• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

So... Puma next year.

BKBIR.jpg

Fuck them lol

What? The looks great. Like a sailor-style Japanese school girl uniform... :D

PaulLFC

Our home kit gets revealed at midnight, I'm looking forward to it. I'm surprised there's been no leaks so far, there usually is with new kits but Warrior appear to be good at keeping things secret.

If rumours are to be believed we are going back to the Liverbird badge rather than the current crest, which would be great (this one):

hpf-kit-tease_4fa94b9538967204056522.jpg

All we have so far are photoshopped guesses, although this one is supposedly pretty close to the rumoured design:

pROgw.jpg

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like Nesta is joining the New York Red Bulls. I enjoy seeing the team spend money on older marquee players while their trophy cabinet will most likely remain completely empty.

So... Puma next year.

Fuck them lol[/QUOTE]

Goddammit!
That has got to be fake though! Only one championship star???

also:

[QUOTE]The second team in Manchester are hoping to emerge from the shadow of neighbours Manchester City by signing 18-year-old Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez*. The only snag is that Borussia Dortmund want the youngster too and may insist on United pulling out of contention as a condition for selling United Shinji Kagawa. But maybe United don't really want the Chilean but just want Dortmund to think that they do so that United can then withdraw their interest and make it look like they've done Dortmund a favour. Yes, perhaps hanging around Roberto Mancini has made Ferguson better at this mind-games lark.
[/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/10/rumour-mill-arsenal-junior-hoilett[/url]

* [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnx9MuYAJ08[/url]

Girls' "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" is probably my favorite album from 2011. Second would be Destroyer's "Kaputt." Foster the People wouldn't even factor into my top 20 for last year.

Way behind, but I loved that Destroyer album. My favorite album from 2011 was M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, followed by Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver.

Messi

Thats cause it wasn't tightly wrapped around Malouda's body
There was a time when I wanted Malouda printed on a shirt. Oh god.

I felt the same way, its very basic.
It almost looked cheap to me. I'll only bother getting it if we manage to win the UCL and there's some type of special edition. Other than that, I'll wait until the end of the season and pick it up cheap.

Edit: Can I commend both of you on your avatars.

Nesta just had his last press conference a few minutes ago. He basically said that he can't keep up with Serie A pace, but that he also wants to play regularly.

He had an amazing career, won everything with us and a World Cup, and became one of the best CB of all time. He did A LOT of vital tackles in his 300+ matches: the best one is probably against Juve in the 2003 Champions League final in Manchester (minute 2:22 in this video).
Too bad he had quite a lot of injuries, he was often forced to stay away from the pitch for months. I guess I'll miss him. Ciao Sandro!

From today, we should see quite a lot of other players leave: Zambrotta, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gattuso, probably Van Bommel (it seems that he's waiting a new offer from Galliani before heading back to PSV) and Flamini (who may change his wage, from 5M to 2M). Basically, the last few players left from the Ancelotti age, who should've left a few years ago.

Slizz

Nesta should ride over to the MLS, he's physical enough still and doesn't need too much pace.

Patiently waiting for these Chelsea AC Milan tickets to go on sale in an hour and a half. It's so annoying they don't list prices prior to sale, so I have to wait for the tickets to go on sale just to view prices for seats...

Hixx

Nesta should ride over to the MLS, he's physical enough still and doesn't need too much pace.

Patiently waiting for these Chelsea AC Milan tickets to go on sale in an hour and a half. It's so annoying they don't list prices prior to sale, so I have to wait for the tickets to go on sale just to view prices for seats...

Someone in here said he was off to the NY Red Bulls?

He will, didn't say anything today about where he'll go, but it's almost certain that he'll play in New York next year.

So we can expect a lot of activity from Milan this transfer window?

That would be the logical expectation. Reality will be a bit different: as of today we have three new players (Acerbi, Montolivo and Traorè) which will arrive for free, and Galliani will probably have around 10-15M for the remaining transfers. I expect another midfielder and maybe the return of Paloschi from his loan, nothing more, nothing less.

He will, didn't say anything today about where he'll go, but it's almost certain that he'll play in New York next year.

That would be the logical expectation. Reality will be a bit different: as of today we have three new players (Acerbi, Montolivo and Traorè) which will arrive for free, and Galliani will probably have around 10-15M for the remaining transfers. I expect another midfielder and maybe the return of Paloschi from his loan, nothing more, nothing less.

What about any young players from the Youth squad or reserves. Any promising up and coming players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom