• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
@DerWestenSport reporting that Granit Xhaka joining Gladbach is a done deal now.
Good for them, and Xhaka is a very talented CM.

there is one thing that keeps me optimistic. its obvious that we depend on players like robben or ribery. maybe a little too much. but unlike all those league games where they used to struggle from time to time they were always ready as soon as the champions league anthem started to play. we need them just for one more game. come on guys, just one more time.

FINALE DAHOAM!

Well, losing like that will remind the players how bad it feels to lose a final. Last thing we needed is going to the AA vs. Chelsea thinking we already won it.

I bring a message from Kermy:

TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT! That's why we're the CHAMPIONS! Big HEARTS! BIIIGGGG CLUB! Like City, ill BE BACK! Xoxoxo xoxoxo! ps I love Jeffy

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Congrats to everyone today, win or lose! Only a few months until we get to do this all over again. :)

Well done to the Champions City, Juve, et al.

Clegg

Sky Sports in Germany are reporting that SAF was at the Dortmund game to specifically look at Kagawa, Hummels and Lewandowski.

Not sure how they've come about this info but thats what they're saying.

Fergie is being perfectly gracious in his reaction. That one moment was a bit weak but I can understand that.

Mancini can expect a letter from him soon.

89 points to finish 2nd. Damn!

We finished 2nd with 96 points lol

What really pisses me off is that Mancini will get renewd.

For fucks sake, fire him.

fuenf

there is one thing that keeps me optimistic. its obvious that we depend on players like robben or ribery. maybe a little too much. but unlike all those league games where they used to struggle from time to time they were always ready as soon as the champions league anthem started to play. we need them just for one more game. come on guys, just one more time.

FINALE DAHOAM!

Let's just say that they used yesterday to get the "nervous-breakdown-game" out of their system.

Will be interesting to see how we strengthen our squad for next season..

Blablurn

@DerWestenSport reporting that Granit Xhaka joining Gladbach is a done deal now.
Good for them, and Xhaka is a very talented CM.

Well, losing like that will remind the players how bad it feels to lose a final. Last thing we needed is going to the AA vs. Chelsea thinking we already won it.

also a good point. i hope it will give some more energy.

Clegg

Has anyone else noticed that Liverpool lost again today?

I've also heard that Dalglish will move upstairs in the summer and that Liverpool are interested in having Roberto Martinez as their new manager.

Yen

Has anyone else noticed that Liverpool lost again today?

I've also heard that Dalglish will move upstairs in the summer and that Liverpool are interested in having Roberto Martinez as their new manager.

The tabloids were running that story. I don't know about Martinez, but I want a new manager. Rafa?

Korez

i5QsMmUbKOt3K.jpeg

Meier

Fulham boss Martin Jol on the madness of the closing minutes of the title race:

"Harry [Redknapp] told me that United were champions and then I went into the dressing room and someone else told me City were champions."

Fry

How've their solo efforts been? I've not been paying attention.

Noel has an awesome solo album, I didn't expect it to be that good when it came out. Liam has a band,Beady Eye (I think most of them were part of Oasis), and the reception for their album wasn't as good as Noel's, and the fans are kind of 50/50, but I fucking loved it.

elsk

Banned
also a good point. i hope it will give some more energy.

At least to Schweini, yes.
I'm not that surprised we lost against Dortmund anyway, the surprise was the huge "5-2". But we gave away the game with that horrible defending. That shouldn't stop us from winning at the AA, we won against Real Madrid (after losing to Dortmund), Manchester City, Napoli this season.

Meier

Noel has an awesome solo album, I didn't expect it to be that good when it came out. Liam has a band,Beady Eye (I think most of them were part of Oasis), and the reception for their album wasn't as good as Noel's, and the fans are kind of 50/50, but I fucking loved it.

I think the Beady Eye record is better for me in bits and pieces. When a song comes on by itself I'm like yeah, this is good.. but as a whole I'm kinda so-so. The Roller is fucking brilliant.

The NGHFB album is utterly amazing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436344 - Noel solo efforts thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418060 - Beady Eye album thread

Hixx

Congrats to City...

At kick off wasn't arsed who won the title but after having to put up with Manc wankers in our end starting fights and lauding their non-existent victory I did quite enjoy hearing about City's two injury time goals :)

And now for another summer of rebuilding at SAFC. Cheers, Bruce.

I just took the cowards way out GAF

Had Madrid in a 5 team accumalator but its only £7 if they win (all the others won)

I just put a quid on the draw and a quid on Mallorca so guaranteed at least £5 profit

milan was f'n great in those years, 3 cl finals, 2 wins

honestly thought milan would have 9 european cups by now

Pretty much: we had the best Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Kakà, Tomasson, Dida was incredible, Serginho, Cafù, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Crespo and so on. Even Pancaro became one of the best LB of the championship. Best Milan of the last decade, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom