• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

13spec1.jpg

13spec2.jpg

tumblr_m3z254BHB41qjbs1co1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3z1s6M7bD1qjbs1co1_1280.jpg

hart_2764494.jpg

IN29841049Manchester-City-l.jpg

581323_436410359702902_148724955138112_92052694_1792069260_n.jpg

So who to cheer for the CL final? Screw spurs or screw Chelsea? Hahaha tough decision.
I don't give two shits about Sp*rs playing in the Champions League, but i don't want to play a qualifying game nor do I want to see John the Racist lifting the European Champions Trophy. So go Bayern.

So after the CL final... This becomes a transfer gossip/OT thread, right?
Euro 2012?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The CONCACAF and CONMEBOL qualifiers for the World Cup are not gonna be shown on public telly on the US. They are only gonna be available on closed circuit in select bars and restaurants.

WHAT THE FUCKING UA;LFJA;LDFJAL;FDJNA;LGJA;L AL; L;A;LGA;GJ

Actually
44 Shots to 3
15 on Target to 3
19 Corners to 0
81% Possession

Unsurprising, QPR's plan was always to absorb pressure in their own end and try to hold out for a draw. They became a bit more enterprising when they fell behind and they learned that Bolton was on track to knock them out of the league and got two goals out of it. Once they went ahead, they went back to parking the bus, and very nearly eked out a draw because of it.

Meier

Jeff, you can take solace in this..

Parry's Ghost on Twitter: "As if things weren't bad enough for Blackburn, that #mcfc title win denies them a reported £2m from Phil Jones transfer clause #bbcfootball"

Arnie

I agree that this season just hasn't been good enough, regardless of the trophy, and I do think we need a change of manager. Don't want Martinez though, stinks of Hodgson, someone who's a relegation beater rather than a world beater.

I know it would have been tough anyay but anyone else think QPR should have at least attempted to keep the ball from kick off instead of giving it straight to Hart?

Manager

Aguero on Fox Spanish:
Q: Do you regret the language barrier to communicate with the fans?
Aguero: - Yes, I do, when the game ended a lot of fans came into the pitch and hugged and kissed me, and the only thing I could undestand was: "I love you!" "I love you!" "I love you!"

confuziz

Banned
Barton;

'Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....'

'Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.'

LOL

Aguero on Fox Spanish:
Q: Do you regret the language barrier to communicate with the fans?
Aguero: - Yes, I do, when the game ended a lot of fans came into the pitch and hugged and kissed me, and the only thing I could undestand was: "I love you!" "I love you!" "I love you!"

Not sure if dumb or lovely.

What a dick:

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton

Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

Well done City. Beat United home and away, deserved champions.

As a United fan I can say that it hurts - it really hurts - to lose in the fashion we did. But I have to remind myself that if Aguero hadn't scored, then ours would have been the very definition of a smash and grab victory. We only have ourselves to blame for this situation arising in the first place.

Ever since City have been in the hands of the sheikhs I've resigned myself to the notion of them winning the title some day, but I still believe that we're going to make incredibly hard for them to dominate in the same way Liverpool and ourselves have in the past. Everyone thought we were a spent force when Chelsea won back to back titles. Everyone thought we were a spent force when we lost Ronaldo and Tevez. We answered by winning the title back.

I'm not saying we're going to win it next year, but I do expect us to bring in new players and come back stronger. Fergie will make sure of it.

Oh, and I don't mean to gloat but barring a bizarre BP allocation it looks like I've won the GAF FPL league. At least something went will today. :)

Some interesting tweets:

Ben Pearce ‏ @BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Redknapp: "We've all become Bayern Munich supporters. I'll be going to Germany, it will be interesting!"

Jay Jaffa ‏ @jayjaffa
Hmmm. Modric responds to "see you next year" by a set of fans with a wink and a thumbs up. Interesting.

Jay Jaffa ‏ @jayjaffa
Adebayor's last game for the club? Certainly seemed that way. Lots of waving and looked a little sad. He'll be missed.

Jay Jaffa ‏ @jayjaffa
Also HR said that he'd be playing golf on Tuesday - reportedly the day Remy heads to London for talks with Spurs.

At lastly:

Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.
I think the one thing all of footballGAF can agree on: what an absolute cunt.

Korez

For Euro 2014

Portieri - Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain), Viviano (Palermo).

Difensori - Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bocchetti (Rubin Kazan), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit San Pietroburgo), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti - Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus),Schelotto (Atalanta), Verratti (Pescara).

Attaccanti - Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

Wilbur

Banned
Barton:

The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...

And

For Euro 2014

Portieri - Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain), Viviano (Palermo).

Difensori - Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bocchetti (Rubin Kazan), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit San Pietroburgo), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti - Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus),Schelotto (Atalanta), Verratti (Pescara).

Attaccanti - Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

dat midfield

Clegg

Anybody else see Kenny's post-match reaction?

Apparently, he can't fault the players determination and effort (again).

Kenny Dalglish:

"For us, we wouldn't be disappointed with anybody's performance or their efforts. I think they did as well as they possibly could and were unlucky not to get a result. It's a credit to the players."

Zabojnik

For Euro 2014

Wowowowow! That's fucking great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom