• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

I reckon if United finished 8th while Everton pipped Liverpool to the title on goal difference, United fans would be too worried about their own team to celebrate.

Splatt

HazEI.jpg

Undefeated season. Grazie Ale <3

Legend :)

Also, Pippo scored today. Two legends gone next season :'(

Us losing the league is as good to them as winning it, still, you'd expect some sort of magnanimity considering the season they've had.
Who really cares what Liverpool fans think? They would be happy, they can celebrate all they like it means nothing.

The difference between the two clubs over the last two decades has been Liverpool have rested on their laurels and made excuses for themselves, getting lazy in their past success. United have accepted the challenges and fought back.

If that happens again this summer I think this time next year the joke might be on them.

If that sounds like salt to anybody, fine, I'm salty I'm bitter whatever. Maybe, but that's what being a winner is about.

TeegsD

Who really cares what Liverpool fans think? They would be happy, they can celebrate all they like it means nothing.

The difference between the two clubs over the last two decades has been Liverpool have rested on their laurels and made excuses for themselves, getting lazy in their past success. United have accepted the challenges and fought back.

If that happens again this summer I think this time next year the joke might be on them.

If that sounds like salt to anybody, fine, I'm salty I'm bitter whatever. Maybe, but that's what being a winner is about.

preach it! Fuck the haters

Arnie

I reckon if United finished 8th while Everton pipped Liverpool to the title on goal difference, United fans would be too worried about their own team to celebrate.

Oh my word GAF's orgasmic today.

Of course they would, because United are a team who expect to be winning the title. We've not won it in over two decades.

Oxx

I still think my heart was beating faster towards the end of the Barca/Chelsea game, but it was a valiant effort by Man City to try and kill me.

samir nasri, the only reason i didnt want city to win

why can't he have some class like clichy?

on the bench most of the season, yet he thinks he was critical, lmao

Plasma

Banned
Van Persie on his future: "We'll sit down next week. #AFC is a massive club, whatever happens I'll always love this club."

I don't know if that is good or bad :|

ShogunX

Not salty your absolutely correct about Liverpool.

I can't fn believe it. I've just screamed for 30 mins. I did a fucking somersault into the wall

Gif?

Kyoufu

Ba and Cisse is a terrible partnership. Pardew has to play one or the other.

So I think one of them is gone this summer. Most likely Ba to PSG.

Soi-Fong

It has to be said that as pissed of as I am at the crazy revelations that just have occurred (this shit is better than anything Hollywood could have come up with), United only have themselves to blame for not winning the title..

Seriouly, the games at Wigan and Everton... Sweet mother, how they come back to bite you soooo hard in the ass.

I'm hoping now Fergie actually invests in some good players this transfer window and hopefully Glazers comply.

I do have to feel happy for the City fans, who've stuck with them through thick and thin. I've always found City to be a classy outfit, hopefully their newfound prominence doesn't change that.

I imagine that as bad as I/we United fans feel, the players feel that much worse. They left the pitch at Sunderland knowing that they had won and City was level with very little time left, so they probably were fully expecting to be crowned champions within minutes. And then to get word that City had stolen victory from the jaws of defeat had to be absolutely crushing.

In the end, they have no one to blame but themselves. They had an eight-point lead a month ago, these last couple of matches should have been their coronation. Instead they dropped points in key matches, and put the earnest on themselves to get a result at City, which was always going to be tough. How the club moves forward after this will be absolutely critical, because our key rivals will look to strengthen in the offseason. We need to be positive in the transfer market and aggressively pursue our targets. (Midfielders, not wingers please, SAF)

krYlon

I'm more commenting on the fact that he's making such a big deal out of it to be honest. As if the entire aim of the season season wasn't to win trophies, or get into Europe, but to finish above Liverpool. Sad.

LOL!!!

How did you get that from my message? I just thought it was cool for Everton to finish above Liverpool because it doesn't happen often, and it is quite an achievement considering the respective finances.

Of course it would have been better to win the semi-final, but probably would have lost against Chelsea like you anyway.

You're being a bit precious about this mate.

Why don't you just quit with the holier than thou outlook?

You act like you're a superior football fan to everybody else in this thread. How long before you complain about the shit discussion in here and leave?

Wow. You need to calm down brah. You sounding a bit like whiskey nose there.

PaulLFC

LOL!!!

How did you get that from my message? I just thought it was cool for Everton to finish above Liverpool because it doesn't happen often, and it is quite an achievement considering the respective finances.

Of course it would have been better to win the semi-final, but probably would have lost against Chelsea like you anyway.

You're being a bit precious about this mate.
If that's not what you meant, then fair enough. Apologies.

ShogunX

Why don't you just quit with the holier than thou outlook?

You act like you're a superior football fan to everybody else in this thread. How long before you complain about the shit discussion in here and leave?

The moment it starts becoming shit? Like with all the Olivia Wylde/Wild nonsense?

Don't see how I'm being holier than though today to be honest. Other days I'm a petty cunt but if people are posting nonsense about Everton and Liverpool they deserve to be told what goes on around the local community between both sets of fans.

Clegg

This summer is going to be an interesting one. We know that City are going to strengthen their squad so United will have to do the same.

SAF was at the Dortmund game yesterday so we know that he's looking at players. Now we have to make the right signings in the right positions and get ready for next season.

Afrikan

Also...being able to watch both games at the same time...and to see both reactions from fans and players live...was.....was just amazing.

nemesun

You think we'll bring anyone of note it? Because we desperately need it. Podolski will ease the burden on RVP but we need a creative midfielder desperately.

Had it not been for poor goalkeeping from west Brom we would have lost today.

I reckon he will not deep into the transfer pool before he offload some of the stinkers first. If we manage to get rid of Chamakh, Arshavin, Bendtner, Gervinho, Vela, Munia, Squillachi and bring on few fresh faces I'll be chuffed as fuck.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
BEST. LEAGUE. EVER.

Fuck me I have a headache from all the yelling that happened in my living room when Aguero scored. Best ending to a season ever, fuuuucking hell cannot wait for match of the day to relive all that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know where dc is but I sent him a PM. He deserves this more than anyone.

Just heard Ale speaking in an interview ... I'm in tears. This man is pure class in a human form.

What a legend, I know he won't be at Juve next season, but is he retiring completely? I remember him saying he wanted to play until he was 40 - he's only 37 :O

Alright maybe I'm just telling this to myself but..

This is better for Ale, I just can't take another season of seeing him on the bench..he DESERVES to end his career on the pitch. We're being (reasonably) selfish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom