• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

<3 FootballFan :) Lunchbox is the funniest troll in footygaf by far :p

Eastern Fady here! If only FootballFan was partly a Chelsea fan as well, the ritual would have been completed.

Partly you say ? Fady Barca supporter confirmed, Chelsea 2nd.

Saw this in the Bioshock Infinite thread. Must spread the love to FootyGAF.

My goodness.

Xghu7.gif

:eek:

This GIF is fucking with my head. Almost looks like he's shooting at an empty net haha.

:lol shit ! same here haha

Awesome. <3 He does not suit the really short hair though..

Wow, that is hilarious. There's barely any difference, look at the 3rd picture and the last picture, nearly the same.

I will say it again: Atlético squad is AMAZING.

Yeah, a damn good squad, they fail against some average teams too many times in the league though. Confusing.

Congrats to them though, 2nd Europa League in 3 seasons, good achievement.

Our goals this season: 8 from defenders, 26 from strikers, 29 from midfielders. sigh..

Our goals this season:
72 from Messi, 15 from Cesc and Sanchez, everyone else less. Doesn't look bad I know, but somebody else should be scoring 25+ goals like Benzema or Higuain do for Madrid. Shame Villa had to get injured.

I see Messi is allegedly a racist now. Ugh, this is getting boring. Race rows are old hat now.

Lol I wouldn't believe Drenthe if he said the sky is blue (okay yes I would, but you get what I mean) Why he would reveal this now is dumb enough.

Yeah I can't see RVP leaving unless it is to go to Madrid or Barca.

I can see him joining Man City (sorry Gooners)

I just watched, and got a few good photos of my favorite team (MLS! lol) just win 2-1 over Schalke 04 in a friendly :)

I know both teams didnt go hard each other but it was a great game, figured I'd share two good photos I snapped.

Huntelaar got smashed by our keeper, had to leave the game.

Man those are awesome pics ! Good to see you had a good time.

Wasn't it Huntelaar earlier this year that had his nose broken, a concussion and had his teeth knocked out in a game against England ? Poor guy lol.

Haha, Schalke being Schalke, eh?
Great photos, Pkm. Looking forward to see more photos like that, hope you keep posting!

He would post more if some people here weren't so harsh on MLS (The league and their supporters). I say it's bs that they have their own thread, they should join us imo.

Kozak

Banned
Woo congrats to Atletico! Hopefully they can clinch a CL qualification spot on the last game of La Liga but it doesnt look likely :x

rodvik

There is no equivalent to what City has done. Putting it all in a "buying the league" category is shite.

[That post sounds more aggressive than it should]

Well United has the more expensive squad for example. Rooney would not be at United if it wasnt for their money, etc :)

edit:
And befre you get googling on me the other point is City compressed their buying of the league in a shorter timeframe.

Anyways, was meant for dc. I have no desire to get into the whole City/United thing.

Nyx

Football Director Foeke Booy fired at FC Utrecht due to the disappointing season.

Really curious to see what will happen now, will the club owner spend another millions to get the club back on track, or will we be midtable-warriors again for the coming years.

Salazar

Well United has the more expensive squad for example. Rooney would not be at United if it wasnt for their money, etc :)

I wouldn't dream of disputing that United's wealth keeps it up there. It just seems fatuous to ignore (even provisionally) the questions of where the money comes from and over what period and on what kinds of players (at what stage of their careers, for example) it gets spent. If United had been suddenly flooded with external money and we'd shopped over an exceedingly brief period with that money for pretty much a whole squad to compete for the league, I'd see a parallel. Saying that "well, United are rich too, and that helps them" is a vaguely childlike grade of argument.

I wouldn't get carried away about "buying the league" stuff - principally because it bores me, and because we shouldn't have let those points slip. And because City have played pretty well and (lol Nasri) shown heart at various stages. But it is slightly more than a glib talking point, and it can't be extended to hold for other clubs - except Chelsea.

rodvik

I wouldn't dream of disputing that United's wealth keeps it up there. It just seems fatuous to ignore (even provisionally) the questions of where the money comes from and over what period and on what kinds of players (at what stage of their careers, for example) it gets spent. If United had been suddenly flooded with external money and we'd shopped over an exceedingly brief period with that money for pretty much a whole squad to compete for the league, I'd see a parallel. Saying that "well, United are rich too, and that helps them" is a vaguely childlike grade of argument.

This is essentially the argument. Citys spending was just compressed. Anyways, whatevs. At least you both got a return for your spending. At Villa we got jack shit.

bjaelke

Have you guys seen this match review by the Daily Star?

Ascl0KWCEAA7Pjr.jpg

John Terry got an 8 because he "admitted to be at fault". Jesus f-cking christ.

Have you guys seen this match review by the Daily Star?

Ascl0KWCEAA7Pjr.jpg

John Terry got an 8 because he "admitted to be at fault". Jesus f-cking christ.

Hang on, this is their review for the EPL game? Or the F.A. Cup final?

If it's for the former, then wtf? Makes no sense what so ever o_O

ninja edit: apparently for the EPL game. Is the guy that wrote the review high? Or was he watching a different game?

Stubo

Think they missed the minus in front of the 7 for Turnbull.
I'd blame all of the goals apart from one squarely on his defence, he couldn't really do much.

One huge error, sure...but the scoreline was already skewed beyond return by then.

Salazar

What's wrong - sad because no Evra on the French one?

Well, Heitinga is a cock, Young is a wanker, Lamps is past it, Cole is a fucker, I don't care about Gerrard, Balotelli shouldn't be picked, Nasri and Malouda are junk, Bendtner is nobody's idea of a meaningful footballer.

It's basically painful how uninspiring that England shirt is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
King to have further knee surgery

I hope he is doing what's best for his own health, we're getting to the point where we don't need to rely on him, with Kaboul/Dawson plus Caulker and Vertonghen potentially arriving. It's been painful watching him play during the last few months, he's struggling so badly. It's not worth it if it means crippling himself later in life.

I have no doubt that if he had working knees he would be the best defender in England.

Kean when asked if the fans are due an apology re: relegation

'no nobody has come and asked for an apology'

Our club is in tatters and we're being laughed at by him and his chums

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kean when asked if the fans are due an apology re: relegation

'no nobody has come and asked for an apology'

Our club is in tatters and we're being laughed at by him and his chums

It's amazing to me that no media outlet seems willing to actually investigate all the shady shit between him and the owners. The whole thing stinks. Nobody seems to want to come out and say how weird it all is.

I just watched, and got a few good photos of my favorite team (MLS! lol) just win 2-1 over Schalke 04 in a friendly :)

I know both teams didnt go hard each other but it was a great game, figured I'd share two good photos I snapped.

Huntelaar got smashed by our keeper, had to leave the game.
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/piikm/Chase.jpg[IMG]

Holtby kicked penalty kick off the crossbar.
[IMG]http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/piikm/nope.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be buying a Philly shirt then (already own a Chicago Fire one).

Nicely done :)

Salazar

It's amazing to me that no media outlet seems willing to actually investigate all the shady shit between him and the owners. The whole thing stinks. Nobody seems to want to come out and say how weird it all is.

And pretty much all of it reflects directly and terribly on the FA.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is this movie really that good? I saw another user saying it was the best film of the decade just yesterday. I gotta watch it now.
It's good, but it bored me to tears.
This ... is amazing. Juventus Club Indonesia scudetto party. Screw Las Vegas and Real, let's go to Indonesia!!!

EDIT: Another one. Haha, these guys are incredible! Must have been something like 4am over there.
sCfuo.gif
sCfuo.gif
sCfuo.gif

EDIT2: I'm sorry but ... indoors coreography?! Inteooooorista, ci sentiiii? This is crazy.
sCfuo.gif
Holy shit that's hardcore!
sCfuo.gif

The club thanked them publicly (via website) once!

I'm worried about Vucinic in Las Vegas

Carbonox

hahahaha. Greek shirt is pretty funny. Charisteas. lmfao. Good shit. :p

Charisteas...

If you can't score 100 goals as a striker by the time you retire, I think it's safe to say you're a pretty shit striker. He's only scored 70 goals in his career and he's 32. He won't reach that 100 mark. Hell, Shola Ameobi has only scored around 50 goals in his career (nearly 300 games). :p

Charisteas...

If you can't score 100 goals as a striker by the time you retire, I think it's safe to say you're a pretty shit striker. He's only scored 70 goals in his career and he's 32. He won't reach that 100 mark. Hell, Shola Ameobi has only scored around 50 goals in his career (nearly 300 games). :p

And yet Charisteas will have won more Euros at the end of his career than Cristiano Ronaldo. [/shrugs]

I don't mean to sound like a cock, and I do appreciate what Charisteas did for the Greek team in the 2004 euro. But that was 8 years ago. What did he do since then? Not that much really.

Most of the names on that shirt are actually dinosaurs tbh. Karagounis, Katsouranis, Salpigides.

I think they should all just stay home and save Greece some money, they'll need it to fund their upcoming 1000 elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom