• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flatout is pure sex for my expensive pc hardware! 56K = kaput

shuri

Banned
shot_9.jpg

shot_2.jpg

60fps+ on my amd64 3500+ , x800 pro 256mb

lol, you should see it running on my 1Ghz/256MB/Geforce2Go laptop. :\

well to be honest it runs *suprisingly* well with lowest possible details and in 640x480 resolution. =) But I'm going to pick up the Xbox version later today. :)

Chony

Just ordered my new comp. Athlon 64 3500+, X800 pro, 1 GB corsair xms dual channel. Cant wait to try this out.

Vlad

ArcadeStickMonk said:
uh, I think everybody's getting 60 on this one.

props to the programmers.

Nope, not everybody. As I mentioned in the "Burnout3 Killer" topic, it runs like complete ass on my machine, even with everything turned down. If I had to guess, it'd be around 1-2fps...

Arcticfox

Vlad said:
Nope, not everybody. As I mentioned in the "Burnout3 Killer" topic, it runs like complete ass on my machine, even with everything turned down. If I had to guess, it'd be around 1-2fps...
I have a 1Ghz PIII, Radeon 9500 Pro, 384MB 133MHz SDRAM, and the demo is perfectly playable. If a nearly 4 year old computer with only one upgrade (the Radeon for $100 a year ago) can play it fine, I think the developers have done a great job.

is it using havok?

because looks like everything has phyics (signs splinter realistically, cones, tires, your drivers ragdoll you name it) but I dont see the logo anywhere.

whats your best high jump score?

mines 262.8

(u need to hit nitro and when the meter is green it ejects your guy from the car)

the driver himself is whats high jumping just use the car to slingshot him

it runs butter smooth on my pc I havent seen it go below 75 fps (at max details -minus AA @1024 768)

fraps limits my video cap to 30 so thats why the framerate reads out like that in this video I captured.

High Jump Video

Sjoerd

pestul said:
If he had aniso on, it would look MUCH better.

Agreed :)

I think anisotropic filtering is one of the most underrated settings for the new graphic cards. Personally I think it's an even invention than anti aliasing.

Kon Tiki

Banned
High Jump is great. I love the addition of a safety net. :D I managed to hit the poll and slide down it knocking every sign down on top of 'me'.

I use aniso, but rarely AA. Unless a game is really weak graphically, I keep AA off so it doesn't blur the sharp textures. But aniso has benefits without tradeoffs.

Top Bottom