• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Good luck. :( I need to go to the Dentist soon myself. Gives me the shits just thinking about it. lol

Was so annoying how the dentist told me.

She was like

'Your teeth are fine, no problems, perhaps brush the gums a little more thoroughly at the sides. Oh, by the way, your bottom left wisdom tooth is leaning into the tooth next to it, preventing you from brushing it properly, causing minor decay and making it essential that you get the wisdom tooth taken out before it fuks both of the teeth up. See ya.'

I have no problems in general with dentists, but tooth-pulling gives me the shits. Especially since I'll be talking with all the eloquence of Andres while I wait for the anesthetic to wear off, in pain like The Singing Detective while my mouth reminds me that its just had a tooth yanked out of it, and eating like a 90 year old while my mouth is sore

GorillaJu

Hah.

We have zero consistency due to the constant changing of the first 11 and Pardew's inability to see some clear as fuck problems with the lineups. Injuries and suspensions. Without any of those, we probably would have been more effective and wouldn't have lost to those disgusting hammer chud muffins. That result still makes me puke every time I think about it.

But whatever, this season will be a good lesson for the Newcastle crewdem. You ain't gonna repeat last season's exploits by still playing it safe and not investing. Not when other teams have clued on. Gotta constantly evolve.

Chud muffin. I like that one.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Good, Argentina lost. That was pretty entertaining actually. Argentina keeper should've been playing up front he seemed to be their most skilled player.

Carbonox

Was so annoying how the dentist told me.

She was like

'Your teeth are fine, no problems, perhaps brush the gums a little more thoroughly at the sides. Oh, by the way, your bottom left wisdom tooth is leaning into the tooth next to it, preventing you from brushing it properly, causing minor decay and making it essential that you get the wisdom tooth taken out before it fuks both of the teeth up. See ya.'

I have no problems in general with dentists, but tooth-pulling gives me the shits. Especially since I'll be talking with all the eloquence of Andres while I wait for the anesthetic to wear off, in pain like The Singing Detective while my mouth reminds me that its just had a tooth yanked out of it, and eating like a 90 year old while my mouth is sore

I had my lower left wisdom tooth out back in January. While you don't feel any pain, you sure as shit feel your head being pulled and pushed in every direction as they try and cut the fucker out. Plus the sounds. Way worse than a regular tooth. Afterwards you just feel aches in the area and might have blood in your mouth but that's about it. You'll wanna hope that they stitch the hole as well, otherwise good luck with trying to avoid dry socket.

Luckily, I healed stupidly quickly and within a couple of days could eat, drink, etc. as normal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wait a minute..

Terry is going to miss the game in Turin?

Luis-Suarez-Merseyside-derby-shout_2852455.jpg

3Sixty

Not a fan of the thread title change.

With that in mind. Bets for tonight!

Czech Republic @ 10/11
Bosnia-Herzegovina @ 6/4
Slovenia @ 7/5
Malta @ 8/5
Ghana @ 8/13
Scotland @ 4/7
Ivory Coast @ 6/4
7 Folds, 1 bet * £5.00

Iraq @ 1/1
Leyton Orient @ 1/2
Lecce @ 4/6
Congo DR @ 11/10
Egypt @ 2/1
5 Folds, 1 bet * £5.00

Arnie

5 a side football season kicks off for me in an hour and a half, then I've got England and the new GTA trailer tonight. Decent.

Wilbur

Banned
5 a side football season kicks off for me in an hour and a half, then I've got England and the new GTA trailer tonight. Decent.

There's no five a side league at uni. I'm so sad. Maybe I'd start one but I hate humans and I'd be forced to talk to them.

I'm missing the game tonight, going out to shubz shubz shubz. I trust when I drunkenly check the score tonight we will have won by a margin of 4 goals.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
“The derby is a different proposition,” Villas-Boas said.

“Most of the fans and the players, even during last week are buzzing for the Arsenal fixture.

“It’s a totally different game so it’s a positive for us because it means so much for north London, Tottenham and Arsenal, that the players are able to get their minds right for the game.”

Spurs have been missing the likes of Mousa Dembele and Scott Parker in recent weeks and it appears that neither player will be returning for the game at the Emirates.

“I don’t think we’ll see any difference for the Arsenal game,” he revealed.

HU5Nc.gif

Giaccherini's agent has had to defend his inclusion in the squad for the Italy friendly. I think that's ridiculous. He's not the most talented player in the world, but he's versatile, hardworking, and full of running. Basically, if you need a player to press the opposition forwards, happy to run into space to receive a ball, or run into space as a pass outlet, then he's fine. He's not great defensively and his height is an issue in challenging for the ball, but he's a perfectly decent player. In an ideal world, we'd have a better LB/LWB/CM, both at Juventus and at the national level, but you need these type of players too.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see Pepe integrated slowly into the squad again. He reminds me of Storari: happy to play a background role so long as he feels appreciated and gets his chances now and again. But now that he's back from injury, I'd like to see him rotated in from time to time. The 3-5-2 doesn't favour him since Isla and Caceres have proven more than capable of backing up Lichtsteiner. But I hope we can find some space for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giaccherini's agent has had to defend his inclusion in the squad for the Italy friendly. I think that's ridiculous. He's not the most talented player in the world, but he's versatile, hardworking, and full of running. Basically, if you need a player to press the opposition forwards, happy to run into space to receive a ball, or run into space as a pass outlet, then he's fine. He's not great defensively and his height is an issue in challenging for the ball, but he's a perfectly decent player. In an ideal world, we'd have a better LB/LWB/CM, both at Juventus and at the national level, but you need these type of players too.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see Pepe integrated slowly into the squad again. He reminds me of Storari: happy to play a background role so long as he feels appreciated and gets his chances now and again. But now that he's back from injury, I'd like to see him rotated in from time to time. The 3-5-2 doesn't favour him since Isla and Caceres have proven more than capable of backing up Lichtsteiner. But I hope we can find some space for him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pepe debut against LAZIO! He has three goals in three against them!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I don't get why everyone is moaning about Giaccherini either, I'd rather have him than stack up on strikers, DMs or etc.

-

Oh god THIS again.

Paolo Cannavaro says he’s not bothered about continually being ignored by Italy boss Cesare Prandelli.

“There is no sense of regret that I keep being excluded,” the centre-back told Radio Marte.

“To be honest, I don’t even watch the Italian national side anymore. I haven’t since my brother Fabio stopped playing for them.”

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Cause you're garbage?

<3

Lol no I just hate getting spawn killed, campers, getting killed when I'm shot in the legs, snipers, etc.

At least in halo good aim is rewarded more.

It's still fun and intense tho

---Japan should use one of their female goalkeepers

Wes

venison crêpe
In honour of the tread title I did a bet on tonight's games. I don't normally for internationals as I find they're more of a lottery than club games. Particularly friendlies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did Japan seriously just qualify for the World Cup already? Crazy.

I read somewhere that they had a 100 year plan to become a major force in world football. Both their mens and womens teams are doing well, as are the younger teams. They mean business.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I read somewhere that they had a 100 year plan to become a major force in world football. Both their mens and womens teams are doing well, as are the younger teams. They mean business.
Just checked on the table, it sounds more like their opposition has been complete shite. Australia in particular has been dropping points everywhere.

Oh, and they aren't actually qualified yet, they just clinched one of the play-off positions. They should be fine with one more victory.

Zabojnik

Platini would like to see Maradona on Napoli's bench some day? It's not happening. El Pibe de Oro owns the italian state something like 30M&#8364; in unpaid taxes.
KuGsj.gif

I have a feeling Conte is going to use him as Asa's replacement when the black prince will leave us for Africa Cup. From what he said in the interview, going back to 4-3-3 doesn't seem likely. He considers 3-5-2 to be the more attacking formation. I agree, but that's really not why some of us are advocating for the return to 4-3-3, is it? It's because we have a lot of players that - like Pepe - would benefit greatly from it. We could use Pepe, Giovinco and Vucinic as WFs, Awesomoah in his natural position (as Marchisio's alternative) and Matri makes a lot more sense as a central striker. Not to mention Lichtsteiner playing as a RB, which is where he shines.

Top Bottom