• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment it starts becoming shit? Like with all the Olivia Wylde/Wild nonsense?

Don't see how I'm being holier than though today to be honest. Other days I'm a petty cunt but if people are posting nonsense about Everton and Liverpool they deserve to be told what goes on around the local community between both sets of fans.
You know what you're right. My bad, apologies.

ShogunX

I mean I'd be happy sure, on the inside. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by gloating about it though. You finished 37 points behind United afterall.

What Viva said about Liverpool is true. In some ways it's sad that this is what we have been reduced to but at times like this you just have to take what you are given.

Meier

Such a beautiful video.

Lol.. from the text updates bit.
CHAMPAGNE MOMENT
This is the fastest I've ever seen Edin Dzeko move in a City shirt - the big man chases down Roberto Mancini and eventually catches up with his boss to administer a champagne-soaking. The stadium is obviously still full by the way, and why not? There's a 44-year wait to get over.

Hats off to United-GAF, I know this is a painful loss.. as a Florida State fan and graduate, I've suffered many a championship heartbreak when it looked like we'd win it. You have an incredible club and will be back with us next year, undoubtedly.

LegoArmo

It was a really, really exciting season. I miss it already.

I'm not even sure who I want to win the Champions League now. The Premier League is the best league in the world, no arguments.

Scum

I want to see Man City's inevitable FM2012-esque transfers this summer. :lol
Hazard will be first on the list...

caramac

Congrats to Man City
WP99q.gif

nemesun

Van Persie on his future: "We'll sit down next week. #AFC is a massive club, whatever happens I'll always love this club."

I don't know if that is good or bad :|

That doesn't sound too reassuring. That echos what Fab said when he effed off to Barca.

Clegg

SAF is just after congratulating City on sky sports.

"LOL whiskeynose the deluded twat. Blaming the amount of extra time."

Wilbur

Banned
It's nice seeing everyone take it all with good grace. When City lost against Arsenal they all said congrats to us, and likewise today (except doicare). People congratulating Newcastle, Bayern congratulating Dortmund, Barca congratulating Madrid...

All the wankers I know in real life aren't like that

Lol.. from the text updates bit.

Hats off to United-GAF, I know this is a painful loss.. as a Florida State fan and graduate, I've suffered many a championship heartbreak when it looked like we'd win it. You have an incredible club and will be back with us next year, undoubtedly.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm a Canes fan and we've been pretty horrible the past few years. Hopefully this new coach bring some glory back to the old UM.

Future far from here?

LIVERPOOL

I think the world will end before Liverpool lift the trophy.

The entire aim of the season wasn't to win trophies, or get into Europe, but to hope for Man Utd not to win the league. Liverpool fans, sad.

What a load of shite

Congrats to City, Arsenal, Spurs (maybe,) and QPR. Commiserations to Bolton, Blackburn & Wolves. Special mention for Newcastle and Everton who have done a lot better than I'd imagined, and well done Swansea and Norwich for staying up so convincingly while playing some bloody good football.

Carbonox

So Newcastle out of the CL, how many players are leaving?

wat

No one expected us to finish 5th. Not even the players. To do so is a bonus given their expectations were what? top 10 perhaps?

To suggest anyone would want to leave despite us surpassing expectations is ludicrous. Pretty much everyone bar Danny 'greedy cunt' Simpson has outright said they love the club and have no intentions of leaving.

Feorax

Congrats to City, deserved title winners. Takes more than money to get to the end of those 38 games on top.

Congrats to Everton, definitely better than us in the long haul this year. Took the opportunity to bring in Jelavic in January and look at the difference he's made. Apparently we could have had him, but we didn't think he was good enough. Says it all really.

We need to make changes this summer. Big ones. Not a massive surprise that we bought players from mid table PL sides, and finished mid table. We have some promise in our squad, but our first XI needs a major overhaul, especially upfront. We need to show ambition before the start of next season, or we won't get anywhere.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Totti: "I envy Del Piero because he is loved and respected by every single Italian citizen."

It helps that he's not a c*nt, Totti.

ShogunX

Congrats to City, deserved title winners. Takes more than money to get to the end of those 38 games on top.

Congrats to Everton, definitely better than us in the long haul this year. Took the opportunity to bring in Jelavic in January and look at the difference he's made. Apparently we could have had him, but we didn't think he was good enough. Says it all really.

We need to make changes this summer. Big ones. Not a massive surprise that we bought players from mid table PL sides, and finished mid table. We have some promise in our squad, but our first XI needs a major overhaul, especially upfront. We need to show ambition before the start of next season, or we won't get anywhere.

Jelavic has been immense, Him and Cisse really put that ''No value in January'' quote to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom