• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popped into the Nike store to see the new France home shirt. Damn it's a beaut. I have no idea why Nike are able to produce such fine international shirts but churn out lame designs for the club sides. It used to be that their club shirts were just boring templates, they're actually getting creative now, but producing some really tacky designs IMO.

I wish they used the France shirt template for a United kit.

Slizz

Just popped into the Nike store to see the new France home shirt. Damn it's a beaut. I have no idea why Nike are able to produce such fine international shirts but churn out lame designs for the club sides. It used to be that their club shirts were just boring templates, they're actually getting creative now, but producing some really tacky designs IMO.

I wish they used the France shirt template for a United kit.

arseapre.jpg

cbc68_manchester_united_5939918946_3b5f786dc5.jpg

nike-usa-home-2012.jpg

france-home.jpg

Horizontal stripes FTW

Facism

Gold Member
Just realised, whoever wins the Turkish league, a Juventus player will have won it too. Melo for GS, Ziegler for FB.

Slizz

Military collar FTW.

3 shades of gold FTW

Gold military button on sleeve FTW.

Unbelievable jersey.

Mine arrived yesterday in the mail. I haven't fallen in love this much with a jersey since Arsenal's 05-06 all redcurrant effort. They better do well in it.

Take some detail pics and post em man.

So Chelsea already got Courtois, Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne. Lots of rumors of trying to buy Fellaini, Hazard and mow Dembele too. Damn man, might as well buy the whole Belgian national team at this point.

Hope for Chelsea it won't happen. Belgian players never perform worse than when they play with fellow Belgians. Though Dembele and Fellaini are much safer bets than De Bruyne or Lukaku since they've played in the EPL for a couple years at least.

Just hope De Bruyne won't get panned like Lukaku next season because he doesn't have the quality to play in the EPL yet, he's a good kid and could do with 2-3 more years of maturing probably. The Belgian players who've succeeded in the EPL so far all played in an intermediate league first (Vermaelen & Dembele in Eredivisie, Kompany in Bundesliga).

The ones who joined directly from Belgian league failed miserably because the gap is too big(at the exception of Fellaini but he's a pretty strong guy). Witsel made the right choice it seems joining Benfica last summer, he's progressed loads there and he might be ready to go to the EPL or la Liga next season.

That France shirt man. FFFUUUU. I was so close to spending the £60 on it, it is so damn nice. Think I might have to SoccerTriads it but the damn fit is gonna be a problem, eugh.

That USA shirt is incredible. It's divine.

^^Why will the fit be a problem?

Dammit people. You're forcing me to spend more money on kits!

France w/ M'Vila on the back?

Ajax away.

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't love the new US kit.

How come no one is talking about Drenthe's accusation that Messi used a derogative racial slur against him? The Spanish FA should investigate, primarily going back to the alleged games and examining the video evidence.

When something similar happened here with Suarez, everyone was on it.

Wilbur

Banned
How come no one is talking about Drenthe's accusation that Messi used a derogative racial slur against him? The Spanish FA should investigate, primarily going back to the alleged games and examining the video evidence.

Because its about an incident that happened 500 years ago and Drenthe is a known cumstain. Why is he only coming out with it now?

Fady K

Totally agree with these choices, Mata has been immense.I haven't seen Piazon in action yet, hopefully on Sunday? Ramires is such a big loss for Munich, I hope we can cope without him...

He's easily one of the most promising Chelsea youngsters. Him, and Islam Feruz. Remember these names ;D I feel for the Ramires loss too :[ When the team is slow at times, his pace is exactly what we need. Shame that he won't be playing because of a horrible yellow card :(

All the right choices. Piazon is really, really good from what I've seen. He was on the bench twice for AVB but sadly never got into the game.

Agreed. Piazon played a very, very vital role in helping Chelsea win the youth cup this season. He must be given a chance soon, he's old enough to play a few games with the first team.

Hope Piazon gets a run this weekend the kid is really good.

There is nothing to gain or lose in the final game, hence it would be a perfect chance for the club to try him out.

So I'm playing Conan on PS3. Pretty mindless, but very entertaining hack and slash.

If it had multi/ coop it would have been fantastic

The game's got decent music! So many awesome hack and slash games to play though, you could do a lot better with today's choices ;D

Solbakken officially new Wolves manager

Very surprised about this. I would love it if he can bring them back the season after next.

Az

Super excited about this weekend. Starts saturday with my Lakers playing game 7 of their series, then sunday morning the Formula 1 race right before the ManCity game and Arsenal hopefully beating WestBrom.

Salazar

Drenthe is a known cumstain.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/footba...s-before-signing-evertons-real-madrid-loanee/

When it emerged in May 2009 that he was nailing Malena Gracia, two-time Spanish Playboy Cover Girl, there was only one person who wasn’t impressed by the news, Drenthe’s wife, who was pregnant with their second child. That’s right, Drenthe’s wife. This affair doesn’t even appear to be a one-off or a well-kept secret; when interviewed, Royston famously responded to the question, “How often do you have sex?” with the frankly unbelievable answer, “With my wife, you mean?”

Welp.

It actually gets rid of passes haha, I was on 107/114 and it deletes them. Stupid game.

I do wish they would keep more extended statistics. Like how many passes your team makes in a game, or your personal top goal scorers. How cool would it be to see that the player I've scored the most H2H goals with is Montano of Rennes, followed by Pitroipa of Rennes, followed by Gareth Bale, followed by Eden Hazard. It would be cool to see that kind of thing. Oh and fucking assists!!! This stuff would be immense in Pro Clubs.

Because its about an incident that happened 500 years ago and Drenthe is a known cumstain. Why is he only coming out with it now?

It wasn't a statement about the incident specifically. It was an interview in which he mentioned it. I don't see why it matters when it happened; how relevant is that when the accused is still playing in the same league with the same team.

I'm not defending infidelity, but what has this got to do with accusations of racism on the pitch? Are you implying that Drenthe is being dishonest?

^^Why will the fit be a problem?

Dammit people. You're forcing me to spend more money on kits!

France w/ M'Vila on the back?

Ajax away.

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't love the new US kit.
Because I'm pretty sure their "S" is actually a "M". It's 40" anyway, which does fit me, but is a little bit loose and I like my shirts, not tight, but well fitted.

Doesn't matter really, if he is willing to make a serious allegation and speak to the relevant people about it, it should be investigated.

I think it hasn't been yet because he just made the remarks in an off the cuff interview rather than to the relevant association.

Seep

Because it doesn't fit the medias agenda. See the John Terry case the F.A. wanted QPR to form a guard of honour to clap him onto the field WTF?

Clegg

I think we should put a stop to all the Kagawa talk in this thread. We all know that the transfer story is going to drag on for a few more weeks .

And when he signs for Arsenal we can move on and it won't bother us in the slightest.

Right?

faridmon

Heitenga have been chosen for the player of the year:
efc__1336690772_heit.jpg

Deserve it too. He has been rock solid and the way he just made the midfield so composed and comfortable was great. It is because of him we have made a great leap the second half of the season and some of his passing plays through the middle have been helpful. After the dodgy season he had after the WC, where he got the red card in the final, I had my doubts about him and had the opinion of the club to sell him, but he kept us in the game and kept 10 clean sheets out of 20 and he had the responsibility of the defence as Jagielka and Distin were both out injured. Playing Duffy in defence was quite risky, but Johnny made it possible.

Also, Apostolos Vellios won the best young player of the year. He was also immense where he was our top scorer for a while, just playing 6 games, only 1 from start. Hopefully he develops further this summer and plays more regularly next season.
efc__1336687988_Vellios-large.jpg

That, and Neville wins the best goal of the season with a brace against West Brom in the carling cup with a great assist from Derenthe which you can see it here

efc__1336690239_Nev-BBB.jpg

More pics from the event:
Adam Foreshaw winning the reserve player of the year
efc__1336687220_Hallam-Hope.jpg

Sylvian Distin wins the players player award (I am not sure about him this year, but sure why not?)
efc__1336687962_Distin-large.jpg

All the winners including (the hot) Rachel Brown winning the Everton Ladies player of the year and Hallam Hope winning the academy player of the year:

efc__1336691178_group-small.jpg

From the cermony:
zp_JJG_2085_8434.jpg

And Barkely <3
efc__1336511978_ross-award.jpg

Extra: The meighty Heitenga answering fans on the interweb this morning:
efc__1334059772_john.jpg

Carbonox

The Man City one is easy on the eyes but there is nothing remotely nice about the Ireland ones. Seems to be a consistent issue as well as I've never seen a nice Ireland shirt. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom