• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

You realize that if juice were legal you'd view it as no different from protein powder or creatine, right?
How silly of me.

You're right. Nerf guns and real guns are EXACTLY the same! Both are legal!

Health risks and side effects that could be properly managed and sidestepped if they were legal and could be properly prescribed by a doctor.

And it is someone's own body and their own choice.
A) You don't fuck with hormones. If you want to know more about how that can absolutely wreck you in the long run, even under proper supervision - I suggest you talk to a doc

B) it's like you just stick your head in the sand when Faith posted previous videos of himself at competitions.

So unless it's a comp SPECIFICALLY for people on gear or he disclosed his use to everyone there including the officials (lol), it's not just his business anymore, is it?

C) Just ignore the point I kept driving home about perception of what is vs what is possible and how that can have a negative effect on newcomers or the fast that the guy continuously lied about it.

Shoving your head in the sand doesn't make it go away and doesn't make you right, mate.

After this, I'm out for good. Seriously. I'm not the guy lying repeatedly and misleading people. I keep driving home the point about perception and it keeps going unread. I am very rough around the edges, sure, but I'm not fucking wrong. I just don't sugar coat anything to protect people's delicate feelings.

Come at me about how I'm speaking, fine. Don't come at me about what I'm saying because I'm fucking right. It should be disclosed to make sure people understand that's not real world results.

And if I offend you because I publicly state I don't like people who use - so fucking what? Cry if it makes any of you feel better.

Pachimari

So this was what I went through today, in this order. I could do with some feedback:

[kilo / kilo / kilo - sets]

Biking (warm up): 20 minutes - lost 161 calories - 7.9km
Pulley: 20kg - 3x20 sets
Leg Press: 20 / 20 / 40 - 3x20
Shoulder Press: 15 / 15 / 6 - 3x15
Chest Press: 5kg - 3x15
Pulldown: 20 / 20 / 15 - 3x15
Standing lateral raise: 6 / 5 / 5 - 3x10
Chest (don't remember what this were): 5kg - 3x10
Leg Curl: 30kg (too much) - 3x15
Lower Back: 30kg - 3x15
Rotary Calf: 20 / 20 / 10 - 3x15
Chest Incline: 20 / 20 / 10 - 3x15
CrossFit (ending): lost 31 calories - 0.21km

I want to strenghten my whole body and lose belly fat. Primarily want bigger arms, chest and legs.

Faith

I guess every Mr. O or IFBB bodybuilder should let the judges know what he's consuming?

You know I live in Europe. This is not the US. You don't have to convince others that you are not guilty, they have to proof that you are guilty.

BumRush

It's a part of my push day. I do bench pressing and shoulder presses on the same day.

If you're benching first every time then absolutely it will have an impact. Maybe consider switching the order or taking longer rests so you have something left in the tank when you OHP.

I also meant to ask, are shoulders one of those muscle groups that will have off days or something? One day I'll find myself doing my OHP pretty well and the next time the bar feels twice as heavy.

I find that ohp is my lift that most relies on form. I usually end up having to think everything over and really concentrate on form about halfway through my first set each week. And then once I do that I go from semi struggling with the weight to it flying up.

mdsfx

I find that ohp is my lift that most relies on form. I usually end up having to think everything over and really concentrate on form about halfway through my first set each week.
My hand placement is kind of critical. Too wide or too narrow are both problematic.

BumRush

So this was what I went through today, in this order. I could do with some feedback:

[kilo / kilo / kilo - sets]

Biking (warm up): 20 minutes - lost 161 calories - 7.9km
Pulley: 20kg - 3x20 sets
Leg Press: 20 / 20 / 40 - 3x20
Shoulder Press: 15 / 15 / 6 - 3x15
Chest Press: 5kg - 3x15
Pulldown: 20 / 20 / 15 - 3x15
Standing lateral raise: 6 / 5 / 5 - 3x10
Chest (don't remember what this were): 5kg - 3x10
Leg Curl: 30kg (too much) - 3x15
Lower Back: 30kg - 3x15
Rotary Calf: 20 / 20 / 10 - 3x15
Chest Incline: 20 / 20 / 10 - 3x15
CrossFit (ending): lost 31 calories - 0.21km

I want to strenghten my whole body and lose belly fat. Primarily want bigger arms, chest and legs.

First off, really excited for you that you were able to conquer some of your fears of being in public. Awesome stuff and a huge step.

In regards to your workout, there's too much volume. You don't need to do THAT much each time. Try one of the programs in the OP like SS or 531, as they will give you structure and progression and all of that good stuff.

Again, congrats! I have friends that deal with S.A.D. and they have a hard time doing anything social.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hey I'm always lurking! I read this thread every day. I just don't have much to post about. Life's been crazy, but things are settling now that I've got a new job and I'm done with school finally. I've been pretty lax about the gym this year. Hopefully I'll have some epic progress to post soon.

It's nice to see everyone's still around though. :)

And yeah, people get some amazing things done on steroids. It's no wonder so many people jump on it. It's pretty crazy.
I haven't been posting as much either but I'm also around. Been putting in a lot of hours at work and although I'm still averaging 5-6 times a week at the gym it's definitely not something I'm putting much thought into at the moment.

Good to know the King is still silently ruling FitGaf. ;)

BumRush

Things starting to heat up in the muscle gut thread. A couple folks calling our boy Bruce out for using, just because he lifts heavier than they assume he should...

I guess every Mr. O or IFBB bodybuilder should let the judges know what he's consuming?

You know I live in Europe. This is not the US. You don't have to convince others that you are not guilty, they have to proof that you are guilty.

A forum isn't a courtroom dude.

This is like OJ Simpson. There might not be enough evidence to convict you legally, but literally everyone knows you did it.

wbsmcs

Started working out about 3-4 weeks ago. Started not even being able to complete 3 sets of 20lb overhead press or dumbbell bench press of 20lb each. Now I could overhead press 30-35lbs and dumbbell bench press 40. Feels good..those first few days were filled with anxiety, but I am really glad I got over it. I actually look forward to going to work out now.

Faith

A forum isn't a courtroom dude.

This is like OJ Simpson. There might not be enough evidence to convict you legally, but literally everyone knows you did it.
Like I said, I don't really care about peoples opinion on the other side of the world. But it confirms that I did everything right till now. I will just keep doing the same thing that brought me where I am now.

Super, now hopefully the thread can move on.

Just maybe, as you're not particularly worried about people knowing... be sure to indicate that you had assistance next time you post about your progress. I'm also in the "don't care if you're using, but don't misrepresent what's possible" camp.

Ixian

Anyone still using the bodymedia tracker?

I uploaded the program for Windows (SenseWear 8.1) and the APK file (Bodybugg) for Android here: https://www.mediafire.com/?w4vdc8ut5uqhh7u

I wore it for 4 weeks. Gave me an avarage kcal consumption of 3900kcal/day.
I used to use one of these things back in 2012 or so, looking at my old spreadsheet data for the time it reported me burning 3000+ calories/day which seems crazy. I'm not an "eat back my calories" kind of guy so I mostly used the data for comparison between days.

Boogie

Like I said, I don't really care about peoples opinion on the other side of the world. But it confirms that I did everything right till now. I will just keep doing the same thing that brought me where I am now.

You don't care about people's opinions on here, which is.....why you lied/tried to hide the truth about your "assistance" when called out on it?

Yup, that makes sense. Lol

KmA

Started working out about 3-4 weeks ago. Started not even being able to complete 3 sets of 20lb overhead press or dumbbell bench press of 20lb each. Now I could overhead press 30-35lbs and dumbbell bench press 40. Feels good..those first few days were filled with anxiety, but I am really glad I got over it. I actually look forward to going to work out now.

Yaaaaaaaaas!!! I honestly love seeing people progress it makes me giddy for some reason. Like yes lift those weights! Get stronger!

Faith

You don't care about people's opinions on here, which is.....why you lied/tried to hide the truth about your "assistance" when called out on it?

Yup, that makes sense. Lol
I'm still waiting for proof that I'm on gear. You are misled by the good angle I chose for the pics. Look at my videos (I posted plenty of them). I look pretty normal for someone that's lifting for 1-2 years.

Pachimari

First off, really excited for you that you were able to conquer some of your fears of being in public. Awesome stuff and a huge step.

In regards to your workout, there's too much volume. You don't need to do THAT much each time. Try one of the programs in the OP like SS or 531, as they will give you structure and progression and all of that good stuff.

Again, congrats! I have friends that deal with S.A.D. and they have a hard time doing anything social.
Thanks a lot. I really hope I can get a bigger body but don't know if my DNA is up to it reading the last few pages.

I'm gonna read about the SS and 531 today.

BumRush

Thanks a lot. I really hope I can get a bigger body but don't know if my DNA is up to it reading the last few pages.

I'm gonna read about the SS and 531 today.

It takes a long time, but a lot of us in here have some impressive transitions. I expect to see your before and after soon! If you have any questions, ASK!

I'm still waiting for proof that I'm on gear. You are misled by the good angle I chose for the pics. Look at my videos (I posted plenty of them). I look pretty normal for someone that's lifting for 1-2 years.

Faith, you're progress is not "normal" for someone lifting for a year. Call it assistance or not, whatever, but don't try to act like that's the norm. That's where it gives 99% of folks a false impression of where they should be at, and will discourage if they aren't.

GrizzNKev

Banned
It takes a long time, but a lot of us in here have some impressive transitions. I expect to see your before and after soon! If you have any questions, ASK!

Faith, you're progress is not "normal" for someone lifting for a year. Call it assistance or not, whatever, but don't try to act like that's the norm. That's where it gives 99% of folks a false impression of where they should be at, and will discourage if they aren't.

Yeah...

I felt pretty terrible after seeing Faith's pics. We've been lifting for about the same amount of time and I'm nowhere near what he has accomplished. Sure, I look better than I used to and I'm happy with what I've done, and I have different goals too. But I was absolutely misled and felt discouraged when seeing what I thought I could have been. It's not okay.

here's a before and after, I would rather wait till I get super lean (ha!) but whatever!

2009 untrained -> 2009 8-10 months training (desperate for abs) -> June 2016
lCpuKI6.jpg
cyRwpeF.jpg
9B44Lhe.jpg

Faith

The norm is that you don't achieve shit in years of lifting. I know many that are lifting for years where you ask yourself "do they even lift?". Why should I ever compare myself (or my progress) to others? They might have much better genetics, much more time, much better regeneration or much more knowledge than me. Should I feel discouraged that I didn't pull a 250kg deadlift on my 1st day in the gym like Eddie Hall? No, why should I. Should I feel discouraged after playing tennis for 3 years (many times a week) and still get beaten by friends that play it 2 times a year? I don't think so.

What I've learned in sports in general is that the only thing that matters is your own personal progress. To be better than last week/month/year/decade. You should motivate yourself by looking at an older version of you and not by looking at others. They have completely different circumstances than you.

Dude, you admitted to it already.
Please quote me where I admitted that I'm juicing, lol.

Boogie

You've made an awful lot of posts deflecting on this subject without ever once making a declaration that you don't and haven't used.

That's not the behaviour of a truthful person with nothing to hide.

In my humble professional opinion, of course. ;P

Faith

You've made an awful lot of posts deflecting on this subject without ever once making a declaration that you don't and haven't used.

That's not the behaviour of a truthful person with nothing to hide.

In my humble professional opinion, of course. ;P
Read my new post.

I did that on purpose because of the first reaction of Jack. He behaved like a prick so I felt the need to provoke him even more. He didn't deserve a real discussion in the first place.

Pachimari

Shit, probably not.

Also, ON whey + milk destroys my stomach but whey + water does not. There goes the extra cals from whole milk :'(
Isn't it better to drink whey with water, as it gets to your body (I don't remember what) much quicker than if you were drinking it with milk? I read it on a website who sells whey and creatine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BumRush

Dear fucking god this is tedious.

Agreed. I'd ignore it if we didn't already have folks complaining that they felt deflated that they weren't making similar progress, especially after he called it normal progress. This thread has helped so many (myself included) and the last couple pages have been 2 steps backwards for sure.

Isn't it better to drink whey with water, as it gets to your body (I don't remember what) much quicker than if you were drinking it with milk? I read it on a website who sells whey and creatine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've actually never heard this, and don't really understand why it would be true. Only difference I can think of is that with Milk, you're getting extra calories, fat, carbs, etc. but I don't see why water would necessarily be a better delivery mechanism. Psycho probably knows more.

Pachimari

I've actually never heard this, and don't really understand why it would be true. Only difference I can think of is that with Milk, you're getting extra calories, fat, carbs, etc. but I don't see why water would necessarily be a better delivery mechanism. Psycho probably knows more.
I'm gonna try look up where I found it.

Can't do it. Whey + water is gross.
Just but a water bottle and shake it thoroughly?
I love it cause mine tastes like a strawberry milkshake but with water.

bchamba

I take two scoops with water. Not delicious but tolerable, just kinda chug it down and then rinse my mouth to get the taste out.

Pachimari

The Starting Strength (SS) link in the OP doesn't work. And I can't for the life of me find anything with 531. :(

Vorg

Banned
I know lots of guys on steroids and hgh (most compete, and some are actually professional weightlifters). Those guys get the benefits but also have to deal with side effects they don't usually like to talk about. This one guy told me he couldn't hold his pee for a few days after his latest cycle for example. Another one now has a deformed chest. All of them seem to have some form of serious back acne. That shit is dangerous as it messes up your hormone levels badly and they may never return to normal if you fuck up or if something goes wrong.

That said, the witch hunt is getting seriously out of hand. Who cares if Faith is on gear, tbh. Just get some information before using that stuff and know what you're getting into? Maybe add something to the op on the subject?

Szu

When I used to consistently drink shakes. I only did it with water. Since I drank it at the gym, I don't have access to milk.

Now, if I trained on a farm, then I can milk a cow while I'm getting ready for my fight with Drago.

Pachimari

I'm gonna watch that!

Also, I read this in the SS FULL BODY section:

Squat - 3 sets of 5
Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5
Pull-Ups - 3 sets of 8-15

And I can't even do two-three pull-ups. And when it says X sets of X, I just choose how much weight I'm gonna lift myself, but if it'll only be 5 times each set, shouldn't it be a lot of weight I lift?

Top Bottom