• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WpeMg.jpg

SpfeL.jpg

ivT0m.jpg

He plays in Bundesliga and is cheap, he must be shit!
YoO20.jpg

tumblr_m3po0yp7Ri1r30r4xo1_500.gif

I just hope you guys are right about Pogba, if he decides to join us. I don't know how many potential cracks joined our ranks in the past few years and I have yet to see one make the first team and deserve to stay there, sigh. Fabio Paratici seems to know what he's doing, though.

Honestly, I trust Fabio's judgement more than Marotta's lol.

Oh they will. With torches and pitch forks.

Roger Johnson didn't look too good when asked about it

eLEu6.jpg

Wolves fans are pretty positive about it but still thinking it's somewhat of a gamble. But they all seem to be happier with a gamble than some old washed out British manager.

Pogba Marrone Verratti

Pirlo Marchisio Vidal

Come at me?

Soon to be one of the top 5 midfields in Europe? Just might be.

How would JuveGAF feel about a move for Bastos again in the LB role? In a 3-5-2 he'd be absolutely dominant. I'm not sure about his crossing ability and I think Paolino has the edge both in that and his defensive ability but against provincial squads he's fast enough to really stretch them out.

Also, is it true we're not going for Dzeko? Heard something about Conte not liking his style of striker (which I guess means no Berbatov either).

So Chelsea already got Courtois, Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne. Lots of rumors of trying to buy Fellaini, Hazard and mow Dembele too. Damn man, might as well buy the whole Belgian national team at this point.

Fry

I dont know how people dont get excited about international football. Surely friendlies are the worst thing ever, but the likes of World Cup, GODDAMN, theres nothing better.

Arnie

Never heard of that new Wolves manager before, is it the one WoodenLung always posts pictures of?

Just ordered my Lucas shirt.

The champion arrived in Berlin:
mmnBJl.jpg
lhKzol.jpg

It's funny that there's no one that can rock a suit lol. Schmelzer and Großkreutz look just totally out of place with it, Götze looks like some college party guy and Gündogan like some mafia boss. I guess Barrios and Santana look okay but yeah...

Carbonox

Gundogan looks boss.

In other news:

Sunday’s final home game for the Magpies saw 52,389 supporters watch Newcastle take on league leaders Manchester City in a crunch game for both teams.
It was the biggest attendance at the ground since 1976.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Salazar

I wonder what team Salazar will support, seeing as he is from Wales and lives in Australia (I think?) lol

I mean Negative Capability, that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason.

I will be in glorious suspension. This, that, the other - a little of everything, floating about. Like a disoriented prisoner of the golden age KGB interrogators.

Bayern Munich have 13,500 seats reserved in every league game for standing tickets at a cost of €15 each. They're owned by 130k members, who can watch games for €12.50 each. They also have 6,000 season tickets sold for just £100.

They're still raking it in, playing home grown stars, have the most beautiful ground in the world, boss kits and an entertaining brand of football.

I'm not a massive Bayern fan or anything but god damn that is how you run a football club. Just for this master plan they deserve to win the CL.

fuenf

The champion arrived in Berlin:
mmnBJl.jpg
lhKzol.jpg

It's funny that there's no one that can rock a suit lol. Schmelzer and Großkreutz look just totally out of place with it, Götze looks like some college party guy and Gündogan like some mafia boss. I guess Barrios and Santana look okay but yeah...

now thats swag:
556179_461516543865042_141973839152649_1987793_707811439_n.jpg

dont worry, though, your coach makes up for it:

Spox.com said:
Klopp auf die Frage ob sein Stachel poliert sei (eine spanische Zeitung titelte La Bestia Biene Maja): "Ich dachte bei einem Pokalfinale herrscht ein gewisses Nievau". Gelächter bei den Anwesenden Journalisten. "Dazu sag ich nix"

Wilbur

Banned
Grosskreutz's hair is disgraceful!

Anyway I've missed out on lots. Good appointment Wolves, I want lots of gifs. Not that excited about the Euros, don't think the quality of international football is as good as club. We won't get Kagawa guys, calling it now.

Salazar

We won't get Kagawa guys, calling it now.

I assume you have peered mystically at the remains of a kebab for some time before making this call.

We are clearly going to sign a proper fucking midfielder. Only professional miserabilists (u know who u are) would maintain substantial doubts about that.

bjaelke

In today's Kean news Steve Kean accuses the local journo of being negative all season:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9701259.Kean_defends_his_transfers/?

“We tried to get a squad that could stay in the leagues. I don’t want to comment about figures and what’s been decided on a financial plan, it was my job to manage the team and I can hold my head high and so can the players.”

Fuck
Off
You
Utter
Cunt

Did you read this Venky-biased article?

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/report_what-the-epl-mad-english-can-learn-from-us_1687156

Bumhead

Banned
Roger Johnson didn't look too good when asked about it

eLEu6.jpg

He couldn't give a shit, he's driving to Hillsborough to get a deal thrashed out with Dave Jones.

Apparently £250k will get Ranger out of Newcastle, too. Any of our Geordie lads know how much he's on a week?

PaulLFC

Just ordered my home shirt. The club have got a bit of a cheek charging 4 quid delivery when they're asking £45 for the shirt, but I did get a membership discount so it worked out £44.50 delivered for the shirt and the free t-shirt.

sohois

Baldini's confirmed that Enrique has quit. I'm expecting Capello to take over for next season.

I thought it was supposed to be AVB? edit:indeed, Valencia confirmed that the guy had already accepted a job somewhere, makes sense if it were Roma.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought it was supposed to be AVB?

I doubt they'll go from one new philosophy based on high pressing from a young coach that failed to another haha! AVB should go either back to Porto or to a team with smaller aspirations. He's still so young, no need to sabotage his career further

With the Dutch squad we're fielding I am excited but quite pissed off that we drew Germany in our group. What a load of shit that is....

It's a crazy group. On the positive side, they will be paired with a weak Group A if they get through.

The Dutch have enough to beat both Portugal and Denmark. Germany will be a crapshoot.

Carbonox

Wow. How old is he now?

I hope he comes back and helps out with younger players, you can tell his heart is in football. He'd be an asset to any team.

Edit: Just read he's managing Newcastle Benfield. What a legend!

37 years old.

In my top 5 favourite Newcastle players ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom