• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
We are super ultra best friends now.

Halloween weather all day every day. Except during race season, which is every few weeks in the summer. Then it can be nice.

No.

halloween1%20002_zps74b4d560.jpg

Mr. X

Optimum vitamins are giving me headaches even when taking 1 pill. What's the reason and any alternatives? Might go back to one a day performance.

entremet

Any weightlifters (Olympic) here?

I'm thinking of learning it, but I'll need a coach as the lifts are very technical.

I feel like a need a new challenge to keep my motivated with my training.

Nice numbers and damn, you seriously don't get any fats or carbs in? I'd literally go bonkers. Fats make a huge impact on my energy levels and focus. I still crave food but at least my energy is up. I figure for someone your size you'd at least get 130/150 fat/carb - probably even more carb, tbh.

How much cardio are you doing?

Sorry man, I thought I responded to this but I never submitted my post. I'm joking really, but I don't know the exact number of carbs/fats I consume. I shoot for total calories and protein. The rest just kinda fall in place. I prolly should change that but I think for the body I want to achieve, getting that specific with macros isn't necessary.

400# sumo dl would go up. Probably shouldn't try unless it was a max effort day. But 365# went flying up. Also trying out the inzer belt. took awhile to get used to but I'm warmkng up to it. Just need to break it in. It was awkward to use

Sorry man, I thought I responded to this but I never submitted my post. I'm joking really, but I don't know the exact number of carbs/fats I consume. I shoot for total calories and protein. The rest just kinda fall in place. I prolly should change that but I think for the body I want to achieve, getting that specific with macros isn't necessary.
I get you. I am trying a few different carb/fat profiles every 2 weeks to see if there are any significant changes. Last two were higher fat, lower carb. Next two are higher carb, lower fat. Both sticking to an exact calorie count. Within 50 calories per day if I can. I don't think I'll notice much of a difference between the two, tbh. You can only swing both so much and stick with calories so it shouldn't really make much of a dent, IMO.

theytookourjobz

Any weightlifters (Olympic) here?

I'm thinking of learning it, but I'll need a coach as the lifts are very technical.

I feel like a need a new challenge to keep my motivated with my training.

I lift. Nothing impressive numbers wise but I learned how to lift from YouTube. Started with a broomstick and my best snatch is 106kg and clean and jerk 131kg. You can do it just start without weight and watch a ton of videos.

Mully

My brother-in-law has joined me for sessions the last few weeks. He's doing Starting Strength, but doesn't know how many days he should rest in between each workout. I can't find anything credible anywhere. How many days should he rest between each session?

OHP advice?

https://instagram.com/p/BFKS3XfI6YL/

I'm tired of it being garbage tier
Looks fine, but as suggested I would toss in some more accessories and right those wrists.

You can also change how you do them for more isolation.

I always throw something else in the mix every few weeks. I'll do them seated with no back support, seated with back support and to really send your shit into overdrive, do them kneeling.

I dedicate a week to kneeling for exercises I normally do standing about every 5-6 weeks. Really changes how you engage your core and how much more control you need to have over the weight. I do this for OHP, curls, lateral raises, etc. I love variants like this, tbh. Look forward to them all the time.

Had three people ask me about my weight loss at work today. Guess it's really starting to show, or they can't keep themselves from asking about it any longer. 65 pounds down now.

Congrats! Have anyone made the assumption if you were sick? I've got a couple of those from dropping 49 pounds since October.

EDIT: What's your opinion on this guy from ATHLEAN-X?

https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24

He's got some real good strategies I've been following, but one video that didn't sit well with me were flys. He's pretty much against this, but bodybuilders claim he's wrong and flys are one of the best ways to build pectorals, just a higher risk of tearing them if your form is bad.

Congrats! Have anyone made the assumption if you were sick? I've got a couple of those from dropping 49 pounds since October.

EDIT: What's your opinion on this guy from ATHLEAN-X?

https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24

He's got some real good strategies I've been following, but one video that didn't sit well with me were flys. He's pretty much against this, but bodybuilders claim he's wrong and flys are one of the best ways to build pectorals, just a higher risk of tearing them if your form is bad.
He's big on altering techniques which is fine, to an extent.

A friend of mine runs his programs and eh. It bounces around too much, IMO. Even for me, I like to change things up from time to time like the kneeling thing I mentioned earlier, but it's hit or miss on any type of progression with his stuff.

He also says don't do X - although X is usually a bodybuilding staple. I get why, if dome with poor form you can snap your shit up but that's where proper training and good foundation comes in. Like I like to do behind the neck OHP. I know you can easily hurt yourself but I still do them from time to time because I think they work great for me. I stick with the fundamentals 85% of the time and then throw in some change-ups every now and again. Just like martial arts for me. Been training since I was 11 and still hit the basics to this day because you can't stop with any of the foundation routines, IMO. Accessorize when you need to.

Just my .02

Belts suppose to hurt? It's at the notch where if I tighten it more it will suffocate me. If I loosen it it will just move and slide.
By hurt I thought I hurt my side from working iol

Cooper

Happy mother's day to all of the special ladies in your lives fitfam. And to you, Coop!!

Thanks Bum! Very kind of you. I didn't check this thread yesterday, so I didn't notice your comment until just now!

My Mother's Day was a good one, spent my son shown here and the rest of the family.

https://goo.gl/photos/HJFCsm4F6s9WjSwo9

The photo was taken at our brunch, where I tried to do my best Cooter cheat day/MTP appetizer impression. Hope everyone else here had a good time!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The photo was taken at our brunch, where I tried to do my best Cooter cheat day/MTP appetizer impression. Hope everyone else here had a good time!

For what it's worth, your lifting videos and food recaps often do make me say words that begin with Mother.
So proud. Hope you enjoyed your day! That being said, you know your pull ups will be a little harder now, right? Pull ups after cheat days are depressing.

Located a 24 hour gym with a deadlift platform and 10 squat racks that aren't charging CrossFit prices.

Gotta make time to try it out but the staff time may be an issue lol

bchamba

Went in for my heavy deadlifts sick today. This training block ends right before I go on vacation in Atlanta so I can't push any sessions back or else I wouldn't have gone in today. Made the most of it and did 455 for a 2x2 and then a set of 3.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Went in for my heavy deadlifts sick today. This training block ends right before I go on vacation in Atlanta so I can't push any sessions back or else I wouldn't have gone in today. Made the most of it and did 455 for a 2x2 and then a set of 3.
Dude, your strength has made huge increases over the past couple of years. What are you weighing right now? I seem to remember you not being a terribly big guy.

bchamba

Dude, your strength has made huge increases over the past couple of years. What are you weighing right now? I seem to remember you not being a terribly big guy.

I'm 6' and weigh between 210-215. Hold most of it around my gut so everywhere else looks kinda lean.

Szu

Thanks Bum! Very kind of you. I didn't check this thread yesterday, so I didn't notice your comment until just now!

My Mother's Day was a good one, spent my son shown here and the rest of the family.

https://goo.gl/photos/HJFCsm4F6s9WjSwo9

That's a handsome little man that you got there.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Urgh did 315x20 beltless highbar. Haven't done 20 rep squats in over a year so my lungs were just burning. Did some DB shoulder press after and GTFO lol

Another four days of mountain biking done... made good progress but back to the grind now.

Need to really focus on my weights because I already know that I've lost a lot of strength.

Top Bottom