too change too many variables at once or too quickly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Work on your grip strength bros:

tumblr_n15tusyvNb1tt1pvzo3_r1_400.gif

Look at them tiny forearms and stick legs.

Doesn't even deadlift.

SeanR1221

Ha. Speaking of which, we missed you last night. My son straight up said last night, "online isn't as fun without Sean playing." It's like he knows you all of the sudden.

Yeah my buddy wanted to play ps4 and we haven't played in a couple weeks

My wife's out tonight and I don't think anythings on so I'll probably be on if you're around

Matugi

What's the amount of yogurt to protein powder in order to get a good texture/flavor? Gonna try this next time I pick up some vanilla PP.

Before hardcore lactose intolerance kicked in, I would go about 3-4 scoops of yogurt with 1 scoop of protein powder. About 50g of protein in total.

Now it's like diarrhea in a bowl unless I take lactaid lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the amount of yogurt to protein powder in order to get a good texture/flavor? Gonna try this next time I pick up some vanilla PP.

Just kinda eyeball it - enough so it'll blend. Usually about half a scoop for a cup o' yogurt.

I go a cup of greek yogurt and a scoop of protein

works for me

Before hardcore lactose intolerance kicked in, I would go about 3-4 scoops of yogurt with 1 scoop of protein powder. About 50g of protein in total.

Now it's like diarrhea in a bowl unless I take lactaid lol

Just kinda eyeball it - enough so it'll blend. Usually about half a scoop for a cup o' yogurt.

Time for me to pick up some vanilla protein powder I see. I've just been sticking to chocolate and plain for what I need up until now. Used to use vanilla in smoothies which was so, sooo good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time for me to pick up some vanilla protein powder I see. I've just been sticking to chocolate and plain for what I need up until now. Used to use vanilla in smoothies which was so, sooo good.

Chocolate is always better than vanillers imho. Never put chocolate in yogurt doe

I just had 2 quesaritos in the name of God and Vince Mcmahon

And they were good! Taco bell redeemed

Since we're talking about food, can consuming a scoop of whey protein everyday damage the kidneys in the long term?

Go_Ly_Dow

Choc caramel from myprotein is my poison. Cheap, tastes amazing and mixes great.

Add full milk and a tablespoon of smooth unflavoured peanut butter.

Since we're talking about food, can consuming a scoop of whey protein everyday damage the kidneys in the long term?

Protein powder is just protein plus a tiny bit of whatever else they throw in (sugar, a bit of salt, etc). If a scoop of protein powder could hurt your kidneys, so would a few ounces of chicken, a cup or two of beans, or a few cups of milk.

So, basically, no, an extra scoop of protein powder each day won't do any harm to your kidneys. I remember reading that the best way to ensure kidney health is to stay well hydrated, so make sure you drink a reasonable amount of water on a daily basis.

why would it?

protein is protein. I usually have 2-3 scoops a day.

keezy

^ I'll take 5lbs please.

Edit: Is this real? lol 1oz = 20g of protein???

Chicken is about 8-9g. That sounds too good to be true.

Imm0rt4l

^ I'll take 5lbs please.

Edit: Is this real? lol 1oz = 20g of protein???

Chicken is about 8-9g. That sounds too good to be true.

Because it's dried. Alberto Nunez posted it on instagram

probably taste like ass.

WILL YOU SACRIFICE TO WIN / Lame Nordstrom

1517294_730349360341517_1425114828_n.jpg

Just look at this motherfucker.

Quesarito needs more protein IMO. 650 calories and only 22 g protein? But it looks delicious and the bulking food of the gods ...so I will partake when I can work it into my macros some day while cutting. It'd basically be most of my lunch and probably totally worth it.

Matugi

Because it's dried. Alberto Nunez posted it on instagram

probably taste like ass.

WILL YOU SACRIFICE TO WIN / Lame Nordstrom

1517294_730349360341517_1425114828_n.jpg

Just look at this motherfucker.

It's like an invisible plant decided to start to grow out of his head and take root under his skin

More health related than fitness related, I'm trying to come up with a very short workout for five-ten minutes away from my desk every hour or so (I work extremely long hours). Too easy for me to just sit there for four hour stretches (it was easier when I smoked!) and I'm a bit concerned about what that's doing to me.

So far I'm thinking along these lines (in no particular order), all bodyweight / stretches.:

• Squats
  • Single Leg Calf Raise
  • Lunges
  • Stairs
  • Single Leg Calf Raises
  • Hip Flexor Stretch
  • Shoulder Stretch

Probably got space for one or two more in there. Anything anyone can think of that would fit (or might work better than something I have)? I'm also considering one legged squats, though I've never done any significant quantity of them before (and I'm assuming form is fairly important).

Imm0rt4l

none of us will probably ever be that shredded, I don't want to and I'm not a bodybuilder anyways. It's definitely something to marvel at though. I think that's him dieted down to 161lbs, at almost 5'10". offseason he's in his 190's iirc.

none of us will probably ever be that shredded, I don't want to and I'm not a bodybuilder anyways. It's definitely something to marvel at though. I think that's him dieted down to 161lbs, at almost 5'10". offseason he's in his 190's iirc.

I would like to be like that just once, just to see how it would feel/be like. But like you said, never gonna happen.

Read through the "reducing stomach fat" thread. Died a little inside. So much terrible advice there..

only so much you can do brah

Barzul

My protein shake recipe is handful of blueberries, one strawberry, half a banana, two scoops of protein powder, one teaspoon of peanut butter. And I mix my creatine in there, because I hate drinking the stuff on it's own.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That dude looks disgusting. What's up with his huge divots on his chest? It's disturbing. To each their own but I'm fairly confident saying besides body builders no one finds that attractive.

Powercast

I don't think he goes beyond 175~lbs on offseason nowadays, no need to as natty competitor, Berto is leaner in bulk mode than most guys after a cut lol

Cudder

For the first time in months I took a day off yesterday. I won't miss any workouts because I'm just pushing every thing back a day. I was beat to shit yesterday. The Tuesday of DLs working 435-445 for sets of 3 followed by squats and muscle ups Wednesday had me feeling like an 80 year old. I was tired, sore, and mentally drained. Feeling good today and ready to get at it. I think DLing and squatting back to back days needs to change. It's just too much for me now.

You don't take days off? You workout 7 days a week?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I had four. Two steak, two chicken. I'm good for the rest of the day. I'm happy, too. Quesaritos are dope as fuck.

Pete Rock

That dude looks disgusting. What's up with his huge divots on his chest? It's disturbing. To each their own but I'm fairly confident saying besides body builders no one finds that attractive.

I don't know about disgusting, I find it pretty awesome, not really my idea of attractive though.

I am not sure about that "break" in the pectoral but I know when I first noticed that on myself I was really proud of it. I'm not sure if it's genetics or that any pectoral developed past a certain point will exhibit them? I think they are pretty sick tho.

I love striations and I really don't like veins, but you can't pick and choose so it's pointless.

It's also pointless but more importantly unhealthy to discuss what "women want" or find desirable. One, because let's be honest we don't know any, only girls. Two, it objectifies them as a group rather than considering them as individuals. Three and most importantly, it doesn't matter what somebody else wants. If you constantly hate yourself because x y z random variable isn't up to imaginary par, then nobody is going to want to enjoy spending time with you anyways.

Edit: apparently this is referenced between the 'clavicular' and 'sternal' head of the pectoral muscles:
jamesb.jpg

5x185 lbs bench press form check: http://youtu.be/q73q7EDKMyc

5s week of 5/3/1. I was fucking struggling on that fifth and final rep more than it looks; this cut is serious shit. Please give me your honest opinion of my form, even if I have to reset to an empty bar to improve my form I'm happy to do so.

Deadlift platform is stacked with people so I won't get to practice my DL form at 135 lbs today. Will make a trip back just for that tomorrow hopefully.

By the way, it is hard to tell from that angle, but I line up so when laying on the bench my vision is just barely "under" the bar when it is racked, or in other words, I am looking at the ceiling about half an inch to the side of the bar that my legs are on.

Matugi

I would like to be like that just once, just to see how it would feel/be like. But like you said, never gonna happen.

only so much you can do brah

Probably feels like shit. That's like 6% bodyfat or less and dehydrated as shit

5x185 lbs bench press form check: http://youtu.be/q73q7EDKMyc

5s week of 5/3/1. I was fucking struggling on that fifth and final rep more than it looks; this cut is serious shit. Please give me your honest opinion of my form, even if I have to reset to an empty bar to improve my form I'm happy to do so.

Deadlift platform is stacked with people so I won't get to practice my DL form at 135 lbs today. Will make a trip back just for that tomorrow hopefully.

By the way, it is hard to tell from that angle, but I line up so when laying on the bench my vision is just barely "under" the bar when it is racked, or in other words, I am looking at the ceiling about half an inch to the side of the bar that my legs are on.

Looks good. Try tucking your legs back more for maximum leg drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom