• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

cBEAhl.jpg

IT ARRIVED. Shame it came AFTER I left for training. D:

Madrid had this match locked down from the start. They had a great, coheasive defence that ruthlessly cut out Bilbao's passes and had far greater and more mature talent up front that can do a lot of work on their own and is far more effective.

Bilbao simply had no plan B and were stonewalled at every turn. This match reminds me a bit of Germany vs. Argentine at the WC. Madrid fully deserve the trophy here.

Madridy

A Student overcomes his Teacher, A Master defeated by his Apprentice.

bielsasimeonem3frl.jpg

10-aos-despues1oe8l.jpg

Still Bielsa is a genius manager. I hope he goes back to manage Argentina during this Messi-era.

Carbonox

Newcastle United have handed trials to youngsters Christophe Lowinsky and Valentin Gjokaj.

Lowinsky is a French youth international defender currently with Marseille.

The 20-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and will look to impress over the coming days.

He is joined by Swiss 18-year-old defender Gjokaj, who comes in from Luzern.

Meanwhile, another trialist - Australian Curtis Good from Melbourne Heart, is understood to have left the club without claiming a deal.

Interesting. More excited to see Lowinsky though as at 20 years of age and coming from Marseille, he must show pretty decent promise. Good luck to the both of them.

Carbonox

Roadhouse on Channel 5 for y'all UK Footy GAF folks. Get to see Milos Krasic in action.

RIP Swayze you beautiful man :(

Le-mo

I just bought tickets to my first professional live soccer match. Chelsea at Seattle Sounders FC on the 18th of July. I can't wait. I wonder how much we'll lose by this time haha.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought tickets to my first professional live soccer match. Chelsea at Seattle Sounders FC on the 18th of July. I can't wait. I wonder how much we'll lose by this time haha.

You should also check out an actual match too. The Sounders are pretty exciting to watch and have some great players.

Le-mo

You should also check out an actual match too. The Sounders are pretty exciting to watch and have some great players.
The only time I watch the Sounders play is when I happen to catch them playing when I channel surf the t.v. Otherwise I just watch the highlights on ESPN if they show it. I do want to watch a live match of them against the Galaxy because of Beckham and Donovan at some point before he retires.

Omikron

West Ham v Blackpool in the Play-Off Final

Should be a great game, will be rooting for the hammers as my brother supports them
Kinda happy that west ham will play them instead of Brum, if for some reason wh fail (lol) blackpool are the preferred side to see go up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mirko's father. What a fucking boss haha

JOMPg.jpg

Our goals this season: 8 from defenders, 26 from strikers, 29 from midfielders. sigh..

jtb

Banned
well, he was brought in to replace both aguero and forlan (who were in turn brought into replace torres...), so I wouldn't necessarily say it's an improvement; more like for like swap. I think aguero and falcao's fees were pretty close, too. But falcao's clearly world class, and atletico seem to be really good at developing/purchasing great strikers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^
^
Yeah I saw that
sCfuo.gif
sCfuo.gif

Now for the best place to place the stars:
LM:“Terza stella? La metterei sulla testa di Moratti”

Clegg

You guys should move to Ireland. We've had one week of good weather this year, in April. Its been non stop rain for the last 3 weeks and if we're lucky temperatures may scrape to 15 degrees celcius for a few days in July. Then it'll start raining again.

You guys should move to Ireland. We've had one week of good weather this year, in April. Its been non stop rain for the last 3 weeks and if we're lucky temperatures may scrape to 15 degrees celcius for a few days in July. Then it'll start raining again.
Yeah that's not going to happen. I have to cycle to school everyday so I don't like to drown in the rain everyday thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom