• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I love this guy!! Holy shit!! haha

If only Balotelli scored in the end...

Almost had the tying goal and had the important assist to Kun to set up the win. Dude is REALLY good if he can keep his head on straight.

AC Milan are going to make signing Tevez their top priority this offseason apparently so we'll see how it all turns out. I think Mancini will keep Balo and sell Tevez and Dzeko.

Mr. Sam

On the other end of the table, going down:
  • Bolton
  • Blackburn
  • Wolves

Disappointed I won't be seeing Charlton play QPR next season. That's one I might have even travelled for. C'est la vie. Hopefully West Ham will stay down to give us another interesting fixture.

Korez

iVYhoWTnCPXQv.jpeg

ir8ijuJUDx4Og.jpeg

in2cwnUqjgyoz.jpeg

iKs64ugGDhotS.jpeg

ibumO5zZdNJ5Sl.jpeg

i3wNFcE4RBbOe.jpeg

Congrats to City, deserved title winners. Takes more than money to get to the end of those 38 games on top.

Congrats to Everton, definitely better than us in the long haul this year. Took the opportunity to bring in Jelavic in January and look at the difference he's made. Apparently we could have had him, but we didn't think he was good enough. Says it all really.

We need to make changes this summer. Big ones. Not a massive surprise that we bought players from mid table PL sides, and finished mid table. We have some promise in our squad, but our first XI needs a major overhaul, especially upfront. We need to show ambition before the start of next season, or we won't get anywhere.

To be honest, I think Kenny probably wouldn't even have used him properly and he would have been a waste.

Dibbz

What a god damn day. Unbelievable. Arsenal losing 2-1 come back and win 3-2 and City destroys United hopes in the last minute of the season. LOL Jesus fuck garrynevilleorgasm.pdf

ShogunX

And a good few of those will be taken up by Euro 2012 and pre-season friendlies! The transfer window madness too, of course.

Strangely I'm looking more forward to watching the Olympics football than the Euro's. Should be a great competition with some of the best young talent in the world on show. It's a scouts dream come true.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Van Persie on his future: "We'll sit down next week. #AFC is a massive club, whatever happens I'll always love this club."

I don't know if that is good or bad :|

That doesn't sound too reassuring. That echos what Fab said when he effed off to Barca.

That doesn't sound good at all...

RVP taking tips from Fabregas it seems because Fabregas said exactly the same thing when he left.

jitir.gif

In other news, Red Bulls goal! Lindpere makes it 1-0!

SHarris78

19 hatricks this season in the Premier Leaugue. Hasn't Messi scored 10 on his own!!

So the Swans finish 11th, friggin' 11th!!!!!!! I'd have been over the moon with staying up on goal difference on the last day. What an incredible season!

As well as supporting the mighty Swans, i've been a follower of ManU for 23 years, and as painful as it is losing out to Man City, in this fashion, it still gives me that warm feeling seeing them all celebrating together with their families on the pitch.

Deserved champions, now roll on next season.

PaulLFC

Strangely I'm looking more forward to watching the Olympics football than the Euro's. Should be a great competition with some of the best young talent in the world on show. It's a scouts dream come true.
Not sure how I forgot about the Olympics - even more football to look forward to.

Bo-Locks

Anfield 88, educate yourself mate.

The 3-3? Not even close.

The '99 CL final was won in extra time and won United the treble.

This game was also won in extra time and won City the title for the first time in 44 years.

In terms of drama nothing tops those two moments in club football, ever.

LegoArmo

Jelavic seems like the type of player Suarez needs. He doesn't really need too many touches, and he always makes intelligent runs and finishes.

A lot of people think you can't get a good player from the SPL, when there's actually a lot of talent up there. I doubt Dalglish would think that, but who knows.

Hopefully West Ham will stay down to give us another interesting fixture.

I'd rather not - this season wasn't all that fun, and next season is bound to be even uglier given the teams dropping down.

Quietly confidant about the final next week, but this is still West Ham, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we bottled it.

besiktas1

So this year we've had;
Last game cracker, last game riot, Mourinho redeemed, invincible Juve, invincible Downing (lol), Jesus Muamba, and (I hope next week) Abramovic's destiny.
On to the Euros! :))

Wilbur

Banned
My manager of the year Martin Jol.

Seriously.

He's done a fantastic job. Fulham have a great squad, their last 3 managers have done brilliantly with them.

Now QPR have stayed up I expect them to be more of a force with Hughes and the money staying. If Rodgers and Lambert stick around then Swansea and Norwich should also have good seasons again. Plus the new coaches in McDermott and Adkins, as well as potentially Holloway...

And that's just the promoted teams. Looking forward to next season already.

But I'm so fucking gutted.

Omiee

The 3-3? Not even close.

The '99 CL final was won in extra time and won United the treble.

This game was also won in extra time and won City the title for the first time in 44 years.

In terms of drama nothing tops those two moments in club football, ever.

Im sure there are more moments like these.

but i can def remember the final against bayern.

they scored 2 goals in the final minutes of the game.

what a game by united that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom