• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

What a difference can a change in the work out clothes make! Seriously, the new pants just make me feel sporty. And my ass - honestly, they seem to hug my ass in a very flattering way.

Welp, I broke my cardinal rule of never hitting on anyone at the gym. I think it's about that time that I have a one nighter.
Ooh! Hopefully you had / will have loads of fun!
We want all the dirty details... :p

speak for yourself brah

at my leanest, I never had those veins =/

i see doods all the time fatter than me with more vascularity than I have. Damn genetics.
But you are a mega sexy beast none the less. ;)

That's why I love Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays.

EMPTY GYM YEAH.
I wish.

It seems everyone crawls to the gym during weekend.

The only time my gym is relatively empty is too early in the morning.

Matugi

:(.

I think the gym I go to is mostly full of young college men, so on weekends they are busy PARTYING and stuff.

Empty squat racks, empty benches, empty weight rooms. <333333

pfft, partying is for the evening. gotta worship the iron god in the morning so he will bless me with dance skills in the evening

You seem to have changed skin colour. ;)

heh, all in the lighting

Bigger chest, lats, traps, delts, and arms. You da fuckin man FE!

FE with the ridiculous gains.

What a difference a year can make.

Gym pass expired and the gym was too crowded with curl bros. Squatting on carpet until the new local gym opens up in two weeks.

Mass acquired.

Fuck ya FE.

thx guys. Still got more to go but my goal is that every year, I look at my previous pics and go "I look a lot better now". So far, so good.

I was expecting a banana hammock... pleasantly surprised.

if I had a bigger dick, that would be option #1

But you are a mega sexy beast none the less. ;)

it could be so much better, so much missed potential

I'm getting severe 80's flashbacks... they look cool though!!!

that was the plan, dress goofy and give no fucks

yessss do it

yeah buddy

Thanks again for the advice on squats. With better shoes I think I have eliminated the heel problem.

Even with a focus on stretching, depth is still a major issue due to my flexibility. I'll need to work on this a lot I feel, but at least I understand the problem better.

Get it FE, Mr. Beast himself.

I think I hit traps way too hard yesterday. Really sore neck/traps today almost as if I slept in a bad way, but it's all from the gym.

I got a little carried away honestly. You should not need to spend much time on these minor muscle groups, but I just didn't want to leave the gym.

No Love

Banned

I think I hit traps way too hard yesterday. Really sore neck/traps today almost as if I slept in a bad way, but it's all from the gym.

I got a little carried away honestly. You should not need to spend much time on these minor muscle groups, but I just didn't want to leave the gym.

What're your favorite exercises for traps? I really enjoy working on mine but I feel like I want to do more than just shrugs.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Hmmm. Could that possibly be due to your new infatuation? Just taking a stab in the dark here!

J. Bravo

Darth is about to take a stab in the dark too.

FE you are a big mofo. I vote you keep cutting though haha. You gotta get to low ish bf to have veins. Or do a lot of cardio. All mine are from running cross country in Hs.

Between this and the snowballing thing you guys have been cracking me up the past day or so.

Side note: for the chicken quesarito into my macros today. It is decent but maybe too gooey for my liking. Cheesy gordita crunch still reigns supreme.

grumble

FE you are a big mofo. I vote you keep cutting though haha. You gotta get to low ish bf to have veins. Or do a lot of cardio. All mine are from running cross country in Hs.

The impression I got was that veins were from a few things. Low body fat, lots of muscle mass, genetics, capillary density (ie do lots of high rep training to increase glycolytic capacity), ad steroids will absolutely increase vascularity. Downside is that beyond a certain point it can be unattractive...

Look, when I say I give my 110% in everything, I really mean everything. Lmao, love you guys

What're your favorite exercises for traps? I really enjoy working on mine but I feel like I want to do more than just shrugs.
Shrugs and farmer's.

I will do a couple heavy sets of front and rear barbell shrugs, then switch to DBs and do dropset+superset of front,side,rear shrugs, then end with farmer's walks. I like to keep the reps high and focus more on getting a burn in my traps. Kinda like working out calves.

I do face pulls and whatnot early in my workout as if I ever do traps it's alongside shoulders, just cause.

<3 you guys so much, ty all for the compliments. I need more criticisms though! It is not all good all the time! I really do feel like I fucked up a bit on the cut. Feel like I dropped too much strength. My diet has been all over the place. In addition to that, I also felt like I lost too much muscle mass when compared to the fat. No worries though, I will get all that back and then some come fall/winter.

Oh don't worry, I'm going to keep going till prolly September/October. See what else I can achieve. Want to really get things poppin. Lean mean fighting machine.

Jonm1010

Banned
Hey guys, I'm trying to jump back into lifting and I was doing some research on protein powders.

Now that I'm older and wiser I have become concerned about the unregulated nature of the supplements I take. I know about a year or more ago there was a common graph and accompanying link that rated a bunch of protein powders that were tested for harmful ingredients. I haven't had any luck finding it and was curious if anyone might recall what I'm talking about and/or have any other recommendations or links about protein powders?

Basically I'm looking for a powder that is free of harmful metals and ingredients and isn't loaded with artificial sweeteners. So far my search has come up empty.

yogloo

r9GgHyq.jpg

I guess solgar is your best choice based on this report.

Matugi

Man thai food, and asian food in general, is great, but my god is it salty and then tfw you wake up in the morning and feel all flabby because of excess water retention :(

Man thai food, and asian food in general, is great, but my god is it salty and then tfw you wake up in the morning and feel all flabby because of excess water retention :(
Did you cheat too? I had Chinese yesterday for my cheat and I'm as soft as a waterlogged sponge.

Matugi

Did you cheat too? I had Chinese yesterday for my cheat and I'm as soft as a waterlogged sponge.

I wouldn't even say it was a cheat meal. I was at the Quicken Loans National all day so I didn't eat lunch outside of two packs of Nature Valley Sawdust Bars. Dinner was maybe a little more than usual on my cut but nothing extreme. I think it was the dehydration from being outside all day plus the salty food that caused me to retain water like a motherfucker

Basically I'm looking for a powder that is free of harmful metals and ingredients and isn't loaded with artificial sweeteners. So far my search has come up empty.

Looks like you want sth like this

http://www.freynutrition.de/iso-whey-750-g-dose.html

it's just 100% whey isolate (cross flow micro and ultra filtrated) without any additional supplements, minerals, sweeteners or whatever.

I don't know if they export outside germany though.

Hey guys, I'm trying to jump back into lifting and I was doing some research on protein powders.

Now that I'm older and wiser I have become concerned about the unregulated nature of the supplements I take. I know about a year or more ago there was a common graph and accompanying link that rated a bunch of protein powders that were tested for harmful ingredients. I haven't had any luck finding it and was curious if anyone might recall what I'm talking about and/or have any other recommendations or links about protein powders?

http://amzn.com/B002TG3QPO

That's what you need. Or, other stuff from that line is pretty good too.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Flipping channels and came across the 2013 Crossfit games. This entire culture bothers me way more than it should. "Stay tuned for the crowning of the fittest man on earth!" Yuck

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Today we're going to crown the most likely to suffer debilitating spinal injury man on earth!

fNXhKmw.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All of the above, but it's also a terrible mix of endurance and resistance training at the same time. Simply not good programming.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-posting from an old thread I just bumped because it was related:

I've been reading The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. I'm still only 20% or so into it, but the book goes into great detail about how completely unfounded and untested the Lipid Hypothesis and Diet Heart Hypothesis are despite being the entire foundation of dietary advice for the United States and, by extension, the western world. It really shows how Ancel Keys used his influence to muscle his beliefs into official policy and how he worked with his other cohorts to stifle any and all arguments. The guy is a goddamn villain and is largely responsible for killing Nutrition Science in its infancy.

I figured Fit-GAF would be most interested in this kind of literature. The stuff inside had been readily available information for a long time now, but the book really consolidates it all in a very easy-to-consume form. Definitely recommend it based on what I've read so far.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A25FDUA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't know about other countries, but here I can get a gym membership, buy another gym membership for a workout buddy and hire a personal trainer.... And it would be cheaper than crossfit.

On the other hand, I know some really good looking girls who are into it and it is probably cheaper than going out clubbing. So depends on your personal circumstances.

No Love

Banned
Look, when I say I give my 110% in everything, I really mean everything. Lmao, love you guys

Shrugs and farmer's.

I will do a couple heavy sets of front and rear barbell shrugs, then switch to DBs and do dropset+superset of front,side,rear shrugs, then end with farmer's walks. I like to keep the reps high and focus more on getting a burn in my traps. Kinda like working out calves.

I do face pulls and whatnot early in my workout as if I ever do traps it's alongside shoulders, just cause.

Thanks brah. Gonna work all of that shiz into my routine. Just been doing dumbbell shrugs, so I'm sure my traps gonna go Godzilla with your advice. :D

Sadetar

I don't know about other countries, but here I can get a gym membership, buy another gym membership for a workout buddy and hire a personal trainer.... And it would be cheaper than crossfit.

On the other hand, I know some really good looking girls who are into it and it is probably cheaper than going out clubbing. So depends on your personal circumstances.
Seriously, I have hard time concentrading as it is once in a while.

I am in women only gym for a month and admittedly I don't really enjoy it that much. First of all it is very sleepy athmosphere in there and I have hard time whipping myself to give my best, when there is this relaxing music in the background and people just shaking their asses next to me in machines I don't even know what they are supposed to do.

Also it seems that most of those shaking asses are usually very good looking and I end up just staring them and drooling. I miss the gym where everyone just had the worst clothes, the best mental state and did their programm as well as they could and then be done with it.

I would break myself so badly for some many reason if I would do crossfit.

Speaking of breaking myself, I have continued doing the squats with a ridiculously light bar even if the doctor said not to. At least at the moment my back feels slightly better so I will continue doing so if it doesn't hurt. It feels silly to do it with basicly no extra weight, but at least I am trying to work with the form. I might at some point just record it and ask your opinions that what all things I am doing horribly wrong.

SeanR1221

I think this week and next week I'm going to get into walking, just so I'm doing SOMETHING.

Also, going back to strict calorie counting. I've really fallen off the wagon after this surgery.

I meet with the surgeon on Thursday. We'll see what he says then. I'm assuming after 4-6 weeks I can go back to upper body stuff. Any heavy core stuff like squats and deads I'd want to wait until I'm 100% healed to avoid a hernia.

Seriously, I have hard time concentrading as it is once in a while.

I am in women only gym for a month and admittedly I don't really enjoy it that much. First of all it is very sleepy athmosphere in there and I have hard time whipping myself to give my best, when there is this relaxing music in the background and people just shaking their asses next to me in machines I don't even know what they are supposed to do.

Also it seems that most of those shaking asses are usually very good looking and I end up just staring them and drooling. I miss the gym where everyone just had the worst clothes, the best mental state and did their programm as well as they could and then be done with it.

I would break myself so badly for some many reason if I would do crossfit.

Speaking of breaking myself, I have continued doing the squats with a ridiculously light bar even if the doctor said not to. At least at the moment my back feels slightly better so I will continue doing so if it doesn't hurt. It feels silly to do it with basicly no extra weight, but at least I am trying to work with the form. I might at some point just record it and ask your opinions that what all things I am doing horribly wrong.

Shaking yoga assess sounds like a dirty movie lol

Please record a form check squat. They absolutely help others nitpic the slight things you're missing in your barbell squat form.

Also, Crossfit is the devil. Stay away.
The Crossfitters have no real established program and do shit that just screams out "injury".

Lirlond

Other than an £8k abdominoplasty, is it possible to get rid of loose skin, it's been a little over a year since my weight loss (about 60kg) so I know its probably not gonna get better over time. The loose skin on my chest is getting better as I lift more, but I doubt the stuff over my stomach will get "filled in" as abs don't really get very big.

Sadetar

I feel your pain. There's this dancing class that goes on when I go to the gym, and it's basically 90% women.

There is this one really, really, really hot lady with the most amazing ass. She knows how to work it. I'm just like O____O /perv'ing so hard whenever she's there.

Out of curiosity, did the doctor give you a reason why you shouldn't lift? I would imagine that there must be a reason for it. If you're really injured, wouldn't it be safer to not lift until you're healed?
Ah, there is numerous of long rants about my shitty back in here. Long story short, I have had nerve pain reflecting to both of my legs since autumn 2012. Now we know what is wrong in there and I have seen orthopedic professor who said I can't do that many things. It is slightly better and I am not using any weights on the bar so I feel I can do it as long as it doesn't start to hurt again. But yes, it would be safer not to do anything, but I am generally stupid and reckless. :p

Shaking yoga assess sounds like a dirty movie lol

Please record a form check squat. They absolutely help others nitpic the slight things you're missing in your barbell squat form.

Also, Crossfit is the devil. Stay away.
The Crossfitters have no real established program and do shit that just screams out "injury".
Hahah, you want me to record the form just because you hope that those shaking sexy yoga asses would end up in the background. ;)

Seriously, some of the asses do look like they would be straight from a very dirty movie.

But yes, I will record it at some point. I need to ask someone from the gym to hold the camera or just record it at home using just some random stick (which isn't that far from the truth compared to the gym).

Other than an £8k abdominoplasty, is it possible to get rid of loose skin, it's been a little over a year since my weight loss (about 60kg) so I know its probably not gonna get better over time. The loose skin on my chest is getting better as I lift more, but I doubt the stuff over my stomach will get "filled in" as abs don't really get very big.

Beyond moisturising there's likely very little that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom