• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
So, I'll be going to see my team play a friendly (and most likely mose horribly) to Schalke 04 tomorrow night.
Supposedly Rauls last game for Schalke.

Rumors have it he's gonna move onto MLS, of course my local teams fans who are hosting Schalke tomorrow swear he's coming here to play.
It be great to have a star like, especially my team :)

I believe he's going to Qatar. According to spanish media.
you could say Philadelphia Union is your team, not need to be ashamed of it! :p

Az

Mancini’s four-year deal will make him the country’s best-paid boss, alongside Alex Ferguson.

City planned to offer Mancini the £2m-a-year pay rise — taking his salary to £5.5m a year — even if they failed to win the title.

And they can clinch their first title in 44 years with victory over QPR on Sunday.

Mancini, 47, is already planning for next season at City. He has the green light from owner Sheikh Mansour to make a £30m move for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who has a year left on his contract and has so far failed to agree a new deal.

Would be nice to post a source.

sneaky77

my body is def not ready

1336513240_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

choodi

Banned
something I have really enjoyed about Newcastle's transfer activity over the past couple of years is the fact that our targets and negotiations haven't been splashed all over the media.

It shows that there is some proper thought and dignity (for want if a better word) about how we are doing business these days.

I used to get stressed around transfer time if we weren't linked with a whole bunch of players on a daily basis. Now I am glad that we are rarely linked with any one.

The Cisse transfer is a great example of how we, and other clubs, (I'm looking at you Harry/Tottenham) should conduct transfers.

Salazar

It shows that there is some proper thought and dignity (for want if a better word) about how we are doing business these days.

I don't think there's necessarily a dignity deficit at other clubs; the papers are just more motivated to make and stir shit up about them.

Meier

While at The Sun, I came across this which should make Kyoufu and co happy..

PAPISS CISSE admits his dream is to play for Real Madrid.

Newcastle’s Senegal striker has bagged 13 goals in 13 games since his £10million move from Freiburg in January.

But the 26-year-old Toon hero confessed he would love to join the Spanish giants one day.

Cisse said: “My long-term aim is to play for the biggest clubs and I want to win the Champions League. I have loved Real Madrid ever since I was a little boy.

“But I am happy for now at Newcastle. They are a big club — even though they are not a Manchester United or Manchester City.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...its-his-dream-is-to-play-for-Real-Madrid.html

I'm sure everyone's ultimate goal is to move to Real and/or Barca though so that's not entirely surprising.

choodi

Banned
I don't think there's necessarily a dignity deficit at other clubs; the papers are just more motivated to make and stir shit up about them.

Like i said, there is probably a better word for it, but I think the dignity part is mainly in our respect. In the past we really have conducted ourselves pretty poorly when it comes to transfers.

Blablurn

Bayern players want to stay at Bayern :D

word! i think we have created something wonderfull. two weeks ago robben said he was unsure about his future in bayern. yesterday he said he might gonna end his career here lol. i guess bayern is just paying big money in the end. but it works. we dont lose much player substance each year. even with big spenders like madrid, city or barca.

elsk

Banned
word! i think we have created something wonderfull. two weeks ago robben said he was unsure about his future in bayern. yesterday he said he might gonna end his career here lol. i guess bayern is just paying big money in the end. but it works. we dont lose much player substance each year. even with big spenders like madrid, city or barca.

Also being in two CL finals in three seasons is a big thing. Our team is in the top3 of the world, and all our important players have a long team contract... money obviously plays a part in this, but still Man City and Real Madrid (and Barcelona, I guess) pay a lot more than us.

Salazar

That quote from Cisse sounds like it was written by Kermit. Since when are City a "big club"?

You clearly didn't wholly digest dc's explanation of how City spending hilarious amounts of money on themselves is going to be revolutionarily good for the English game.

neoanarch

So much for Cruz Azul showing up in Libertadores. :( Mexican teams fucking sucked this year.

The FMF pretty much fucked them over by refusing to reschedule their matches.

La Volpe is back with Atlante. hohohoho. I can't believe people have a better opinion of him than they do of Enrique Meza.

dc89

All the QPR players are coming out and talking of revenge for Hughes. Have they not looked at what Pardew did, said Newcastle are going to dent City's title hopes etc.

They just keep doing Mancini's job for him.

Team talk is done.

choodi

Banned
All the QPR players are coming out and talking of revenge for Hughes. Have they not looked at what Pardew did, said Newcastle are going to dent City's title hopes etc.

Team talk is done.

Revenge for Hughes?

WTF! How about they do it for their own fucking pride and survival?

I predict a 4-0 win by City

Team talk is done.

QPR, lol.

It's over.

elsk

Banned
I ran into La Volpe last year in a mall in Costa Rica. I didn't want to say anything to him, he looks like a fucking asshole.

sixghost

Team talk is done.
Huge blunder by the QPR players here. Now the City players will actually have some motivation to play in this title deciding game in front of their home fans.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I ran into La Volpe last year in a mall in Costa Rica. I didn't want to say anything to him, he looks like a fucking asshole.
I fucking hate the douchebag so I would punch him in the face.

Kinda sad that we judge him by his public relationship deficiencies and not his actual coaching ability.

neoanarch

I fucking hate the douchebag so I would punch him in the face.

Kinda sad that we judge him by his public relationship deficiencies and not his actual coaching ability.

He isn't that good of a coach either. He's had some influence on better coaches. But his record is abysmal.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He isn't that good of a coach either. He's had some influence on better coaches. But his record is abysmal.
If we judged managers on the number of trophies they obtain then very few people would be capable of managing a team. Especially in the Mexican league, where the format of the tournament rewards mediocrity.
He could do a better job as youth sporting manager or something like that. He's a mediocre coach, IMO.
What he did with Atlas' youth system was formidable. It's a shame that the board of directors at that club has fucked everything up since his departure.

Feliz cumpleaños cabrón.

Afrikan

WTF? Don't tell me the Fuckin Europa League Final is not going to be shown live in the U.S? What fuck man...what fuck is GolTV thinking, its not like something else that is more important is showing.

Its suppose to start 9:45am Cali time....but GolTV is showing it at fucking 4pm? Bullshit!

Kenka

Happy B.day elsk !

Will Falcao be able to retain the Europa League crown tonight ? I hope he does. Did anyone before succeed in doing so with two different clubs ? (UEFA Cup included)

Carbonox

Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton is out to give former club Manchester City a 'reality check'.

- Sky Sports News

Uh huh. Just destroy a few players, grind em down and you should be fine. De Jong vs Barton. LET'S GO.

Carbonox

And regarding Cisse. This gem of a statement was released by Newcastle:

An erroneous story which has been circulated this evening by Steve Goodman, regarding Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse and Real Madrid, is taken from a recent interview Papiss conducted with L’Equipe.

In the article, Mr Goodman states that Papiss has issued a “come and get me” appeal to Real Madrid. This statement is utterly untrue.

In the interview with L’Equipe, Papiss responded to a question about Real Madrid to say that he has admired the club since he was young. This in no way constitutes a ‘come and get me’ plea.

Mr Goodman further claims that Papiss ‘insisted he hopes to join them [Real Madrid]‘. Papiss has never made such a statement and refutes the suggestion in the strongest possible terms.

The player is completely committed to Newcastle United and is not interested in anything other than ensuring he and the team finish the season as strongly as possible.

The matter is now in the hands of the player’s legal representatives.

:lol

He won't be joining Real Madrid or any other team any time soon.

rodvik

sorry if old, but some of these are mind boggling.

20 Steve Kean qoutes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-kean-20-damning-quotes-823871

"
Steve on November 22nd: “Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions. Instead, the real issue is for me and everyone else to concentrate on the games.”

Gordon says: Steve signed a new contract on November 25th.

Steve said: “There is no way Chris Samba is leaving this football club. I've spoken to the owners and that's the end of the matter.”

Gordon says: Samba left two weeks later.

Steve on Ryan Nelsen: “He's in a bad way. I've just been to see him. He's in traction. We need experienced players in the team and I can't wait to get him back, but I doubt he'll be let out before the end of the season."

Gordon says: Four days later Nelsen made his debut for Spurs.

"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom