• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Was there a specific article it got banned for? Or just for being a generally awful paper? (Which is already a very good reason).

It was banned for being awful.

I think Evilore had enough after we had that thread about the woman who thought she was too good looking. That came from the Daily Mail.

Clegg

Its quite possible that the Daily Mail story is on the money with regards to RVP turning down Juventus.

But the Daily Mail is the least reliable tabloid on the market. I wouldn't take their story as fact.

Its quite possible that the Daily Mail story is on the money with regards to RVP turning down Juventus.

But the Daily Mail is the least reliable tabloid on the market. I wouldn't take their story as fact.
There is no reason to believe their story is true. No sources, no quotes.

Could very easily be all made up and it's not beyond them to do that.

Carbonox

There is no reason to believe their story is true. No sources, no quotes.

Could very easily be all made up and it's not beyond them to do that.

They make up 99% of the shit they have on the site. Anything that is based on a true story also contains made up content and exaggeration.

Part of the reason why I read the site on the a daily basis. The lulz are deafening.

elsk

Banned
Did you read that article on Elia yesterday on ad.nl? Wanted to post it here but I was too lazy to translate it.

Something about him being good despite being benched, but that translates in him being out of the Euros, so for him this season was a waste/mistake? Yeah. Also he's quite old already eh? 26. I thought he was 19 or 20 :p

elsk

Banned
Well yes, this makes sense. Then again, Mexico has enough Sub-23 to cover for him.

...yeah, right. :p

I'd like to see him back on shape, but seeing all those chances he missed at Swansea makes me think that he should do more pre-season and rest a bit. I suppose this was the effect of my Chicharito+Man U fanboyism, haha.

You have a very good U23 squad, I would add Guardado and maybe the Dos Santos bros.

Btw, I'm hoping we "invite" David Suazo to the Honduras u23 team, to be our main striker and destroy the whole world as we know it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You have a very good U23 squad, I would add Guardado and maybe the Dos Santos bros.
The Dos Santos Bros. (we need a photoshop of that) are confirmed to be at the Olympics, as well as Héctor Moreno from Espanyol. Guardado sounds like a real possibility now that Chicharito and Vela are MIA.

sneaky77

Falcao is incredible.

yeah.. couple defensive mistakes, two Falcao goals, that was pretty much it, then we just couldn't get anything to bounce our way even a little bit..

1336601015_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_1.jpg

I'm gutted.

yeah.. couple defensive mistakes, two Falcao goals, that was pretty much it, then we just couldn't get anything to bounce our way even a little bit..

I'm gutted.
Unlucky pal. It's still been a great effort from your team this season. I just hope you guys can keep hold of your key players. I really want to see this Athletic team grow because they should only get better.

Listening to Passion Pit's début album. Been getting into this electronic indie pop wave lately, was lost for a long time searching for new music that I liked. This is the stuff.

elsk

Banned

[im.g]http://estaticos.marca.com/imagenes/2012/05/10/futbol/europa_league/1336601015_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_1.jpg[/img]

I'm gutted.

Llorente, as Gómez, really can't do much when the team isn't working well. I rate Llorente highly than Gómez, but they are nothing on their own. That's why Falcao is the fucking ultimate striker :D... :( please join Bayern.

sneaky77

Llorente, as Gómez, really can't do much when the team isn't working well. I rate Llorente highly than Gómez, but they are nothing on their own. That's why Falcao is the fucking ultimate striker :D... :( please join Bayern.

We tried till we dropped. Just wasn't our night for sure, we started too tight and before we knew it we were already one down, and then add to that just nothing went our way not even a little bit. Seeing Muniain start to cry after the third goal was heartbreaking, he def tried to get the team on his back on the second half.

Unlucky pal. It's still been a great effort from your team this season. I just hope you guys can keep hold of your key players. I really want to see this Athletic team grow because they should only get better.

Listening to Passion Pit's début album. Been getting into this electronic indie pop wave lately, was lost for a long time searching for new music that I liked. This is the stuff.

Yay! Love love love Passion Pit.

EDIT: the genre you want to examine is "Wonky Pop" here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonky_Pop

Also, if you like them, try Two Door Cinema Club, especially the remix album.

Also, try Bloc Party, Matt & Kim, and Tokyo Police Club

Cool, thanks for the suggestion.

I really like The Naked + Famous also, are they in this genre also?
Not familiar. I'll check them out. I added some more groups as well. That wiki entry used to have twice as many bands. I don't know what happened.

EDIT: quick spotify search tells me they probably are. Also check out M83. He is a must. Also, Penguin Prison. A lot of fun.

Not familiar. I'll check them out. I added some more groups as well. That wiki entry used to have twice as many bands. I don't know what happened.

EDIT: quick spotify search tells me they probably are. Also check out M83. He is a must. Also, Penguin Prison. A lot of fun.
Man I LOVE Bloc Party. They defined part of my high school life lol

M83 I have on my list too, I heard his song "Midnight City" the other week and I've been addicted to it totally and completely.

Also just upgraded to Spotify Premium, couldn't resist.

Gonna spend my summer getting through all this stuff, i'll let you know what I think :)

TeegsD

Yay! Love love love Passion Pit.

EDIT: the genre you want to examine is "Wonky Pop" here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonky_Pop

Also, if you like them, try Two Door Cinema Club, especially the remix album.

Also, try Bloc Party, Matt & Kim, and Tokyo Police Club

Been listening to PPit for a while but didn't know about Wonky Pop. Gonna check out those suggestions.

M83 and Naked and Famous are amazing. I definitely recommend them. Now to add all these bands on spotify

Man I LOVE Bloc Party. They defined part of my high school life.

M83 I have on my list too, I heard his song "Midnight City" the other week and I've been addicted to it totally and completely.

Also just upgraded to Spotify Premium, couldn't resist.

Gonna spend my summer getting through all this stuff, i'll let you know what I think :)

Well, Steve McQueen is my other fav song on that album of M83, but the entire thing is as close to perfection as I ever heard.

I do like what I've heard of Naked and Famous so far.

Here is a link to my Spotify:
spotify:user:tfisher21

Been listening to PPit for a while but didn't know about Wonky Pop. Gonna check out those suggestions.

M83 and Naked and Famous are amazing. I definitely recommend them. Now to add all these bands on spotify

Wonky Pop was just a label I found for many artists I happened to like. It is a pretty loose definition. I mean, Kid Cudi and Passion Pit aren't really similar but there are some. Same with a band like Florence and the Machines.

Also, Neon Indian is a great band too.

EDIT: It's premature, but I'm ejaculating over this band and I've only heard one song.

jtb

Banned
Tried MGMT? Very trip-pop-y, like a better, though less coherent, Naked and Famous... or a less french M83.

also, saturdays=youth is another great album, if a bit different in feel from hurry up, we're dreaming. highly recommend!

TeegsD

Yep I love MGMT too.

How do I find you on spotify Awesome? I'm new to this..confused :S

He put his user link up there. Just copy and paste into Spotify's search

I definitely need to get no commercials on spotify. Would get premium but dont want to front the 10 bucks a month

I love MGMT. Especially their first album. I'm geeking out over this music discussion lol

The links I provided work if you paste them into Spotify. Here are the HTTP ones:

http://open.spotify.com/user/tfisher21

http://open.spotify.com/album/5TEE6kFJO9zPWCikgg5GVy

Oh, and sneaky:

Spotify is a service where you can stream music. Most stuff is on there. There are three tiers of service. Free - which has commercials and limits the amount of plays per song per month; Unlimited - $5, no ads, and unlimited plays; Premium - $10, iPhone/iPad app access

http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/overview/

I use premium and I actually pay for my sister's premium access since she is a poor college student. Spotify should pay me though considering how many people I've gotten to pay for the Premium Spotify.

MGMT are amazing. I remember when I first heard kids on one of the FIFA's. cant remember which but a couple years ago

I think it was FIFA 10. It also had a Matt & Kim - Daylight Remix on that soundtrack. That was my fav soundtrack of recent memory

FIFA 11 had Passion Pit - Moth's Wings on it.

No Spotify in Canada, sadly. :( I've been wondering if Rdio is a suitable alternative, though.
I've never used it, but have heard good things.

He put his user link up there. Just copy and paste into Spotify's search

I definitely need to get no commercials on spotify. Would get premium but dont want to front the 10 bucks a month
Thanks dude. I just cancelled my gym membership which was £16 a month. Got Premium for the £10 now. In my mind..SAVING! :)

I love MGMT. Especially their first album. I'm geeking out over this music discussion lol
LOL Call Me Maybe. You know whats up!

MGMT are amazing. I remember when I first heard kids on one of the FIFA's. cant remember which but a couple years ago
Exactly the same. It was 09 I think. I've actually got into a couple of bands through FIFA, this year, Foster The People.

Passion Pit are freakin awesome. Heard like 5 songs so far and I love every one.

TeegsD

FIFA Soundtracks tend to be some of my favorite parts of the game. The one thing EA does right. I remember the SSX demo had Naked and Famous and Foster the People. Soooo good

Noirulus

I think it was FIFA 10. It also had a Matt & Kim - Daylight Remix on that soundtrack. That was my fav soundtrack of recent memory

FIFA 11 had Passion Pit - Moth's Wings on it.

I've never used it, but have heard good things.

Fffuuuu, I loved that song on FIFA 10!

Think i'll try the Rdio 7 day trial and see if I like it. I need to expand my musical library :s

so spotify.. how does it work? and $$?
Go ahead and download it, it's free for the first 6 months with no limits. You will have to put up with the ad's though, but really they aren't bad at all. After the 6 months you'll have limited listening, I'm not sure what the limit is but yeah, if you like your music...you'll want to upgrade.

You can a £5 per month pack which is unlimited listening with no ads or £10 which is the same but with alot of nice bonuses, the best is listening on your phone, including offline.

Basically it's a massive music search engine, you simple search for the song/artist and listen to the exact track. It will offer alternatives, similar artists, remixes and other music from that artist. You can make your own playlists and favourite songs into one big list.

It's awesome.

TeegsD

I actually dislike foster the people but mostly because I think pumped up kicks is trash. I'm sure they aren't bad

Pumped Up Kicks is a good song but over here in the states at least, it was played way too often. Their album is pretty good IMO. So how many free months of Spotify do I get cause they keep advertising them to me but I've done it once. Best month of my life might I add

xintin

Footy-GAF you have some great taste in music. Saw Passion Pit live last year and it was like a religious experience. What do you guys think of the new single Take A Walk?

Naked and Famous, Neon Indian and Bloc Party are all great like you said. Hoping to see M83 at the end of the summer.

TeegsD

Footy-GAF you have some great taste in music. Saw Passion Pit live last year and it was like a religious experience. What do you guys think of the new single Take A Walk?

Naked and Famous, Neon Indian and Bloc Party are all great like you said. Hoping to see M83 at the end of the summer.

I'm really digging it. Can't wait for the album.

I always forget to edit my first post...alas

Pumped Up Kicks is a good song but over here in the states at least, it was played way too often. Their album is pretty good IMO. So how many free months of Spotify do I get cause they keep advertising them to me but I've done it once. Best month of my life might I add
I think you can get 6 months free if you join with a new account now.

You guys should listen to Bombay Bicycle Club.

They're like Two Door Cinema Club but way better.
Yep I like them.

DominoKid

Thanks dude. I just cancelled my gym membership which was £16 a month. Got Premium for the £10 now. In my mind..SAVING! :)

LOL Call Me Maybe. You know whats up!

Exactly the same. It was 09 I think. I've actually got into a couple of bands through FIFA, this year, Foster The People.

Passion Pit are freakin awesome. Heard like 5 songs so far and I love every one.

09 soundtrack was the best. thats the only sports soundtrack compilation ive ever downloaded

Az

Just FYI for the ones that do remember me. Bish changed my username from TheAzRim to Az today, by my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom