• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Is that Alex Morgan?

Nope.

c3y0w.gif

Salazar

Hodgson is a twat if he has Crouch and Carroll ahead of Holt.

And what Milner and Downing have done to earn a spot in the squad I do not know.

elsk

Banned
Hopefully they wont still have low morale for the CL final.

That is a shocking score line though...

I don't know, last meltdown was losing against Neverkusen 2-0 or something like that, and then we scored 7-0 in like 3 games in a row.

sohois

Does anyone really expect Hodgson to make brave choices, to abandon the England old guard and ignore the mediocre players at the big teams?

Fry

Beckham did this last night in Montreal.

http://www.abload.de/img/becksfreekickudixh.gif[img]

23 yards they say.[/QUOTE]

Just posting it from a different angle:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iJbWvfdriHazQ.gif

Awesome fk, he's probably up there with Juninho by now.

rodvik

Some time this coming week.

Ah. Yeah if Downing makes the squad then Hodgson is clueless. Up front is a real dilemma thugh tbf to Roy.

Bent is probably out. Holt is old but in form, Crouch is old and in medium form but has better experience. Rooney must be picked but cant play all games. Carroll is a real wild card. I woudnt pick him.

After that its slim pickings. I wouldnt pick gabby. He is in really bad shape right now.

DominoKid

Proceed with caution, tabloid news incoming...

So apparently Jermaine Defoe cheated on his girlfriend with this lovely lady:
http://i.imgur.com/tXNbI.jpg[IMG]

Oh dear.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i2xfeIb3FhNpM.gif

on another note, if City somehow blow it and United wins the title, I don't know that I'll even be happy to be honest. yeah it's nice to add another one but it'd feel so undeserved after blowing such a large lead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*few pages late*

Damn you guys have high standards for everything! How can you enjoy life like that :p

I watch the shittiest movies and listen to the shittiest music, you know why? Because it's fun! (alright it's an exaggeration)

....but I avoid shitty games because I'm not made out of money :p

Zabojnik

Well, it's 8:10am and I can already feel the sadness creeping in. Scudetto party, but more importantly today is Del Piero's last game at the Juventus Stadium. I'll try not to lose it completly, since there's still the Coppa Italia finale with the Capitano to look forward to ...

Ashes

Banned
*few pages late*

Damn you guys have high standards for everything! How can you enjoy life like that :p

I watch the shittiest movies and listen to the shittiest music, you know why? Because it's fun! (alright it's an exaggeration)

....but I avoid shitty games because I'm not made out of money :p

I really don't have any standards. Just as likely to read the hunger games as to To the lighthouse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, it's 8:10am and I can already feel the sadness creeping in. Scudetto party, but more importantly today is Del Piero's last game at the Juventus Stadium. I'll try not to lose it completly, since there's still the Coppa Italia finale with the Capitano to look forward to ...

He's staying for one more year. Agnelli will make it right!

*still in denial*

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So 'The old lady' lifts the scudetto on mother's day.

I'll get my coat.

BlabLrun said:
hoeneß should get a fucking defender.

this team, man. this team.

Madrid and Bayern both need proper defenders. It stopped being funny two years ago :p

Well, it's still funny as a neutral but you know what I meant.

Blablurn

So 'The old lady' lifts the scudetto on mother's day.

I'll get my coat.

Madrid and Bayern both need proper defenders. It stopped being funny two years ago :p

Well, it's still funny as a neutral but you know what I meant.

yeah, i get u. its the inconsistency which makes me angry. we can win 6:1 in one game and lose the next game 5:2. what the fuck. this is not bayern like. but to be honest. i have no idea who we should buy. im just done here. fucking devastated.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The day of reckoning is at hand!

I've never been this nervous before.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yeah, i get u. its the inconsistency which makes me angry. we can win 6:1 in one game and lose the next game 5:2. what the fuck. this is not bayern like. but to be honest. i have no idea who we should buy. im just done here. fucking devastated.

Either way, fire Nerlinger. Preferably over Facebook after a cheeky countdown.

Lightning

Banned
What a quote from RVP!!!

"A win, any win, even an ugly win — I will take that for sure. Just so long as we get third spot. I will do everything and anything to make sure we do.

"You know what? All the goals I have scored this season, all the awards I have won — I would trade them all in an instant for us to win today.

"What’s the point in achieving all that personal success if your team fails? Football is a team game and if my team fails then I have failed."

Go RVP!!!!!

Messi

What a quote from RVP!!!

"A win, any win, even an ugly win — I will take that for sure. Just so long as we get third spot. I will do everything and anything to make sure we do.

"You know what? All the goals I have scored this season, all the awards I have won — I would trade them all in an instant for us to win today.

"What’s the point in achieving all that personal success if your team fails? Football is a team game and if my team fails then I have failed."

Go RVP!!!!!

Classy, i'd love to see arsenal get 3rd and Newcastle get 4th.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You should know better Lightning, that quote actually reads "I want be with a team that isn't dependant on me to win".

"I want to leave them on a high note"

edit: Don't worry, Lightning. He's staying for one more cigar ;)

Rad-

Sir Alex has reacted to the suggestion that he should be looking to invest in a holding midfielder during the close season.

The Manchester United boss has explained that he has never used a player to fill that specific role and cited Barcelona’s former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas as evidence that the most effective performers in the middle of the park need not be destroyers.

“If you look at the examples, Fabregas was one of the best midfield players in England for five years but he wasn’t a big lad and wasn’t a holding player,” said Sir Alex. “He was an attacking player. Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta are small players – you can’t call them holding players.

"I don’t think we’ve had a holding player since I’ve been here. We’ve never had a holding player.

“We tried to get Roy Keane to do that but he just couldn’t do it. He had to play a way that was his own way of playing, so I’ve not had it for 25 years. Why should I think about it now?”

In terms of midfield options, the manager expects Michael Carrick to build on a fine personal campaign and flourish with increased responsibility in the coming years.

“I think Michael Carrick has had his best season at the club,” he added. “I’m very hopeful now he will have an authority that will stand us in good stead for the next two or three years. That will be an important role for Michael, to replace Paul Scholes in that department.

“I always think he starts the season slowly but when we started putting him and Scholes together all the time, it’s a sensible combination in terms of both using the ball and their ability to take the ball. It gave us a central part of the pitch that was very strong.

"I haven’t seen them over-run. Against [Manchester] City, they were the best two players we had."

Fergie just killed every holding midfielder transfer rumour there is and/or will ever be.

Manager

Fffff..... this is gonna be the longest day ever.

Hodgson is a twat if he has Crouch and Carroll ahead of Holt.

And what Milner and Downing have done to earn a spot in the squad I do not know.

Milner is a fantastic squad member. Model professional. On the pitch he's also very useful since he can play (very well) both winger and central midfielder, capable both offensively and defensively.

He's not world class, he knows it, Roy knows it, but it would be stupid to not let him come with. He'd be good against teams like Sweden, where he can run non-stop and just break down the other team.

I'm just interested, could you name the 9-10 other midfielders that is better than him?

What is it announced?

Agree on Holt. Had a great season.

Wednesday 1PM.

Can't believe Defoe cheated on his mrs with Peter Kay

Oh and GAF I'm unwittingly wearing my 'why always me' t shirt today

Looks like I'm one of the first on the city glory train

Salazar

Alright, Manager, he can have a spot in the squad. It's got to the point where ruling out players who have done fuck-all just isn't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom