• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is common to call 'negros' to black people here in Spain. It's not offensive by itself, but we have an image of being a racist country, specially in England.

Arnie

2010: Bayern Munich lose the Champions League final, Manchester United finish second in the league, Chelsea win the FA Cup, Tottenham snatch fourth place, Blackpool win the play-off final, Atletico Madrid win the Europa League. PRETTY SPOOKAY YOU GUYS.

8|

spidye

Bayern Munich have 13,500 seats reserved in every league game for standing tickets at a cost of €15 each. They're owned by 130k members, who can watch games for €12.50 each. They also have 6,000 season tickets sold for just £100.

They're still raking it in, playing home grown stars, have the most beautiful ground in the world, boss kits and an entertaining brand of football.

I'm not a massive Bayern fan or anything but god damn that is how you run a football club. Just for this master plan they deserve to win the CL.

447px-Manlytears3.jpg

2010: Bayern Munich lose the Champions League final, Manchester United finish second in the league, Chelsea win the FA Cup, Tottenham snatch fourth place, Blackpool win the play-off final, Atletico Madrid win the Europa League. PRETTY SPOOKAY YOU GUYS.

Real Madrid didn't win shit and Barcelona won La Liga.

Blablurn

dont jinx it!!!

I hate stuff like this.

On the subject of shirts I really want a Aguero Argentina shirt. Only question is, home or away:

18724.jpg

18722.jpg

The away is a beautiful kit.

Two south Americans said the same word, the only difference is one happened in England and one didn't.

I'd say sneaky77 and Spanish Wrath covered some of the nuances pretty amply. Both native Spaniards.

The English FA did.. but this was not in England. Is not like I thought the 8 match ban was deserved, but I can see how a translation into English may make it worse.

either way, we're not going to agree about language nuances in here so, whatever. I don't particularly care if Messi gets a ban, just saying that saying negro in spanish is not a slur. I seriously doubt the Madrid players using it in practice are saying racial slurs against their own teammates.

It is common to call 'negros' to black people here in Spain. It's not offensive by itself, but we have an image of being a racist country, specially in England.

White PL badge. Rooney lied. He's given up.

I don't like the black colour. But I'm glad we don't have those dumb red socks. United wear black socks and that's the way it should be.

I don't like it. Just looks a bit silly really.

Dave's shirt;

Asn7g4PCEAArgnA.jpg

pappe

Roy hodgson takes on a high profile managerial job.

Fady K

Chelsea beating Bayern Munich at the Allianz without Ramires, Ivanovic, and *cough* Terry *cough*? I know they beat Barcelona but, they did have 2 of the above 3, and they were vital.

operon

You really should read that damn report the FA put online. It's not that simple and the report clearly takes into account the tone and manner it was said in. Still not sure if you are trolling, dense or both but here you go :

There is much more but I suggest you instead of me quoting 115 pages. The RAWK summary probably wasn't good. Quite clearly it's not just a matter of "did he say negro or not".

"You know what bothers me so? That tone with which he always says, 'negro, negro'. I understand that negro in South America is very common, but we cannot stand it.

Drenthe understood how trivial the word can be in South America and suggests here that it wasn't the word that bothered him, but rather the tone in which he [Messi] used it in, which made it clear to him that it was being used as a derogative.

How have you come to that conclusion? I said earlier the videos of the matches in question should be examined to determine whether there is supportive evidence. If none is found, then you can say there is 'no evidence'. Unless of course you've already done yourself

Some serious backpedalling going on here

pulga

Banned
Give it up guys, nothings gonna come out of the Messi-Drenthe thing, simply for the fact that Messi is Messi and no one is gonna get up in his shit.

Arnie

That United shirt's not as horrible as I first imagined, nor as appalling as the leaked images made out. The tartan effect is a degree more subtle than the leaked images too. Keeper kit looks nice.

pappe

Chelsea beating Bayern Munich at the Allianz without Ramires, Ivanovic, and *cough* Terry *cough*? I know they beat Barcelona but, they did have 2 of the above 3, and they were vital.
Who do Chelsea have as CB? No terry, no Ivan,Luiz and Cahill are a doubt . What if they don't recover?

Arnie

God I feel strange that I actually don't mind the kit, whilst everyone else dislikes it.

Perhaps I'm too won over by new designs to actually judge them. I mean, our new one isn't anything spectacular but the new badge alone pushed me to buy it. I quite like our old home kit when it was announced but I soon grew to despise it through constant wear, it just didn't feel right. For me how it feels when you're playing in it is as big a factor when deciding how much you rate it.

To be fair I can see Phil Jones slipping up to concede a goal in it though.

Bumhead

Banned
Can't work out what I make of that United kit. I liked it in the promotional shots but on Rio it looks awful. Not sure why.

Keeper kit is okay.

This is one of the rare instances in which the sponsor actually helps the shirt. I hate sponsors usually they wreck what could be beautiful kits but this time it covers about 10% of the shirt so it's doing a good job.

Do we know what the United away kit will look like?
Same but blue.

Can't work out what I make of that United kit. I liked it in the promotional shots but on Rio it looks awful. Not sure why.
Same. I was hoping it'd be a pleasant surprise but nah, not feeling it.

defel

The United kit looks nice to me.

They have to make each kit look distinctly different so people can justify purchasing the latest design.

Carbonox

So Juventus GAF, do you think Eljero Elia would be a good signing for Newcastle? I know he's had a torrid time at Juventus this season but I do recall him being a promising player. Maybe Dutch GAF will know more about him though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really like the United kit. I must have a mental disorder going by some of the reactions on here.

Zabojnik

So Juventus GAF, do you think Eljero Elia would be a good signing for Newcastle? I know he's had a torrid time at Juventus this season but I do recall him being a promising player. Maybe Dutch GAF will know more about him though.

I ... have no idea, actually. Could be more than a decent winger, but apparently he's no use at all when it comes to defending. Which is a big no-no for Conte. At least that's what we imagine, same goes for Krasic. We basically never saw him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom