• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Guys FIFA 13!

owji51-600x170.jpg

First Touch Control
One of the first things to do for FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to wrestle control of the ball and dribble it.

Player Impact
Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges. The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

Complete Dribble
In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction; in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible any more.

Tactical Free-Kicks
A whole new free-kick system has been developed. Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system. For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a single man to block the ball.

Attacking AI
The offensive Artificial Intelligence has been overhauled. The CPU-controlled players have better running routes and better guessing options as to where you’ll pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Rutter also confirmed that besides the aforementioned upgrades, he also wants to make other improvements to the game such as implementing new passing types, new shot rotation moves and new goalkeeper animations.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
On the basis of one injury?

Wow, you're a bitter cunt.

:lol

Long-term injury problems always start like this. We've seen the same thing at Spurs with Huddlestone. He's missed almost two seasons with a serious ankle injury and I doubt he will ever maintain consistent fitness because, just like Diaby, the original injury has knock-on effects on the whole leg and often leads to a succession of niggling muscle injuries. I hope Wilshere recovers because he has a great talent and I never want to see players dogged with injuries, but I wouldn't think he would be ready to play at last season's level until the 2013/14 season, and that's if his recovery goes well. Ramsey has already shown how damaging it can be to miss a full season at such an age and to be expected to compete with the first team.

Clegg

dc I hate to break it to you but that Hazard story is a load of shite.

Tom Williams, a member of the French Press Association has tweeted that Hazard never mentioned anything about wearing blue next season.

Carbonox

By the way, if I were to buy a shirt with a name on the back of it on a site like Sports Direct where you can't select a player from a drop down, do they retain accuracy for names with special characters?

For example, if I were to order a Newcastle shirt and put in the My ID section - Cisse, no doubt they will put that on the back of the shirt. However, because his name is Cissé, would I have to paste that in to the My ID box and hope they honour the special character, or will they go ahead and ignore that?

Curious to see if anyone has experience with any sites regarding this. The new Newcastle shirt is up on the Sports Direct website and I want to buy it like...now. :lol

no Michael Bridges was Newcastles marquee

he was just a player

Ahahahahahahaha Bridges.

GorillaJu

I wouldn't mind Adam Johnson at Liverpool. He would come cheaply and he'd no doubt prefer first team football at LFC over other clubs who might be interested, most of which would be mid-tablers like Fulham or maybe Sunderland.

And If work rate or drinking was the problem, we'd get his ass working.

The PL players I'd like to see our club go for most are Joe Allen, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Adam Johnson and Junior Hoilett, probably in that order.

Carbonox

Just answered my own question.

T2uxV.jpg

So via Sports Direct, it's impossible to get an accurate representation of Cisse's name on the back of a shirt, or anyone for that matter who has a special character in their name. Fucking bollocks.

Might get Cabaye then or Ben Arfa (the latter will cost a lot just for his name and number :lol).

bjaelke

T2uxV.jpg

So via Sports Direct, it's impossible to get an accurate representation of Cisse's name on the back of a shirt, or anyone for that matter who has a special character in their name. Fucking bollocks.

Might get Cabaye then or Ben Arfa (the latter will cost a lot just for his name and number :lol).

Ba

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

T2uxV.jpg

Order a plain shirt and do your printing somewhere else ;)

Guys FIFA 13!

owji51-600x170.jpg

First Touch Control
One of the first things to do for FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to wrestle control of the ball and dribble it.

Player Impact
Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges. The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

Complete Dribble
In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction; in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible any more.

Tactical Free-Kicks
A whole new free-kick system has been developed. Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system. For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a single man to block the ball.

Attacking AI
The offensive Artificial Intelligence has been overhauled. The CPU-controlled players have better running routes and better guessing options as to where you’ll pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Rutter also confirmed that besides the aforementioned upgrades, he also wants to make other improvements to the game such as implementing new passing types, new shot rotation moves and new goalkeeper animations.

Please, some decent refs too, EA. The current refs are so shit, their AI is all over the place. Good to hear just changing directions won't fool defenders anymore though, so stupid when that happens.

Carbonox

Order a plain shirt and do your printing somewhere else ;)

Don't know anywhere local that does printing. :\

The Newcastle website doesn't show the special character in his name either when selecting from the names to have on the shirt. Then again, it's Newcastle's official shop so they will no doubt stick the special character in there anyway. I ain't taking that risk with Sports Direct though, irrelevant if they're tied to the club.

Might just play it safe and stick Perch on the back.

Don't know anywhere local that does printing. :

The Newcastle website doesn't show the special character in his name either when selecting from the names to have on the shirt. Then again, it's Newcastle's official shop so they will no doubt stick the special character in there anyway. I ain't taking that risk with Sports Direct though, irrelevant if they're tied to the club.

Might just play it safe and stick Perch on the back.

You're boring :lol :p

Salazar

Opta Sports ‏ @OptaJoe
3 - Manchester City have won their final Premier League game of the season only three times in 14 attempts. Fluff.

Stat, stat, stat, stat, such a raven haired slinky hipped stat.

WJD

Opta Sports ‏ @OptaJoe
3 - Manchester City have won their final Premier League game of the season only three times in 14 attempts. Fluff.

Stat, stat, stat, stat, such a raven haired slinky hipped stat.

don't do this to yourself, Salazar.

Zabojnik

ding ding, we have a winner.

still can't quite fathom the mindset that leads people view titles that were stripped for cheating as stolen titles.

l36yo.gif

Let me guess, you're in the camp that still believes Moggi closed that refree Paparesta in a room and threw away the key, right? Sorry, I'm not getting into it again, I've spent enough years and health following the calciopoli scandal and the joke of a trial that followed, fighting against windmills, to still give a damn about convincing people who will clearly never let themselves be convinced of anything. You say 28, we say 30. I'm more than happy to keep it that way.

Clegg

Donde, está, la biblioteca. Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca.
Discoteca, muñeca, La biblioteca esa bigotes grandes, perro, manteca.
Manteca, bigotes, gigante, pequeño, cabeza es nieve, cerveza es bueno.
Buenos dias, me gusta papas frías, bigotes de la cabra Es Cameron Diaz.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Crafty Juve fans infiltrate Milan's office block in via Turati + hang a bianconero flag outside the 1st floor window

2BmWq.png

Rikkun's whereabouts are currently unknown.

Salazar

Today's Mirror says we could hijack the Vertonghen deal.

I am glad that it is clearly nonsense, because it's not worth it for a central defender. Especially if that means Phil Jones continues his slapstick run at RB.

Even after my heaviest nights out, I think I could cross a ball better than Phil.

That's exactly what you did for Jones. :p

To do it again would be perverse.

And we will do Sunderland. And Clev will play.

GorillaJu

All you United fans who are pinning your hopes on QPR to beat Manchester City should be more worried about beating Sunderland away. That is far from a foregone conclusion.

I am glad that it is clearly nonsense, because it's not worth it for a central defender.

Clegg

All you United fans who are pinning your hopes on QPR to beat Manchester City should be more worried about beating Sunderland away. That is far from a foregone conclusion.

I'm pretty chill about the whole thing tbh.

If we win, we win. If we don't then I'll be disappointed but not inconsolable. We've been a bit rubbish this season so I can't really say that I'd be surprised if we didn't win the league.

And I firmly believe that Jones will be one of the best defenders in the league, eventually. He's still only a kid. Defenders don't usually hit their peak until their mid 20's. He has massive potential and will be brilliant.

OK back to quoting Community.

Ashes

Banned
Thank you, Ashes. Hume bangs on in An Essay Concerning Human Understanding about it being incumbent on us not to forget to be skeptical. And I am fucking skeptical that City necessarily have QPR sewn up.

That and Human Beings are

a, genetically optimised to be optimistic (quick test, how likely do you think you are to getting cancer? Most people say about
per cent, when it's really
1 in 3

b, Man City have already bottled it earlier on, and thus now we have a weird situation where, their manager needs to coddle them into the disbelief that United are still favourites.

c, in the event that Mancini is playing mind games, and Ferguson is playing Mind Games, Ferguson just started playing [see bbc sport motd post match interview], and he normally wins.

Of course, Mancini has been there and won the league in similar ways before.

I think the odds are heavily in their favour, when you consider City's home form, and QPR's away form, but as the dutch found out in a final a couple of decade's ago in a Euro final (yep I've been watching old tapes :p), and Barcelona found against Chelsea... you never ever know. If we can lose to a [insert lesser opposition], they can lose to QPR.

You never know.

Zabojnik

So Elia wants to leave and Krasic will surely follow. How much do you think we can get for both? Something like 15mil€? :/ Can't say I'll be particulary sorry to see them go, but I wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Ashes

Banned

huh? we don't need QPR to win against Man City, and QPR don't need a win. We need them to park the bus.

PaulLFC

One more thing to look forward to in the break between the end and start of seasons - new kit reveals. We might have already discussed this in here, but Juve's new home shirt:

530403_446767255351563_352640304764259_1495953_78683288_n.jpg

I like it.

Real:

real-madrid-12-13-adidas-home-football-shirt-leaked-a.jpg

Celtic away:

celtic-12-13-nike-away-football-shirt-b.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Juve one is lovely, Real isn't as good as this years - losing the gold sucks. Was gonna get Del Piero and Ozil on the shirts.

Still don't know whether to get a United shirt. It's United, but it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom