• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Bo-Locks

BBC said:
Manchester United reduces debt to £359.7m

Manchester United has reduced its gross debt in its financial first quarter after the Glazer family used the proceeds of the club's flotation to pay off £62.6m of bonds.

Gross debt fell to £359.7m in the three months to 30 September 2012, down 17% on a year earlier.

Total revenue rose 3.4% to £76.3m, the Old Trafford club said.

But broadcasting revenue fell 37.4% to £13.7m, mainly because of issues involving match scheduling.

United played one Champions League game in the quarter, whereas it played two in the same period last season, and it had two fewer Premier League games broadcast live in this year's quarter.

These differences accounted for a drop of £5.6m, though the club said it would make up some of the Champions League revenue in the next quarter.

It also earned £2.6m less from the Champions League group stages as a result of finishing second in the Premier League in 2011-12, compared with finishing first in 2010-11.

'Record quarter'
The club, currently leading the English Premier League, floated on the New York Stock Exchange in August.

It said it took a £3.1m charge related to professional adviser fees in connection with its stock market listing.

It also said it made a £4.8m profit from player sales in the quarter, mainly from the moves of Dimitar Berbatov to Fulham and Ji-Sung Park to QPR.

Overall, it made a net profit of £20.5m, largely boosted by a tax credit, compared with a loss of £5m a year earlier.

"Manchester United had a record first quarter driven by our commercial operation, which continues to experience extremely strong global revenue growth in new media and mobile, retail merchandising and sponsorship," said Ed Woodward, executive vice-chairman.

Revenue from its commercial operations increased 24.3% to £43m, driven by 10 new sponsorship deals entered into during the quarter, including those with General Motors and sports betting company Bwin.

Matchday revenues rose 13.3% to £19.6m, principally from one-off fees earned from staging nine Olympic Games football matches at Old Trafford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20327870

- Debt reduced 17% year on year to £359.7m ($570M).

- £62.6m ($100 million) of debt was paid off from high interest bonds with money from the flotation in NY. It could and should have been a lot more.

- £20.5 ($33 million) profit compared with a loss of 5 million pounds ($8 million) last year. Mainly due to a large tax credit.

- £350m ($555 million) revenue in the financial year which is a 24 percent rise, thanks to 10 major sponsorship deals, including the seven year £357m ($559 million) Chevrolet deal from 2014-15.

- £4.8m profit from player sales in the quarter, mainly from the moves of Dimitar Berbatov to Fulham and Ji-Sung Park to QPR.

- Broadcast revenue fell due to scheduling and dropping out of the CL early on. That is expected to be made up.

I'm sure Viva will be able to make more out of this than I can, but the revenue and growth figures from commercial sponsorship deals are massive and the debt is steadily coming down (but not as much as it should, and it shouldn't even be there in the first place).

Zabojnik

Man, I've forgotten how amazing
ly bad
the first Evil Dead is. The amateurish camera work, the overacting, the gore, the cheapness of it all. Just fantastic.

Clegg

The most important thing about United reducing it's debt is that interest payments will fall to £20m per year.

Makes the running of the club much easier.

Ugh, how many friendlies in a row is it that it goes:

score goal early>stop giving a shit

Americans have been lol worthy in their own half though. So much CONCASLOP.

Russia is leading? Time for some CCCP propaganda for you dirty capitalist scum

Славься, Отечество наше свободное,
Дружбы народов надёжный оплот!
Партия Ленина—сила народная
Нас к торжеству коммунизма ведёт!
soviet-propaganda.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, I've forgotten how amazing
ly bad
the first Evil Dead is. The amateurish camera work, the overacting, the gore, the cheapness of it all. Just fantastic.
The tree ruined my childhood. I'm sure it was the inspiration for countless hentai in Japan.

kharma45

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20327870

- Debt reduced 17% year on year to £359.7m ($570M).

- £62.6m ($100 million) of debt was paid off from high interest bonds with money from the flotation in NY. It could and should have been a lot more.

- £20.5 ($33 million) profit compared with a loss of 5 million pounds ($8 million) last year. Mainly due to a large tax credit.

- £350m ($555 million) revenue in the financial year which is a 24 percent rise, thanks to 10 major sponsorship deals, including the seven year £357m ($559 million) Chevrolet deal from 2014-15.

- £4.8m profit from player sales in the quarter, mainly from the moves of Dimitar Berbatov to Fulham and Ji-Sung Park to QPR.

- Broadcast revenue fell due to scheduling and dropping out of the CL early on. That is expected to be made up.

I'm sure Viva will be able to make more out of this than I can, but the revenue and growth figures from commercial sponsorship deals are massive and the debt is steadily coming down (but not as much as it should, and it shouldn't even be there in the first place).

Good news, pity the Glazers took half the money from the flotation.

3Sixty

The 30 Scottish Football League clubs have unanimously voted to propose a new three-tier league structure of 16, 10 and 16 teams for season 2014-15.

Its top-flight would be called the Premier Division, the second the Championship and the third would be called the First Division.

The plan involves a merger between the SFL and the Scottish Premier League.

pulga

Banned
MLP and Jersey Shore talk? For shame FootyGaf

cmonson.jpg

Voted for Falcao's goal. Sublime overhead kick. Doesn't get any better than that.

GTA V looks FANTASTIC. Can't wait.

pulga

Banned
I like heist and crime movies, therefore I enjoy GTA's themes.

See? Not that hard to wrap your head around it!

but RDR >>> GTAIV all day any day

Top Bottom