• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Marz

I wanted to sign up for Retro Fitness since there is one right next to me and they have some free weights but they have a $100 activation fee? Wtf.

BumRush

I wanted to sign up for Retro Fitness since there is one right next to me and they have some free weights but they have a $100 activation fee? Wtf.

Tell them you can't afford it and will have to go to X gym instead. Be prepared to walk out. Often, they'll wave it, maybe commit to a year or two or something of that nature.

SeanR1221

Your taste in swimwear also upgraded!

Nice transformation Sean.

Dammit, Sean, tie a note on those shorts. That's a potential hazard waiting to happen. Nobody, except your wife, is ready for that kind of exposure.

And that's pretty much the only negative thing I can say about your pics.

Awesome work, man.

Looking great Sean!

Awesome job and looking good!

You've done a hell of a good job. Well done bud.

You have one of the most motivational transformation stories here Sean. Looking great man.

Great work, Sean!

Thanks guys! I feel like Im in a good spot for right now. Mini bulk in the fall, maintain in the winter and then cut weight again in the spring summer is the current plan. Since I'll have more time on my hands, I want to buy an actual diet plan from RP and see where it takes me.

Aight motherfuckers, I am pretty annoyed with my progress so far and I just need to be held accountable. I am prolly going to be in Cali on Sept 1. About 6 weeks from now. Cut officially starts on Wednesday but I'm throwing this pic up now.

Currently around 235. Trying for 220 lbs.

no more games.

Look at this guy! Nice job man!

Have been bad...

...skipped yesterday because of a massive hangover. Skipping today because it's just too freaking hot and I can't be arsed. Diet still under control though.

Sadetar

Of course the attention is always nice, but in the end, I'm trying to do this for me. Dropping the fat makes me feel a bit better, face leans out, blah blah blah

look good, feel good

feel good, play good

ty all for the kind words, let's go on this journey together!

right after I eat this burrito
I feel you there. I remember feeling a bit better about myself when I was slightly smaller so I guess I will get myself back to that weight.

I will be waiting to see some updates from you. :D

DID ANYONE KNOW THIS!?
NO!

Holy hell, I have always imagined Psycho is American. Dammit, if I will drag my ass to UK next year he better come and say hi. :p I have actually already once accidentally ended up in Wales for a day.

Bleh, I'm at the "you're too skinny" stage again. Fucking hate how my face loses all the fat first.

That said, I was at a party where pretty much everyone felt up my thighs... so that was entertaining. Got a number of "holy shit"s. :D
I still haven't seen any full body shots of you (not that I know of at least). I am sure you have epic legs.

And Wales... seriously. Now I understand why you bike around a lot. At least the places I ended up where absolutely beautiful.

mdsfx

What are people's opinion here regarding too much protein in one meal? Is it a myth that your body can't digest tons of protein at once?
The only time that's an issue, as far as I know, is if the protein is in liquid form, which moves through your body fairly quickly, unlike solid foods which will stay in your system much longer, giving your body more time to make use of (digest) the protein.

The only time that's an issue, as far as I know, is if the protein is in liquid form, which moves through your body fairly quickly, unlike solid foods which will stay in your system much longer, giving your body more time to make use of (digest) the protein.

That makes sense, thanks for the answer.

My legs are junk. My hamstrings are junk. My hips... oh my hips... my hips are total and complete junk. Horrible workout today.

Kids, never go 38 years without using your legs.

KillerBEA

That was fun. Hit the hole in Squat accidentally bounced out and lost my balanace. Didn't fall over but I fell forward and almost crashed into the power rack.

I impulse bought some cheap hand strengthener squeeze things, got them back home and it turns out they're too weak. I can't return them but still want to use them, should I be squeezing and holding? Even though they're easy to squeeze I do start to feel it after holding for like 10 seconds or longer

BumRush

I impulse bought some cheap hand strengthener squeeze things, got them back home and it turns out they're too weak. I can't return them but still want to use them, should I be squeezing and holding? Even though they're easy to squeeze I do start to feel it after holding for like 10 seconds or longer

I just squeeze mine repeatedly without stopping for a while. Eventually, even though the first 20 squeezes were easy, it burns and actually hurts. Try that!

My left groin is paining for 2,5+ months, shit. I have to admit, I haven't given it enough rest and skipped only few leg days. I realized leg press hurt the most which is why I omit it entirely. Guess I'll have to skip squats and leg press until the pain is gone?

I just squeeze mine repeatedly without stopping for a while. Eventually, even though the first 20 squeezes were easy, it burns and actually hurts. Try that!

good tip, I'll do it this way. It'll be easier to keep each arm even when I'm doing reps rather than duration. I did a set of 30 just now, you're right I started to feel it just before the 20 mark. thanks!

I also impulse bought a jump rope. took it down to my basement where my exercise room is and the ceiling is too low. I'll have to do it outside in the heat, booo

My left groin is paining for 2,5+ months, shit. I have to admit, I haven't given it enough rest and skipped only few leg days. I realized leg press hurt the most which is why I omit it entirely. Guess I'll have to skip squats and leg press until the pain is gone?

Is it a hernia? Better get that checked than wait until the pain is gone because it may never be gone. If not a hernia, I find squats with proper form actually rehabilitating. I had sharp pains in the groin sometimes when I trained legs, but ever since I do standard squats it's gone. Just lift a weight you can manage and progress slowly, making sure the knees point out and not in.

Is it a hernia? Better get that checked than wait until the pain is gone because it may never be gone. If not a hernia, I find squats with proper form actually rehabilitating. I had sharp pains in the groin sometimes when I trained legs, but ever since I do standard squats it's gone. Just lift a weight you can manage and progress slowly, making sure the knees point out and not in.

Not sure if it is. I'm considering getting an appointment next week. The pain is not strong but it's there. I don't feel it during any exercise other than leg press I think. Last time I did leg press it felt like my groin was about to pop which was really hurtful. Needless to say, I called it a day. I do feel it sometimes during the day.

Thanks for your help.

mdsfx

Someone with good intentions made me think I'm smaller than I was this time last year. I certainly spend less time lifting than I used to (25 min per day versus 45+), but it made my stomach drop a bit. So today I lifted for 45 minutes to see if i could get that pump back. I'm fairly satisfied/relieved. Still working on shoulders and upper chest, but I can certainly blow my arms up if i hit them hard.

bchamba

Not sure if it is. I'm considering getting an appointment next week. The pain is not strong but it's there. I don't feel it during any exercise other than leg press I think. Last time I did leg press it felt like my groin was about to pop which was really hurtful. Needless to say, I called it a day. I do feel it sometimes during the day.

Thanks for your help.

I used to have groin pain when low bar squatting. It went away after I started breaking at the knees instead of the hips at the top of the lift.

Someone with good intentions made me think I'm smaller than I was this time last year. I certainly spend less time lifting than I used to (25 min per day versus 45+), but it made my stomach drop a bit. So today I lifted for 45 minutes to see if i could get that pump back. I'm fairly satisfied/relieved. Still working on shoulders and upper chest, but I can certainly blow my arms up if i hit them hard.

#ladbod

BumRush

You look awesome dude... Please don't listen to what others say!

mkenyon

Banned
Crossfit Games are live right now, today is the first day for individual competition.

http://games.crossfit.com/

For people who dislike Crossfit, it's worth noting that the professionals typically don't do Crossfit to train for the games, most adopt an Oly/Powerlift routine with specific cardio/HIIT work. It's fun to watch this kind of competition around barbell and various work.

I mostly watch for Katrin and Sara, and my man crush Matt Fraser

Szu

So, they're saying that you looked better before.

Well, you know our response to that.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm intrigued.
oatmeal_choc_chip_1_.png

Top Bottom