• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
If i may add my 2cents. Even as a Bayern fan i have to admit that i like Kagawa as a football player. 2years ago, when Dortmund bought him and he played his first games in the qualification rounds of the Europa League, he was the star of a Cinderella story. Back then nobody could even imagine how succesful he or Dortmund would be, seeing him thrive at Dortmund was a little bit like watching Captain Tsubasa. I thought that he'd be forever grateful that Dortmund gave him a shot and would always play for them. I mean eventhough he was nothing more than a project Klopp trusted him and build him up as a football player. It's really sad/illogical to see him move on.

Yes. Very bad way to pay, to Klopp and the club, the confidence they had on him, they gave him a chance in the european football (worldwide scene). Also, like the dortmund
asshole :p
fan said, he's just 23 he should stick around for a couple of years more at least! We all know how it went for Sahin in a very similar scenario.

If I was a player I would obviously want to play in one of the top teams, but Dortmund right now is one of those(!). I'm guessing they will at least pass the group stage next season in the CL, and well I would rather play there than being a bench player on a "bigger" side.

Fry

Yes. Very bad way to pay, to Klopp and the club, the confidence they had on him, they gave him a chance in the european football (worldwide scene). Also, like the dortmund
asshole :p
fan said, he's just 23 he should stick around for a couple of years more at least! We all know how it went for Sahin in a very similar scenario.

If I was a player I would obviously want to play in one of the top teams, but Dortmund right now is one of those(!). I'm guessing they will at least pass the group stage next season in the CL, and well I would rather play there than being a bench player on a "bigger" side.

Kagawa would be leaving a club that is on top to a club that isn't on top anymore. Honestly, Borussia has a better squad and a younger manager. Any player in their right mind would stay there.

Salazar

Yar, MUFC are spiralling, spiralling down, the empire is in pieces.

And don't forget evil, for trying to buy a player when all season even folks who hate us have been screaming at us to buy.

There are few things that can top listening to a jamming tune while lying in your bed with your eyes closed. Only you and the orgasmic notes coming through the earphones.

Arnie

Music's like McDonalds. It's not very wholesome or filling, it doesn't require much talent to reproduce, and most of all, it's completely accessible. Millions of people eat McDonalds everyday and enjoy it at the time, but that doesn't make it good food. I'll eat McDonalds and enjoy it, and I'll listen to music and enjoy it.

Yar, MUFC are spiralling, spiralling down, the empire is in pieces.
Not until Ferguson leaves. Then it's 'hold onto ya butts' time.

Going to have a late night cuppa and a sandwich to spark this mind into action.

Oh, and can we agree that David Bowie is the pinnacle of all music. I've got a vivid memory of going into my mum's bedroom when I was about 6, hearing 'changes' playing and dancing my arse off. Listening to 'Heroes' now with my headphones cranked up I get the same feeling.

PaulLFC

Is anyone getting Dragons Dogma?

Seems to be getting decent reviews.
It's on my Lovefilm rental list, I haven't followed the development enough to know if I really, definitely want it and as usual with UK games, it'll be 20 quid in a couple of weeks because it's not CoD or FIFA.

WJD

Oh, and can we agree that David Bowie is the pinnacle of all music. I've got a vivid memory of going into my mum's bedroom when I was about 6, hearing 'changes' playing and dancing my arse off. Listening to 'Heroes' now with my headphones cranked up I get the same feeling.

No.

edit: I was going to post a link to some Jeff Buckley here but I know you'd have just ripped it apart and left me feeling cold and empty inside.

Music's like McDonalds. It's not very wholesome or filling, it doesn't require much talent to reproduce, and most of all, it's completely accessible. Millions of people eat McDonalds everyday and enjoy it at the time, but that doesn't make it good food. I'll eat McDonalds and enjoy it, and I'll listen to music and enjoy it.
Musical quality isn't only limited to your McDonalds comparison. Once in a while there's a track or an album worthy of a Michelin star. This restaurant however has a menu that won't appeal to the masses like a fast food joint would, but if you can enjoy a Terrine of baby beetroot, buffalo mozzarella, horseradish sorbet or maybe even a Warm oak-smoked confit of salmon, cucumber and wasabi instead of a hamburger and a milkshake, then you're in for a treat.

ATF487

This so bad. It's 75% waiting around, 15% new stuff that you don't want to hear, 5% 'sing it yourself' and 5% going just to let everyone else know you've 'seen them live'.

I did see New Order in Manchester a few weeks ago, however.

Also, that 'festivaling' is an actual word irritates me greatly.

I don't think I could see New Order without Peter Hook. My favorite thing about JD/NO might be his bass lines.

Arnie m8 I love reading your opinions but only because I think totally differently. People always ask whether or not you'd prefer to be blind or deaf, and I always say blind. I can't imagine life without music

Scum

another fucking hell

fucking hell I hate exam time. I could be out but instead I'm stuck in my room sipping Jack & Coke and attempting to critique Parliamentary sovereignty in the modern United Kingdom.

AND the football season finishes tomorrow

You know where your priorities lie, don't you...

Arnie

It's amazing how fresh and innovative Burton and Depp have managed to stay over the ears.

I actually laughed when Helena Bonham Carter popped up in the Dark Shadows trailer. Then I wept as I realised millions of people will actually pay to watch this.

Clegg

I bet some of you people think Johnny Depp is a good actor.

I think he can be a good actor. But he seems to be phoning it in these days, especially with the Pirates movies. He was genuinely entertaining in the first one but I didn't really enjoy any of the sequels.

He should also stop doing movies with Tim Burton.

Yen

I think he can be a good actor. But he seems to be phoning it in these days, especially with the Pirates movies. He was genuinely entertaining in the first one but I didn't really enjoy any of the other ones.

He should also stop doing movies with Tim Burton.

He's nowhere near De Niro levels though.

Kyoufu

Agreed ^

Get hyped for tomorrow guys. So much potential drama in the last day of the season.

Though personally I'm not expecting anything. Damn London clubs :(

Clegg

He's nowhere near De Niro levels though.

It pains me to see how bad De Niro and Pacino have become.

Pacino was good in Scent of a Woman and since then he's tried to do better than that performance.

Unfortunately all he does is SHOUT REALLY LOUD.

And Johnny Depp wishes he could have had a career half as illustrious as Pacino or De Niro.

Fry

Ribery's goal: (stealing it shamelessly from tumblr)

tumblr_m3xk8hHLpp1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Yen

Hell no, De Niro may have just phoned it in for the last few years, but his portfolio is incredible. Depp's done one or two good films. He was the best thing in POTC though.

Undoubtedly, he's one of the best actors of all time, but he hasn't been in a good film since the late 90s.

GorillaJu

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that they're very immature and unrefined, I'd still regard Portal as a greater artistic achievement than any song in history.

Dude aren't you like 18? You're a high school student for fuck's sakes. Still a baby, and you're talking about a video game you just happened to have played being a better artistic achievement than any song in history, of which there are millions. And until a week ago you had never even listened to a Bob Dylan song! You're talking out your ass I'm afraid.

Then again, I think I remember saying a bunch of pretentious and wrong things when I was 18, too.

Scum

Agreed ^

Get hyped for tomorrow guys. So much potential drama in the last day of the season.

Though personally I'm not expecting anything. Damn London clubs :(

Newcastle win, Arsenal draw and my beloved Spurs lose. Rumours of Modric and Bale to Chelsea and Man City/Barca crop up...

3rd Arsenal
4th Newcastle
5th Spurs

...then Chelsea win the CL.

:-(

Ashes

Banned

Now, you're just trolling. :p

Clegg

The food at the wedding was disappointing.

Someone give me good Kagawa news.

SAF and Mike Phelan were at the Dortmund game.

So we can probably deduce that he at least knows who Kagawa is.

I think we're in for him. We'll just have to see who he signs for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom