• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

This might be the first time I've been nominated for anything on a board

rodvik
wub.gif

edit: you could say clegg and I are utility maximizers

welcome man! every winning team needs em!

Messi

I would like to be Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona Version), I show up lots early on in the threads life and slowly post less and less until the thread ends. Kind of like Cesc and his awesome early season preformance.

ps:
I love Cesc, really

I would like to be Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona Version), I show up lots early on in the threads life and slowly post less and less until the thread ends. Kind of like Cesc and his awesome early season preformance.

ps:
I love Cesc, really
You're Scholes (a greater honour). Announced your retirement and came back shortly after.

how is doicare not Mourinho!?

Because Mourinho stirs up shit when he needs to, Lunchbox is the Mourinho and does all his trolling on purpose. doicare is more of a Zamparini, a sad old man with dementia, no one really takes them serious and laugh then off even before they have opened their mouth, they are just too delusional to even argue with.

Messi

You're Scholes (a greater honour). Announced your retirement and came back shortly after.

How abpt, was kind of hoping no one remembered that. As I slip back into my addicting habits. Damn it I like posting in footiegaf too much. Maybe I can start an Olivia-GAF. Or is that taking a step in the Fistful direction?

How abpt, was kind of hoping no one remembered that. As I slip back into my addicting habits. Damn it I like posting in footiegaf too much. Maybe I can start an Olivia-GAF. Or is that taking a step in the Fistful direction?

No-one else likes her THAT much though :p

Fry

Wall of shame 1-8. Does anyone have 9?

Please excuse the formatting.

OT 3
OT4
OT 5
OT 2
OT 7
OT 6
OT 8
OT 1

I'm in the first 5, and not in the last 5. That's because I wasn't working or studying during that period. For shame. :p

ATF487

Its the discussion everybody loves. Who is the best-looking male footballer? (or female if you're a woman or that way inclined)

I think Casillas is a looker.

I'll pick Benny Feilhaber though, mostly to give some New England Revolution love (my real hometown club)

benny1.jpg

Fry

Sexual Deviant Of The Year: WoodenLung

Honorary Award For Having A Shit Coach: Jeff & Villa-Gaf

Semen On The Keyboard Award: Juve-Gaf last weekend

Banter Of The Year: Bayern or Liverpool? A meteor - Lunchbox

I must say, I laughed out loud at that, but I didn't say anything because Lunchbox doesn't deserve any credits.

Same was studying/working, In OT1 and then OT9. a bit like Anderson.

Yeah, I miss being the top poster next to Fady. I rather he posted constantly rather than drop by eventually with huge posts.

And stopped using avatars of Manchester United players/managers :p

Choc

Banned
i just found the most golden fucking paragraph in the history of the internet

The level of detail in PES is incredible. The amount of detail that Konami put into this game is incredible. The player’s faces really look like the footballers. The players on the field look and act a lot more like the real footballers. In comparison, the players on FIFA 12 (for the most part) seem more generic. Yes, they look like the real stars, but the level of detail isn’t as refined. A perfect example is Robbie Keane of LA Galaxy. On FIFA 12, he’s svelte, lightning fast and does his trademark cartwheels with ease. If you’ve seen him score for the Galaxy recently, you’ll know the difference.

lulz

poor robbie

Choc

Banned
Mancini’s four-year deal will make him the country’s best-paid boss, alongside Alex Ferguson.

City planned to offer Mancini the £2m-a-year pay rise — taking his salary to £5.5m a year — even if they failed to win the title.

And they can clinch their first title in 44 years with victory over QPR on Sunday.

Mancini, 47, is already planning for next season at City. He has the green light from owner Sheikh Mansour to make a £30m move for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who has a year left on his contract and has so far failed to agree a new deal.

Noirulus

Xabi Alonso is classy ? Casillas would be better suited for that term, Alonso has his stupid moments.

What moments? I'm genuinely curious why you don't think he's classy. Barca fans i've talked with on other forums consider him the classiest Madrid player along with Casillas.

elsk

Banned
I would sell RvP, if it was my call. With Podolski and a new striker (like the dutch from Twente) they could do better. I would ask for 35m, tho.
Btw, anyone knows how is Joel Campbell doing? He looks very promising.

FootballFan

What moments? I'm genuinely curious why you don't think he's classy. Barca fans i've talked with on other forums consider him the classiest Madrid player along with Casillas.

Don't want to get into it, seeing as most people like Alonso here(woodens post above) and would disagree with a Barca fan talking about class but I'll just say Casillas and Higuain are their classiest imo, both youth products too.

elsk

Banned
Don't want to get into it, seeing as most people like Alonso here(woodens post above) and would disagree with a Barca fan talking about class but I'll just say Casillas and Higuain are their classiest imo, both youth products too.

Gonzalo Higuaín a youth product? a River Plate youth product.

Meier

I'm not really in favor of buying RVP personally due to his cost and age... but he'd obviously be quite formidable when partnered with Aguero. It's going to be a very interesting transfer window, that's for sure.

jtb

Banned
Dzeko + a couple million for RVP. everyone wins!

also, I respect alonso's beard. dat stubble is sexy as fuck.

Noirulus

I mean, the way you wrote your post made me wonder if i'd forgotten some incident that he was involved in. I'll respect your wish of not getting into it, but to me he's always been a respectable player that is class on/off the pitch.

So, I'll be going to see my team play a friendly (and most likely mose horribly) to Schalke 04 tomorrow night.
Supposedly Rauls last game for Schalke.

Rumors have it he's gonna move onto MLS, of course my local teams fans who are hosting Schalke tomorrow swear he's coming here to play.
It be great to have a star like, especially my team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom