• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

theytookourjobz

If you're doing steady state cardio for a long time, the eliptical would probably be better. My ass always cramps up when I row for a long time.

But if you want interval training or to really push it, the rower wins for sure.

My best 500m is 1:27.2. Trying to break 1:25 this year.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Can't for the life of me seem to maintain the posture for Barbell Rows properly. Like that's the only thing screwing me up so far. I mean, I'm getting better at picking up the weight but the moment it gets near my chest, everything goes tits up (e.g. the back keeps rounding).

I'm only on Week 2 of doing all this though, but anybody else got any tips for that?

Can't for the life of me seem to maintain the posture for Barbell Rows properly. Like that's the only thing screwing me up so far. I mean, I'm getting better at picking up the weight but the moment it gets near my chest, everything goes tits up (e.g. the back keeps rounding).

I'm only on Week 2 of doing all this though, but anybody else got any tips for that?
Use lower weight and don't bend over so far, start with a shorter angle and pull to your stomach until you learn to pull with your elbows/back and not your arms. Squeeze your shoulder blades at the top. It's hard to do that and round your back at the same time.

Once you get comfy you can increase the angle and weight. Remember, lead the pull with your elbows, not arms. It helps to hook grip with your thumb OVER the bar to learn how to pull properly. Same with pullups, lat pulldowns, etc. This will decrease your grip and take more arm out of the equation.

Hit 1 x 10 @ 240 lbs for flat bench. Then 3 @ 250, 260, 270. Ho hum numbers but it is indeed progress.

Yeah, bro, it sucks lol. Lots of caffeine and random days where I break down mentally and eat everything in sight.

wrist curls, wrist rolls, reverse curls
Nice numbers and damn, you seriously don't get any fats or carbs in? I'd literally go bonkers. Fats make a huge impact on my energy levels and focus. I still crave food but at least my energy is up. I figure for someone your size you'd at least get 130/150 fat/carb - probably even more carb, tbh.

How much cardio are you doing?

SeanR1221

I'm thinking of hitting the gym 6 days a week

Monday rest
Tuesday squat
Wednesday Bench
Thursday front squat/snatch dead
Friday incline/CGBP
Saturday deadlift
Sunday OHP

This way I'm hitting body parts multiple times throughout the week.

Let's see what happens

Monday rest
Tuesday squat
Wednesday Bench
Friday incline/CGBP
Saturday deadlift
Sunday OHP

Let's see what happens
6 day per week club HIT IT WOOOOOO!

TheFlow

Banned

Monday rest
Tuesday squat
Wednesday Bench
Friday incline/CGBP
Saturday deadlift
Sunday OHP

Let's see what happens

6 days is the best. hit everything twice crew

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Monday rest and light arms
Tuesday squat and moderate arms
Wednesday Bench and heavy arms
Thursday front squat/snatch dead and light arms
Friday incline/CGBP and moderate arms
Saturday deadlift and heavy arms
Sunday OHP and light, moderate, and heavy arms

Let's see what happens
I like it but I did you a favor and tweaked it a bit.

My volume would stay the same but by spreading it out I'm not as fatigued by the end. I'm hoping that pays off
Good deal. Fighting fatigue fucking sucks in the gym :(

this is what I used to do when back when I started. I liked it but once I found out about push/pull workouts and the blueprint I never looked back

I like taking working rountines from this
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzenegger-blueprint-trainer-main.html
I switched to my once per week program from a push/pull split. Works better for me. I have to hit the ever living shit out of a muscle group and do it fast as I don't have much more go in me after an hour. If I cut down my time at the day job I would for sure but it's a physical job so I'm already half in the sack when I get home. So for me the "fuck your muscle group up once per week" thing gives me the best response and time partition. Then I go back to work at the second job before bed. One of these days I'll get a job that doesn't require me to get up at 2:30-3:00 am and sap the ever living shit out of me hahaha!

living in Fl = beach day everyday
Sun's out guns out!

TheFlow

Banned
Good deal. Fighting fatigue fucking sucks in the gym :(

I switched to my once per week program from a push/pull split. Works better for me. I have to hit the ever living shit out of a muscle group and do it fast as I don't have much more go in me after an hour. If I cut down my time at the day job I would for sure but it's a physical job so I'm already half in the sack when I get home. So for me the "fuck your muscle group up once per week" thing gives me the best response and time partition. Then I go back to work at the second job before bed. One of these days I'll get a job that doesn't require me to get up at 2:30-3:00 am and sap the ever living shit out of me hahaha!

Sun's out guns out!
damn son that is super early and 2 jobs? shiiiiiit.

mdsfx

Oh noes, my treadmill just got picked up in exchange for a huge wad of cash.

Finally time for an Airdyne!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Awesome, dude. I also got a kick out of the two guys rolling around on the upper right at 1:40.

The inmate eventually ended up in the guard's....guard.

My buddy actually steals a shield from them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You take out like 5 guys Lolololol

I'm literally screaming laughing in the house. My cat Wednesday just gave me that "are you fucking high" look lllolol

It was a few more than that, but yeah, I crushed their line. Lol. Their chain of command wasn't happy with them, and the kid I called out and smashed went straight to the ground in a pile.

Gonna replace the cables on my homemade machine. Realized i barely use the second cable only for the odd cross-over I barely do.

Going to look for better pulleys, as well. The ones I use are small with a brass fitting. I'd like ball bearing but the ones I've seen are a bit too big for how low my ceiling is. Would compromise distance. Sigh.

Also, still haven't rounded up enough pipe to weld my shrug bar. May just bite the bullet and get one - OR - get some farmers bars and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thoughts? I'm going to say farmers. More versatile and can still shrug with them :D

Now I just need more plates.

Edit Farmer's bars bought.

Cooter

I think I'm starting to see a direct correlation between rainy days and cheat days. Remind me never to move to the northwest.

I think I'm starting to see a direct correlation between rainy days and cheat days. Remind me never to move to the northwest.
I'll take it. I'd love to live in Seattle just due to the weather alone. One of the few things I like about Oklahoma are the crazy storms here.

I definitely prefer being outdoors when it's raining. I've been known to bike/jog during the rain occasionally!

Cooter

I'll take it. I'd love to live in Seattle just due to the weather alone. One of the few things I like about Oklahoma are the crazy storms here.

I definitely prefer being outdoors when it's raining. I've been known to bike/jog during the rain occasionally!
I love rain but only in spurts. After 3 or 4 days of overcast I start craving the sun big time.

Yea refrigerated or frozen is fine. Where i'm at they don't have chicken cutlets in bunches so I need to get them often.
Frozen can stay for a while. I have a deep freezer in the basement. Fits a few dead bodies but instead I load up on eye food at Costco. When I want to thaw I just take some out and toss it in the fridge for two days.

Refrigerated alone I would give it the smell test after even a few days.

I prefer anything red or pork, depending on how often I want to get extra sat fats and cholesterol in me. I developed a gag reflex for chicken, HOWEVER, I will cook whole chicken at least once a month. Something about roasting that fucker and knawing away flesh from its bones goes down easier for me. But I never freeze whole chicken.

Top Bottom