• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopen

I am waiting on the squad details and will be ordering my RvP Netherlands away jersey.. looks spectacular (most of the jeresys do actually, it's like kit manufacturers try for the international stage)

I'm weirdly alone in thinking the pool kit is shite

The keeper kit looks like something my primary school football team would wear

I like retro kits but this one sucks IMO

Not that I would buy one anyway so it doesn't matter

Anyone remember when villa and others had laces in the collars?

Carbonox

Newcastle still want Debuchy, especially as a replacement for Danny Simpson. We're also back in for Matuidi should Tiote leave. We're also supposedly still in for Cissokho. :lol

DAT LIGUE1 SPREE.

Wenger is said to be willing to make a substantial cash offer and is also willing to consider the use of a number of squad players in part exchange with the likes of the aforementioned Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamakh as possible inclusions in any deal to bring Kagawa to the Emirates Stadium.

lol keep your shit players, Wenger.

RVP + cash :p

Wc2010 was the most memorable summer ever for me. I'm definitely excited for Euro 2012

BEST SUMMER EVER

I'm quite excited, if only to see Spain and Germany lose the semis to England and Italy. Will be glorious.

I think that Spain will fall before semis.

Yes, it will be my first time watching the Euros (at least the full competition, since the start, etc)

For how long have you been watching football?

bjaelke

Fucking fuck. New Premier League broadcasting deal in Denmark and it's as terrible as ever.
Wc2010 was the most memorable summer ever for me. I'm definitely excited for Euro 2012
France 98. First time I went to see a tournament of that size. Still remember every second of Denmark's 2-3 game against Brazil.
I'm weirdly alone in thinking the pool kit is shite

The keeper kit looks like something my primary school football team would wear

I like retro kits but this one sucks IMO

Not that I would buy one anyway so it doesn't matter

Anyone remember when villa and others had laces in the collars?
I'm sorry it's not Championship quality. Too soon?
Fat+ginger=Tunnicliffe, I think.

Apologies.

Lightning

Banned
lol keep your shit players, Wenger.

RVP + cash :p
RVP + Cash for Kagawa? Are you high? Kagawa is no Mario Gotze...

RVP + Cash for Gotze and then I'm a happy man!!!! Fuck Kagawa... couldn't care less if he doesn't come to Arsenal as I have doubts whether he'll fit into the harshness of the PL anyway. Definitely wouldn't go any higher than 12-15mil for him.

WC 2010 was one of the most disappointing international tournaments I've seen. I was so hyped for it but I thought the tournament was poor. No classic matches for me. I can just about remember what happened in the semis.

Oxx

Euro 2008 was a lot of fun because England weren't involved.

I'm going to have to stop looking at newspapers and TV as soon as this summer's tournament gets going.

Or at least mentally filter-out words such as 'Hodgson', 'Terry', 'Rooney', and 'disgrace to the nation'.

WC 2010 was one of the most disappointing international tournaments I've seen. I was so hyped for it but I thought the tournament was poor. No classic matches for me. I can just about remember what happened in the semis.

Brazil-Holland, Uruguay-Ghana, Spain-Germany and Spain-Holland were matches full of tension.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Euro 2008 was a lot of fun because England weren't involved.

I'll always remember this tournament because I was in France at the Le Mans 24h race, and whenever I watched it on TV Wenger was doing match commentary. It was awesome.

choodi

Banned
Are you guys excited about the Euro?

I'm not as excited as I should be.

Overly excited.

Will be ordering my Greek jersey soon, trying to find somewhere online which will print names and numbers.

Was home from work sick and spent a good deal of the day trying to work out how I was going to watch the first two rounds of matches.

Setanta are broadcasting most of the games in Australia and you either need pay tv or an online subscription, both of which I don't want.

The rest of the matches will be fine as I will be traveling in El Salvador, then in the US. (I assume someone is broadcasting the games in the US, will just have to find a venue that is showing them.

Someone please tell me the tournament will be shown the US :-(

Ushojax

Final press conference at Spurs Lodge today. We move to our ultra-fancy new training complex this summer.

bjaelke said:
There's some doicare conspiracy right there. All I get from this article is the quality of the referees is utter shit.

Pretty much. I still can't believe there hasn't been an Arsenal penalty at the Emirates this season.

panty

Yayayayayayay

7ME1D.jpg

FvZ17.jpg

kPUvu.jpg

htUNe.jpg

Luis returning to Real!
not really :lol

Carbonox

Trust Ronaldo to roll his shorts up so they look tiny. Who likes short shorts? He likes short shorts (old pictures prove this too!).

So, Shinji. You better give us that DFB Pokal before you leave. I don't care for how much he goes if he scores 2 or more and we win.

Next year, Reus. I'm really looking forward to having him in the team.

Also, probably Felipe's last game, too :(. I want to see him at a nice club, Juve-GAF interested?

Ushojax

‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Huddlestone, Dawson and Jenas were out jogging earlier. Positive signs of their recovery. Bentley and Gomes are training now.

Aww-Yeah-meme.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom