• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Dude aren't you like 18? You're a high school student for fuck's sakes. Still a baby, and you're talking about a video game you just happened to have played being a better artistic achievement than any song in history, of which there are millions. And until a week ago you had never even listened to a Bob Dylan song! You're talking out your ass I'm afraid.

Then again, I think I remember saying a bunch of pretentious and wrong things when I was 18, too.

If I revealed what I was currently listening to on Spotify I fear a few of you would have a prolapse.

Say what you will about Depp but he owns the jack sparrow role

I'm a big film fan but I have a soft spot for Disney and its parks so I love the potc series for its references to the ride

I'm trying to go tick some more of the imdb top 250 off at the mo

Oh and as for music I do like music just not a live music fan particulary, don't have a favourite band though my iPhone is terrible in its randomness I have eveything from odd songs by the beach boys (sloop John b), alter bridge (metalingus) and leanord Cohen (hallelujah) to loads of school disco 80s shit to loads of Disney soundtracks and ironically after my slagging off of live music I have all of the live lounge and Boyce avenue covers.

Right just for fun the first 5 songs on a random shuffle are:

Kids in glass houses - Hollywood (ll cover)
Lady gaga - disco heaven (forgot to tell you I love the gaga)
Frankie goes to hollywood - relax
The point of no return - phantom of the opera
Lil Wayne - got money

I've just ordered the top 40 albums, comps and singles actually on mp3 to update the wife's iPhone

Kyoufu

Newcastle win, Arsenal draw and my beloved Spurs lose. Rumours of Modric and Bale to Chelsea and Man City/Barca crop up...

3rd Arsenal
4th Newcastle
5th Spurs

...then Chelsea win the CL.

:-(

Would be better if Arsenal lose too... :)

Don't think anyone is expecting either teams to lose though.

Arnie

I honestly think City will bottle it tomorrow.

United don't have a great record up at Sunderland though so it might not matter.

GorillaJu

If I revealed what I was currently listening to on Spotify I fear a few of you would have a prolapse.

I wouldn't, because nothing you say or do shocks me. I was probably a very similar person when I was your age, and I made similarly stupid arguments.

You'll grow out of it.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robin-van-persies-wife-bouchra-830189
RVP's wife talking about how happy they are in London and how much they love Arsenal. I still wince when I hear that dreaded end of season talk though.
To think this could be RVP's last game for us and it could end with us missing out on the CL? I am so nervous I don't know if I can stand to even watch the game.

Certainly good news in that article but this West Brom is so important, really really important.

Scum

Would be better if Arsenal lose too... :)

Don't think anyone is expecting either teams to lose though.

I am. It's just the kind of crap I really expect to happen. Someone is going to get screwed out of CL footie next season, and it will be cruel. :-/

Blackhead

Redarse
Newcastle win, Arsenal draw and my beloved Spurs lose. Rumours of Modric and Bale to Chelsea and Man City/Barca crop up...

3rd Arsenal
4th Newcastle
5th Spurs

...then Chelsea win the CL.

:-(
I'm almost willing to believe that the Spurs players have been throwing games and are only too willing to finish 5th so that Levy is forced to sell. It's ridiculous how many opportunities they've thrown away to claim 3rd. I expected Arsenal to falter in the run-in but those fixtures where Spurs dropped points are inexcusable.

Hixx

I am. It's just the kind of crap I really expect to happen. Someone is going to get screwed out of CL footie next season, and it will be cruel. :-/

iSPMozhLPtB3w.gif

rodvik

At least we can all agree that film is the highest form of art, right? RIGHT?

Lowest.

Art forms by importance

Literature>Painting>Poetry>Music>Sculpture>Dance>Drama>Song>Architecture

I put games above movies, comics, radio , graffiti & TV by a long shot but folks can have their own order. Movies do not deserve a place at the high table yet maybe they will make it one day, my hunch is interactive art (ie: games) will get there first.

WJD

Lowest.

Art forms by importance

I put games above movies, comics, radio , graffiti & TV by a long shot but folks can have their own order. Movies do not deserve a place at the high table yet maybe they will make it one day, my hunch is interactive art (ie: games) will get there first.

horrified-scary-movie.gif

Messi

Lowest.

Art forms by importance

tumblr_lrcrz2sG5i1qf0ev7o3_400.gif

That was literally my reaction, food included.

Meh, I need to reread my posts three times now to check if I'm making grammar/spelling mistakes. Serious case of reading comprehension here, where would I've been without the spellchecker in my browser? Anyway, I'm starting to get really nervous for the games tomorrow, can't be over soon enough.

And now I'm off, listening to a music album you guys probably haven't heard of before. Good night.

/hipster

ATF487

Fuck. I should have gone to the Montreal Impact vs LA Galaxy game.

60,000 people filled the stadium.

Montreal FTW.

I love seeing stuff like this.

I want to visit Montreal again too. I don't think I could afford Bruins/Habs tickets or the Canadian Grand Prix, but maybe Revs/Impact..

GQman2121

Banned
I'm rooting for Newcastle to somehow take third. They deserve it after the season they've put together. Plus, I would love to see both north London clubs scramble to hold on to their top players this summer.

Facism

Gold Member
yeh fucking shameful display after that game.

Playoff was such a stupid idea. The derby games already hit boiling point. At least gala got the title they deserved.

So Fergie was there tonight huh? Away from the team the day before the game tmrw, sure sign he's interested in somebody on that pitch! Schweinsteiger to United? =P

On a more serious note Fergie has been to see players lately more often than I can ever remember. Went to the Lille game a few weeks ago and now been to see Dortmund and Crewe where Powell plays who we apparently want.

Let's hope we get some of these targets.

Also wow Dortmund are owning Bayern so hard. Bayern have nothing on them right now. Congrats Dortmund fans a double this season, comfortably the best team in the Bundesliga, must feel good.

Ashes

Banned
Lowest.

Art forms by importance

Did you just miss the last century? Film is already there. I see that you haven't heard of plays either. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom