• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Red Cafe always manages to cheer me up.

DOND.jpg

A couple of images from today's game. They aren't from any scudetto party, but whatever, tears everywhere. :(
x610.jpg

x610.jpg

Best moment of the day. Definitely.

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Today was also Zambrotta's last match. A bit late, honestly.
610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Goodbye General :'(
x610.jpg

Lil' Ibra and his stylish hair
Inzaghi showed today how much he cared about Milan, I'm really glad that I've see some of his best years. Galliani also said that Seedorf is not sure about leaving, he'll talk to him in the next few days. Please Clarence, Brazil is lovely, just go there and enjoy your retirement for the love of God.

Barton will be back in prison soon, mark my words.
Said he has changed so many times and then he does it again.

Oh and farewell, Pat Rice, you've been a great servant to the club.

Stubo

Checking in guys, I'm still alive after that ridiculous chain of events.

If there's any positive, at least now Fergie won't be able to use winning the title to justify not making any signings in the summer.

No, fuck it, there are no positives. I think I'll take a day off from football to shake this one off.

Again congrats, City and City-GAF, the best team over the duration of the season won the title today.
Just read some of the reaction, I feel this pretty much sums up my views. Letting the 8 point gap slip is unacceptable and we have no-one to blame but ourselves. It was always a huge ask to expect a result today to help us out, and we really shouldn't have needed to rely on it.

As has been said by everyone, congratulations to City and their fans, you really have deserved it over the season, and if Yaya hadn't been away the gap could've been far more comfortable for you.

There really does need to be some money spent over summer to address gaps in the squad, obviously in the centre of the midfield, and also a defender for me. Hopefully the debt repayments are low enough to accommodate for some degree of splashing out because real quality needs to be injected into the squad to stand any chance of keeping up with City who are only going to improve next season.

Manager

Please help me guys! I'm trying to find some good images of all the celebrations but all images posted on the news sites are incredibly small.

Anyone know any good source?

Zabojnik

A couple of images from today's game. They aren't from any scudetto party, but whatever, tears everywhere. :(

Inzaghi showed today how much he cared about Milan, I'm really glad that I've see some of his best years. Galliani also said that Seedorf is not sure about leaving, he'll talk to him in the next few days. Please Clarence, Brazil is lovely, just go there and enjoy your retirement for the love of God.

Juve Inzaghi is best Inzaghi. :p No, but seriously, amazing player and great rival, as were all the other rossoneri. I'll even include Zambrotta, who'll always be a traitor to us.

Congrats!

So if Napoli wins, Udinese loses and Lazio draws/loses, Napoli is 3rd?

Yep. Don't see it happening, though. Don't want to see it happen, actually. 'Cause, you know, Cavani ... BELIEVE YURT!

Fergie is being perfectly gracious in his reaction. That one moment was a bit weak but I can understand that.

Mancini can expect a letter from him soon.

89 points to finish 2nd. Damn!

rififi

He just laid the smackdown on Arsenal fans. :lol

He made the right choice moving. Doubters and haters were wrong.

I don't hate Nasri for leaving or leaving for City, I hate him because he left at the very end of the transfer window after stating he wanted to stay which gave Arsenal no time to find a replacement (granted, Arsenal management is fairly shit when it comes to contract negotiations).
He pretty much decided to leave only because Cesc left and because Arsenal didn't give him enough money - he is a twat who deserves to feel butthurt by Arsenal fans.

I don't hate City because of Nasri though, I really like Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Zabaleta, and Yaya - so I am happy for them.

Salvadora

Fergie is being perfectly gracious in his reaction. That one moment was a bit weak but I can understand that.

Pretty much. Losing on goal difference after losing an 8 point lead must be very painful.

"There is no chance [of Arsenal finishing above Spurs]," said Van der Vaart. "We're better. We're [on a run of] six games and one draw. We won six times. So no, I'm not afraid of Arsenal. I think we have the better squad. We have a bigger squad.

St Totterinham day, a great send off for Pat Rice

44 years, what a man

AsylFNlCAAE_q1j.jpg

MPW

madrid finished with 96 point not too long ago to finish 2nd as well iirc

8 simple goals...
Heh I guess so.

Whilst you can say it was won/lost in plenty of places...the two derby's settled it really in the end. The 10 goal swing from the first one and the second derby which saw City regain the lead. In both games they were so much better than us.

That is why they deserve it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve Inzaghi is best Inzaghi. :p No, but seriously, amazing player and great rival, as were all the others rossineri. I'll even include Zambrotta, who'll always be a traitor to us.

Congrats!

Yep. Don't see it happening, though. Don't want to see it happen, actually. 'Cause, you know, Cavani ... BELIEVE YURT!

Who's Zambrotta?

FORZA UDINESE! I BELIEVE CAVANI!!

If RVP goes arsenal only have themselves to blame. You cannot expect players to throw their careers away chasing 3rd place year after year. Sooner or later one must make a decision whether they want to win or not? Arsenal are a long way from having a squad that can do that.

Hopefully the signing of Lukas Podolski is the start of Arsenal opening up their wallets and signing some actual proven talent. The only chance they have of RvP sticking around is going to be at least 2 more signings of world class players. What really worries me is that Wenger is going to still be convinced that his approach of surrounding RvP with really young players, and no one who can defend is still a winning formula.

Watched this in a packed sports bar which had 3 games on - Man City/Man U/Newcastle game. Crazy atmosphere in the last 10 minutes.

Big cheers as City went behind.
Big cheers as City went ahead.
HUGE CHEERS as Cahill was sent off.
Loads of goading when City scored in the last minute and all the Man U players looked gutted. Unreal.

Zabojnik

Why must you always be faster than my typo edits, Yurt? :p

Has the parade streaming started on juventus.com? I can't find a link on the site.

Bumhead

Banned

Sheffield United are only the second team in Football League history to finish on 90 points and not be promoted, too.. (would have been us if we hadn't, you know, pipped them to it, mwahaha)

It's been one of those seasons allover the place I think.

Blablurn

there is one thing that keeps me optimistic. its obvious that we depend on players like robben or ribery. maybe a little too much. but unlike all those league games where they used to struggle from time to time they were always ready as soon as the champions league anthem started to play. we need them just for one more game. come on guys, just one more time.

FINALE DAHOAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom