• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

HazEI.jpg

Undefeated season. Grazie Ale <3
CAPITANO :,,,(

If you lived locally and understood all the build up about the match you would think differently.

congratulations to City. Epic game to finish off the season.
Yeah well in the build-up you didn't know that you wouldn't turn up for the final.

If you weren't being such a child then you could admit that you weren't the best team on Merseyside this year and let the Everton fans enjoy it.

Arnie

The expected class and dignity of a scouser. We lost the league but at least we weren't the laughing stock. Keep trying to justify the worst season your team has had since women could vote.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Enjoy your trophyless season and I'll enjoy my showery wank

Yeah well in the build-up you didn't know that you wouldn't turn up for the final.

If you weren't being such a child then you could admit that you weren't the best team on Merseyside this year and let the Everton fans enjoy it.
Gaf's delivering in spades today.

"Give Everton their day"

lol, what?

nemesun

Quotes from Alex McLeish:

"It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad."

So are Villa going to get even worse next season?
PDUQS.gif

It hurts more when you think about how badly we blew it, hopefully this gives United some impetus to actually sign players in the summer, and good ones at that.
Yep. There is no time to sit and moan. Next season starts now. The quest to win it back starts at this very second. Watching City lift that trophy. We want it back and that sight is what motivates the charge to get it back.

No time to moan. No time to feel sorry for ourselves. Congratulate every City fan you know cos we know better than most, winning like that takes something special. They've set a high bar. It's our job to better it.

The song says United will never die, we have to live true to that and that includes the fans.

/pessimistvivaisdead

ShogunX

So Newcastle out of the CL, how many players are leaving?

None of them. Did the likes of Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Ben Arfa and Cisse join Newcastle expecting them to fight for the top four? Very much doubt it.

The expected class and dignity of a scouser. We lost the league but at least we weren't the laughing stock. Keep trying to justify the worst season your team has had since women could vote.

Last season we finished 6th, Failed to qualify for Europe and never won a trophy.

dschalter

Oh please, a squad of that magnitude having trouble against a side with only 10 men on the pitch that was surely going to get relegated; I think Fergie has a right to call them out on that.

Result could be different if Barton wasn't such a tool and made a huge deal about the red card.

While City do deserve it this season, they seriously did need those extra 5 min.

Either way, still a bit pathetic from City for not being able to get a bigger goal margin against a side such as QPR.

And also, City fans are sooo weird... Seriously calling out Dzeko when he saved City's butt at death. lol

well, they didn't actually need all the time and the extra man didn't matter that much as qpr were just packing the box anyway.

ShogunX

What? Everton have clearly been the best team in Merseyside in the league this year. Get off your high horse and stop acting like an idiot.

The build up comment has obviously gone over your head so I'll just leave it at that.

kharma45

Not really. I've already said that City are deserved winners.

Calling Sir Alex "whiskeynose" shows a lack of class.

And you should be able to interpret what he actually meant in his interview without having to say lol whiskeynose.

Us losing the league is as good to them as winning it, still, you'd expect some sort of magnanimity considering the season they've had.

Bumhead

Banned
Either way, still a bit pathetic from City for not being able to get a bigger goal margin against a side such as QPR.

Doesn't matter a jot. They won fair and square.

Also, how condescending. "A team like QPR". Obviously with QPR only being towards the bottom of the league, they were going to just roll over.

Lightning

Banned
Pipe dream mate, we're stuck with Song, and Pingpong.
You think we'll bring anyone of note it? Because we desperately need it. Podolski will ease the burden on RVP but we need a creative midfielder desperately.

Had it not been for poor goalkeeping from west Brom we would have lost today.

Wilbur

Banned
I avoided GAF for both halves and got Sky Go going on my phone and watched the United match. Pained me that we were wasting chance after chance before Barton's sending off (which he needs to fucking retire for, the gimp. Should be classified as assault). And then Mackie scored and eventually Dzeko. And then we won, so I switched channels. Takes a while to buffer on a 3G network.

Eventually it did and I see Aguero celebrating and my heart fucking dropped. I'm devastated, absolutely gutted. I know people have been laughing at City and United in here and fair play, I understand why, so I'll take the hate in good humour. But I feel sick; I finished work and was walking out as I changed channel and I just stopped dead in the street. Devastated.

It has to be said though, it's no less than City deserve. It would have been hilarious if they bottled it but they showed character and they took advantage of the stupid position we put ourselves in. To dc, Meier, Fur, and our dearly departed Kermit, I congratulate you humbly. Brilliant effort, with an end that you rightly should celebrate forever.

As for us, we went out there and did the job we were supposed to do today. Giggs and Evra were great, we could have scored 10 (oh goal difference how I hate thee) but we were great. Hopefully we buy where we need to and come back strong, because we will. A whole season without our equivalent to Kompany and we've lost the title in the last minute. It's horrible, but it's also testament to our belief.

Thanks guys.

PaulLFC

Hang on, we got to two cup finals, won one trophy, and got into Europe. No, I'm not going to pretend it was an amazing season - it wasn't. But how does Everton finishing 7th with no trophies or Europe top that?

No idea if there's anything in it, but it's more to do with how the club conducted themselves during the Suarez episode. Feels like they're sacking everyone they can without going ahead with the one that matters.

Also..

Hey Jude?

I see but pretty stupid if they do. To be honest, I never wanted American owners to buy the club. I hope they sell it off in a couple of years when it doesn't bring them the profit they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom