• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

That, or just post stuff about La Liga. That will encourage fellow Spanish Football fans to post too.

If you do adopt a premiership team, pick Newcastle. :)

Yeah, I suppose I could take that route, sometimes when i'm about to post something I feel as if GAF wouldn't really care and just cancel my post, though. :b

As for supporting Newcastle, that Cisse guy sure did turn my head a few times. Super class finishes against Chelsea. I think i'll watch some of the upcoming Newcastle matches, the City game should be really fun.

I don't think there's any shame in supporting teams in multiple leagues. If you think you have some sort of a connection with a premier league team than go ahead. :)

It's always nice to have an extra Gunner around here. *wink wink*

I dunno bout that, Arsenal are going to be strong next season and I don't want to support two powerful teams (Madrid and Arsenal). I do love how emotional some of your players, are, though. Like Szczęsny :D

Do a fady an support every team. You don't need to be a fan of a team to discuss them

Too much commitment :|

rififi

I'm bored, so I might as well post this - a video of Mourinho and Guardiola in a rare moment embracing each other when they both had a full head of thick, black hair: Mourdiola

Does anybody fancy a couple of games of Fifa 12 on 360?

My mic isn't working atm but if anyone is up for it: Willkiller07

I'll be Newcastle :p

Almost 24 hours into the thread, just over 700 posts already on a day where there was pretty much no football. Spent most of it talking about food and drink.

Community isn't so bad afterall.

Wilbur

Banned
Almost 24 hours into the thread, just over 700 posts already on a day where there was pretty much no football. Spent most of it talking about food and drink.

Community isn't so bad afterall.

I didn't understand the complaints in the first place. Meh.

Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for me :) hopefully pass my driving test and come back to see Chelsea win the FA Cup :D or it could go horribly wrong :lol

Slizz

Haven't even posted in this new thread yet. Last free days before Summer semester starts and my B-day is today. I've been pretty inebriated for a good chunk of the last 2 days. Which of course continues tomorrow with Cinco de Mayo and Mayweather Cotto.

Carbonox

I just did that. I'm enjoying it so far.

But it sucks not having a search bar.

The address bar is the search bar. It functions as Google search too.

Just noticed the Dutch flag on Krul's boots. Is that new? Only complaint I have with that kit is that the shorts and socks are red as well.

Lot of players have flags on their boots, IIRC. Some have their numbers and initials too.

Slizz

Where you type your web addresses is where you search as well. It's Google Chrome mang, think they are gonna leave you hanging?

EDIT: Fucking Carbonox

Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for me :) hopefully pass my driving test and come back to see Chelsea win the FA Cup :D or it could go horribly wrong :lol
Good luck man.

Haven't even posted in this new thread yet. Last free days before Summer semester starts and my B-day is today. I've been pretty inebriated for a good chunk of the last 2 days. Which of course continues tomorrow with Cinco de Mayo and Mayweather Cotto.
Congratulations! Sounds like you're going to enjoy your weekend :)

The address bar is the search bar.

Fry

LOL, right on guys. It's better than I thought it would be, and thankfully there was an option to import all my favorites, passwords etc.

Going to stick with it for a while.

snoopen

Chrome runs infinitely more stable than FF and more efficiently on every machine i've tries.

I'm hoping Liverpool win the FA so they consider their season a mild success under KK (when in reality they've been fucking awful) and Bayern win the CL.. whilst they have been better under Di Matteo I don't think they deserve CL next year.

Meier

It's 2020 in my FM save and my Porto squad is up against Man City in the Champions League. Man City's lineup:

Aguero
Nasri Shaqiri
Milner Barkley
Kompany
Clichy Savic Miranda Corchia
ter Stegen

Quite a few familiar (and old) faces still for 9 years on!

Chrome crashes regularly for me with youtube/videos open.

Really? It did that for like a week with me, but I saw a thread on it here on GAF and it was apparently a problem all around that was quickly fixed again, don't have any problems with flash or youtube now. Never looked back since that terrible firefox 3, ugh that release was worse than IE, now just so used to Chrome that google would have to fuck up badly for me to go back to firefox.

I'm expecting an epic game tomorrow between F.C. Porto - Sporting. Porto already won the league so there's no pressure but this will be our celebration match so they'll want to win it, and Sporting has been playing very well and is fighting for a champions league spot. Hoping for goals, lots of them.

Salvadora

Really? It did that for like a week with me, but I saw a thread on it here on GAF and it was apparently a problem all around that was quickly fixed again, don't have any problems with flash or youtube now. Never looked back since that terrible firefox 3, ugh that release was worse than IE, now just so used to Chrome that google would have to fuck up badly for me to go back to firefox.

Yeah it happens when I have quite a few videos open.

Try re-installing Flash, graphics drivers and/or switching to HTML5 on youtube.
Thanks, I'll try these in the morning.

If you're bored because of the lack of football right now please read this thread. I'm dying at the moment.
KuGsj.gif

SO HYPED. 24/7 has been awesome as usual. Mayweather Makes Money.

Seems like there's alot of rumours going around that we're close to signing Kagawa.
Please be true.
God I hope so. I hope we sign him and hand him the #7. I think a deal is still some way off though. He said nothing will happen until after the German Cup final though, so let's just wait and see what happens after that.

Some of these Battersea mockups look like indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium. I'm ok with that.
Lucas Oil stadium is my favourite stadium in the world. So damn cool. I wish they did something similar with Old Trafford.

Fry

Happy b-day!

yO8kn.png

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I love you guys

Wilbiry please bum me

Drunk post? Drunk post.

elsk

Banned
Man, everytime I enter this thread the topic has completely changed.

edit: Feliz cumpleaños, Slizz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom