• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

I'd rather not - this season wasn't all that fun, and next season is bound to be even uglier given the teams dropping down.

Quietly confidant about the final next week, but this is still West Ham, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we bottled it.

Alright, but when I end up bleeding to death in an alley in Blackpool, you're to blame.

Bumhead

Banned
Really glad Bolton have come down. Nice big away end for us to invade and Phil Gartside can suck a fat one for all the "scrap Premier League relegation" bollocks he's given it over the years.

Btw guys, season isn't over yet, one game, the biggest game of all to go, but just wanna see I've loved following the season with you guys it's been great.

Chin up United-GAF. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, very true in football...if you have the right characters in the team. We're going to find out.

I want next season now. Don't want a summer away from football. We need to fix things ASAP. Hope the players are feeling the same.

untitled-1t3kxf.gif

Hahaha, the moment he realised the title was over

I love it.

I can't fn believe it. I've just screamed for 30 mins. I did a fucking somersault into the wall

Congrats mate, fantastic feeling I'm actually really pleased for city which I didnt expect

Many - myself included have accused you of being classless in the approach to success but today was a reminder that you are a proper, proud club still, the old players was a touch of class.

Bo-Locks

Im sure there are more moments like these.

but i can def remember the final against bayern.

they scored 2 goals in the final minutes of the game.

what a game by united that was.

I can think of plenty of dramatic moments, plenty of games won in extra time, but winning the treble in ET and the PL in ET on the last game of the season are the two most dramatic moments that I can think of.

Lightning

Banned
I wouldn't blame him tbh, this club is going nowhere. Why waste your prime years when winning anything other than 4th place cup is not on the menu?
If RVP goes arsenal only have themselves to blame. You cannot expect players to throw their careers away chasing 3rd place year after year. Sooner or later one must make a decision whether they want to win or not? Arsenal are a long way from having a squad that can do that.

rodvik

19 hatricks this season in the Premier Leaugue. Hasn't Messi scored 10 on his own!!

So the Swans finish 11th, friggin' 11th!!!!!!! I'd have been over the moon with staying up on goal difference on the last day. What an incredible season!

As well as supporting the mighty Swans, i've been a follower of ManU for 23 years, and as painful as it is losing out to Man City, in this fashion, it still gives me that warm feeling seeing them all celebrating together with their families on the pitch.

Deserved champions, now roll on next season.

Swansea has been bar none my favourite team to watch this season. Grats. Classy team ,classy manager.

besiktas1

Nobody wants to mention it because it can be translated in Dortmund >> (Bayern) >> Real Madrid.

At the moment I don't want to accept anything Bayern has done, my mind right now is deluded that they are shit and will be a walk in the park for us. lol, I'm going to be soo heartbroken Saturday it's not funny. I wish I could watch it with Roman though, so we can hug each other with our manly manly tears.

Wilbur

Banned
Btw guys, season isn't over yet, one game, the biggest game of all to go, but just wanna see I've loved following the season with you guys it's been great.

Chin up United-GAF. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, very true in football...if you have the right characters in the team. We're going to find out.

I want next season now. Don't want a summer away from football. We need to fix things ASAP. Hope the players are feeling the same.

This. I haven't been around for past FootyGAFs and the WC2010 thread, but finding people to properly talk about football, who are knowledgable, who aren't averse to cock jokes, it's been a real pleasure.

And I'm optimistic about next season already. We were a minute away from winning the title. It's horrible but it also shows our character.

norinrad

Congrats to City.

next season should be exciting as well.

On to the Champions league final, the Euro and finally a well deserved vacation for all players and fans all over the world. lol

Really glad Bolton have come down. Nice big away end for us to invade and Phil Gartside can suck a fat one for all the "scrap Premier League relegation" bollocks he's given it over the years.

Aye - fuck Bolton

Don't they have huge debts as well?

When do Real play? If they win its another £7 for me

Todays results

Winners

Manchester City (nasri still an ugly lesbian creature)
Arsenal (last guaranteed CL position clinched in a teasing fashion)
Everton (lolerpool)

Juventus ITALIAN INVINCIBLES! Forza del piero

Losers

Manchester United
Tottenham (eat it spurs, your best team in decades against your rivals worst yet still bested)
Joey Barton (future looks unclear after today, massive knobhead)
Liverpool (providing hilarious entertainment week after week)

nemesun

If RVP goes arsenal only have themselves to blame. You cannot expect players to throw their careers away chasing 3rd place year after year. Sooner or later one must make a decision whether they want to win or not? Arsenal are a long way from having a squad that can do that.

Hear, hear.

Carbonox

Todays results

Winners

Manchester City (nasri still an ugly lesbian creature)
Arsenal (last guaranteed CL position clinched in a teasing fashion)
Everton (lolerpool)

Juventus ITALIAN INVINCIBLES! Forza del piero

Losers

Manchester United
Tottenham (eat it spurs, your best team in decades against your rivals worst yet still bested)
Joey Barton (future looks unclear after today, massive knobhead)
Liverpool (providing hilarious entertainment week after week)

Ahahahahahahaahahaaha amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom