• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Can't believe Defoe cheated on his mrs with Peter Kay

Oh and GAF I'm unwittingly wearing my 'why always me' t shirt today

Looks like I'm one of the first on the city glory train

Become a City fan on the last day of the season when they are likely to become champions?

I approve sir, I approve.

I hope rovers get dicked today I don't want Kean to have anything to crow over

Also there's an infamous rovers fan on the Internet called vinjay, he's been banned from every forum over the years for being a nutter

A few months ago he went to ewood midweek and forced his way into the offices

Anyway he's now back on twitter and he's a city fan, just like that, he always admitted to being a rovers fan after 1995, how can people do that?

He's on bluemoon I think as well

bjaelke

Also there's an infamous rovers fan on the Internet called vinjay, he's been banned from every forum over the years for being a nutter

Anyway he's now back on twitter and he's a city fan, just like that, he always admitted to being a rovers fan after 1995, how can people do that?

I guess this joke makes sense now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fight for third:

Udinese: Need at least a draw to qualify
Lazio: Beat Inter and hope Udinese lose.
Napoli: Win, hope Udinese lose and Lazio draw/lose.
Inter: Beat Lazio, Udinese lose and Napoli draw/lose

GO Udinese!

rodvik

He didnt leave the club the club left him.

Might be the way he sees it. So he is off to another club near where he lives (presumably).

I dont approve but I have cast a fond look towards Kidderminster Harriers a few times this season I have to say.

Manager

Alright, Manager, he can have a spot in the squad. It's got to the point where ruling out players who have done fuck-all just isn't feasible.

Are you saying Milner has done fuck-all? He's played 26 PL matches (40 total) this season for the table-leading team...

dc89

Are you saying Milner has done fuck-all? He's played 26 PL matches (40 total) this season for the table-leading team...

Milner is awesome. When he's called upon he performs, and when he's not required he still gets on with it, quietly. You never hear about him making a fuss or complaining.

He was awesome at Old Trafford this season.

Manager

Milner is awesome. When he's called upon he performs, and when he's not required he still gets on with it, quietly. You never hear about him making a fuss or complaining.

He was awesome at Old Trafford this season.

Unfortunately, he got a lot of shit from me and others when Mancini played him together with De Jong and Barry. Thankfully, Mancini has understood that you can't have three such defensive players on the pitch at the same time (but it took him two years). And I've understood that it wasn't his fault he was so invisible with that formation.

btw, would you agree that Barry has gotten much more "movable" (forgot the word) at the second half of this season? Seems to have lost a couple of kg's (he was nowhere fat before though) and is just running in full speed much more now, with and without the ball.

Anyway, Milner might play with either Barry or Parker but I wouldn't recommend having all three on at the same time. But, on the other hand, England can't exactly pull out a Silva/Aguero/Tevez out of their ass to replace him either....

dc89

Yes. Yes I am. You drove me to it.

We give players credit for being good on the bench ?

Well it was made out every player at City is ere for themselves and money and they don't care about the club, the fans or each other.

So when a player who knows his role and sometimes that is sitting on a bench, just gets on with it yeah, I think he should be acknowledged. Plus, it's a huge middle finger to the media which painted them as mercs.

Manager

We give players credit for being good on the bench ?

No you're right, everyone should totally do like Tevez.

Zabaleta is another model professional. He's now getting insane amounts of praise in the press and from City for being such a good sport previous years. He kept quiet, worked hard, and now he's taken the first spot away from Richards. I think he can become City's Zanetti (maybe not as good talent).

edit
Well
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1539477/index.html

dc89

Unfortunately, he got a lot of shit from me and others when Mancini played him together with De Jong and Barry. Thankfully, Mancini has understood that you can't have three such defensive players on the pitch at the same time (but it took him two years). And I've understood that it wasn't his fault he was so invisible with that formation.

btw, would you agree that Barry has gotten much more "movable" (forgot the word) at the second half of this season? Seems to have lost a couple of kg's (he was nowhere fat before though) and is just running in full speed much more now, with and without the ball.

Anyway, Milner might play with either Barry or Parker but I wouldn't recommend having all three on at the same time. But, on the other hand, England can't exactly pull out a Silva/Aguero/Tevez out of their ass to replace him either....

I've always said Barry is under rated. His distribution has massively improved and he's an assassin. So he gets extra marks.

Christopher Samba is a merc.

I wonder how his game is developing at Anzhi.

Not too well I imagine, he's faced racial abuse I think. But that's what happens I guess when you go to places like that.

Yaya said that black players love the PL cause racism is very few and far between.

Speaking of Yaya - happy birthday!!!!!

Manager

I've always said Barry is under rated. His distribution has massively improved and he's an assassin. So he gets extra marks.

Yes, he's always been underrated. Silva last week named him player of the season. Every manager keeps playing him. Yet he gets all the shit.

BUT, there are formations where he's really not fitting. With Yaya or De Jong next to him he gets freedom to be in the background, cutting passing alternatives while the other attack the ball holder.

But, put him in a 4-4-2 with an attacking CM next to him and I'd say he'd have problems. At least against top teams like United. His big size and not so high speed would make him a pretty easy obstacle to pass through. His limited offensive abilities would also make him surplus against worse teams.

Basically, he's perfect in Mancini's defensive formation but I think he'd get a lot of shit if he went to Liverpool for example.

bjaelke

"An offer for Rangers from a consortium headed by Charles Green has been accepted, club administrators have confirmed."
Gareth Bale wants to join Real Madrid if Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League.
He wants to make it interesting.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

It always reminds me of this part from the Irvine Welsh short story 'The Undefeated'.

“That has done it. A man who changes his women you can forgive, but a man who
changes his teams … that shows a lack of character. That’s a man who has lost
all sight of things that are important in life.”

Ashes

Banned
City fans are up it seems. Well, you guys have to just go and win the premier league title today. No Pressure.

/been in this situation a couple of times before. Nerves should start jangling right about now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It always reminds me of this part from the Irvine Welsh short story 'The Undefeated'.

“That has done it. A man who changes his women you can forgive, but a man who
changes his teams … that shows a lack of character. That’s a man who has lost
all sight of things that are important in life.”

Irvine Welsh never encountered the curious case of Fady I see?

Manager

I'm late for the debate but : Depp as Hunter S. Thompson was just fantastic. Do wish Burton would stop casting him in every movie though.

The Dark Shadows tv spots makes me cringe everytime. Specially the TV scene. "What sorcery is this?! Reveal yourself tiny xxx...!"

Not only because it's a god damn direct copy of a scene in Enchanted, but also because Depp's delivery is so poor. I don't get why they put that in there, tv spots and trailer end punchline. I've seen the trailer twice in theatres and there has only been a handfull people laughing at that.

Manager

Eva Green is in it though, So that's a plus.

I realise today that it was Eva Green. I always thought it was Rachel McAdams.

dark-shadows-eva-green-92abf.jpg

rachelm2.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Ugh I feel like shit. Massive headache, blocked nose, had the shittiest sleep. The only person who can lighten my spirits today is Mark Hughes

The Dark Shadows tv spots makes me cringe everytime. Specially the TV scene. "What sorcery is this?! Reveal yourself tiny xxx...!"

Not only because it's a god damn direct copy of a scene in Enchanted, but also because Depp's delivery is so poor. I don't get why they put that in there. I've seen the trailer twice in theatres and there has only been a handfull people laughing at that.

People laughed at Jack and Jill trailer so that doesn't really surprise me. That scene does seem so damn poorly executed and yeah, pretty weird they would put in the trailer. Will still probably watch it sometime, didn't even think alice in wonderland was as bad as everyone made it out to be and we all know Burton is the superior batman movie maker.

Eva Green is in it though, So that's a plus.

Her eyes looked into my soul and ate it at the premiere.
KcrtQ.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pavel Nedved will run the Prague Marathon this morning then board a private jet to be part of Juve's title celebrations in Turin later today

<3

People laughed at Jack and Jill trailer so that doesn't really surprise me. That scene does seem so damn poorly executed and yeah, pretty weird they would put in the trailer. Will still probably watch it sometime, didn't even think alice in wonderland was as bad as everyone made it out to be and we all know Burton is the superior batman movie maker.

Her eyes looked into my soul and ate it at the premiere.
KcrtQ.jpg

And her teeth looked at a carrot and ate it

Hixx

i've taken annual leave tommorow to watch the City match (12am kickoff)

:p

I thought you supported Sunderland

Anyway I am ill and can't decide whether or not i'm too ill to go to the game. I'm producing more snot than I thought humanly possible - I stick a finger up there and I either get a finger full of crispy rancidness or a sticky nightmare.

Plus I still feel a bit drained. What do!?!?

The weather cannot make its mind up either, gloriously sunny then 10 mins later a miserable overcast.

Today with either be great or terrible I feel, no middle ground. A win or we'll get battered.

LegoArmo

Seedorf, Nesta, Gattuso and Inzaghi all leaving Milan after this season? Kind of sad. Pirlo was also part of that group, but he went on to greener pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom