• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I don't know about disgusting, I find it pretty awesome, not really my idea of attractive though.

I am not sure about that "break" in the pectoral but I know when I first noticed that on myself I was really proud of it. I'm not sure if it's genetics or that any pectoral developed past a certain point will exhibit them? I think they are pretty sick tho.

I love striations and I really don't like veins, but you can't pick and choose so it's pointless.

It's also pointless but more importantly unhealthy to discuss what "women want" or find desirable. One, because let's be honest we don't know any, only girls. Two, it objectifies them as a group rather than considering them as individuals. Three and most importantly, it doesn't matter what somebody else wants. If you constantly hate yourself because x y z random variable isn't up to imaginary par, then nobody is going to want to enjoy spending time with you anyways.

Not just women. Gay men too. ;) I agree with your post though. It was mainly my opinion and what I project others will be also. It looks unhealthy to me. That's my first thought when I saw the pic. Being that low can't be good for you. Then that divot. Cannot unsee!

Visceir

My current favorite snack is smoked pig ears. 100 g contains 220 kcal, 25 g protein, 12 g carbs and 2 g fat. Rather cheap too and takes no preparation, ready to eat from the package.

Imm0rt4l

Doesny everybody have that break in their pecks? Pretty normal. I'm impressed with the feathering/striations in his chest. Vascularity is cool. But not the kind usually induced by gear

I want them SOOO BAD!

It's much easier and less effort to get vascularity like that then to suffer for years to get a 6 pack.

speak for yourself brah

at my leanest, I never had those veins =/

i see doods all the time fatter than me with more vascularity than I have. Damn genetics.

Cooter

speak for yourself brah

i see doods all the time fatter than me with more vascularity than I have. Damn genetics.
After your historic bulk your veins will have no choice but to grow and expose themselves! You forced their hand.

speak for yourself brah

My brother is 5'10 and 145 lbs and has veins up and down his arms.

Never picked up a weight in his life. All from playing basketball...

-_-

What kind of rule is that? Have some fun. Not like you work there.
Haha, I just don't like oggling or being oggled at the gym. It can make people feel uncomfortable and I'm not a fan of people feeling uncomfortable at the gym.

There are gyms in gay districts of big cities that are pretty much cruise spots. People don't take their eyes off you for a second. I lifted at one in NYC and it was just so awkward.

I think I'm just weird though. The gym is like my sanctuary.

I couldn't help it today though. Guy was very lean and muscular and he asked me to spot him and it just snowballed from there.

TMI yet?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I just don't like oggling or being oggled at the gym. It can make people feel uncomfortable and I'm not a fan of people feeling uncomfortable at the gym.

There are gyms in gay districts of big cities that are pretty much cruise spots. People don't take their eyes off you for a second. I lifted at one in NYC and it was just so awkward.

I couldn't help it today though. Guy was very lean and muscular and he asked me to spot him and it just snowballed from there.

TMI yet?

Depends on what you mean by snowball.

ibdKBFH2sSfsik.gif

Cooter

TMI yet?
Nah. Not yet. ;)

There was obviously a connection. Don't box yourself in. They don't happen often. Live in the moment!

Oh shit Vince!! I'm rolling

Cooter

To be fair a lot of people hate being hit on during a workout. That might apply more to girls though?
I'm not advocating hitting on everything with a pulse but if you start talking and there is something there I don't see why you'd let the fact that you two are both members at the same gym stop you from pursuing someone.

Wouldn't it be like an office romance? Great if it goes well, but if it ends up going bad you have to see that person every day or move to another gym.

"How many more sets in the squat rack?"
"Only one... like the number of times you broke my heart."

Chocolate is always better than vanillers imho. Never put chocolate in yogurt doe

Might just be me, but I have only had bad experiences with Vanilla. Never seems to sit right.

Cooter

Wouldn't it be like an office romance? Great if it goes well, but if it ends up going bad you have to see that person every day or move to another gym.

"How many more sets in the squat rack?"
"Only one... like the number of times you broke my heart."

Maybe but you can just ignore them and not communicate. Work might force you to talk to each other.

Matugi

TMI yet?

I was wondering how that would've transpired. I guess at just a regular ole gym you'd be taking a risk of hitting on a straight guy

Matugi

There are fairly subtle signs (although take that from a straight guy who has been hit on by a few gay guys).

Where does it cross over from 'mirin/observing/that what the fuck is that guy doing look to "mirin"

Hell yes.

Big, thick, pulsating, vein(y).

thatsapenis.gif

But yeah, on the topic my ex-girlfriend was obsessed with my arms. She would fucking lay on me and just rub up and down my veins. It was interesting to say the least

Pakoe

That dude looks disgusting. What's up with his huge divots on his chest? It's disturbing. To each their own but I'm fairly confident saying besides body builders no one finds that attractive.

Who cares? Do you train for others?
He's obviously proud of what he has reached, fairly confident to say he doesn't give a shit about who thinks that is unattractive.

More health related than fitness related, I'm trying to come up with a very short workout for five-ten minutes away from my desk every hour or so (I work extremely long hours). Too easy for me to just sit there for four hour stretches (it was easier when I smoked!) and I'm a bit concerned about what that's doing to me.

So far I'm thinking along these lines (in no particular order), all bodyweight / stretches.:

• Squats
  • Single Leg Calf Raise
  • Lunges
  • Stairs
  • Single Leg Calf Raises
  • Hip Flexor Stretch
  • Shoulder Stretch

Probably got space for one or two more in there. Anything anyone can think of that would fit (or might work better than something I have)? I'm also considering one legged squats, though I've never done any significant quantity of them before (and I'm assuming form is fairly important).

For the new page... and to get away from all dat testosterone...

Cooter

Who cares? Do you train for others?
He's obviously proud of what he has reached, fairly confident to say he doesn't give a shit about who thinks that is unattractive.
I train for FitGAF. I can't speak for others.

Leeness

Yay! I actually also went for a two hours Nordic walk yesterday. Hopefully these new routines will work brilliantly. :D

Also smashing to hear that you have managed to keep up the good work. :)

Go for it! Power walk! :D Get an awesome speed suit.

4012833_o.gif

:D

Checking in with my 40 minutes of kickboxing. Too hot to have dinner yet...it's sitting in the oven. :(

Was ~tempted~ with cake in a jar at work today but I said NO. But they had so much, I brought some home and it's sitting in my fridge and I will pass it to my family :D

oh so I posted this in the old thread, but I guess there's this one now so...

Hey FitGAF, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a work out/diet plan? Between February and May I lost about 20 lbs (185 to 165), and I'm about 5'9" in height. I still need to lose around 10 lbs to reach my goal, 155 lbs but since I came home from college I haven't been exercising as much, and I've been eating so as to maintain my weight and not lose it. Some of my friends and I are working out together, but none of us have access to a formal gym while at home, although we do have some equipment. What we have is a bench that doesn't incline or decline, a Bench Press Bar, a curl(?) bar, and a track we can use. Can anyone help me out on what the best workout plan with this equipment is to turn fat into muscle? Thanks a bunch, and I hope it was ok to post this here. Not sure if I should post pics of my current self right now.

edit: I should mention that I lost the 20 lbs completely by cutting calories and doing cardio, so lifting has been pretty hard for me. I still kind of look fat to myself tbh, but everyone tells me I look a lot better than I used to, so I'm not sure how much I should be losing/gaining in muscle. I don't want to be huge, but I want to not be fat anymore.

KingJolly

Banned
Fitness Gaf. I'm trying to cut through weights but with some HIT Cardio. Is my diet good enough?

My diet consist of

Morning: Mostly skip this but when I do

I have
pDGC1-11389288v380.jpg
with a cup of skimmed milk or just a protein Shake with 8oz of skimmed milk.

Lunch: I have a Salad (No dressing) with turkey ham or Chicken Breasts with Brown Rice/Brown Spaghetti and vegetables

Snack before Gym: Yogurt or Protein Shake (If I did not have it for breakfast) or/and a banana

After Gym: Protein Shake with skimmed milk (Should it be water?)

Dinner: One Sandwhich (Brown Bread) or whats left from lunch see above. or a Mango/Kiwi/Apple

Bed Time: Protein Shake.

(I'm going on a calorie deficit.)

My Workout consists of 3-5 times a week.

High Strength low reps weights (6 reps 3-4 sets.) M W F

HIT cardio (I'm new to this get worn out after 10 mins but trying to push to 20 bit by bit) T T S

Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom