• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Will there be an official Euros thread or will all the talk be done in here?

Yep but he's been banging that same damn drum after every game this season. I'm getting sick of it. Horrible season and part of me can see it going downhill from here.

There will be a Euro thread, and the football thread will continue as well, it'll be full of transfer gossip etc.

i9lJoOJgU3nfQ.gif

Damn, Mancini is fast! :lol

Arnie

I note the omission of the word 'ability'.

Desire and commitment too.

It does get me down how distinctly average we are despite the money we've spent, and I also can't help but think where we'd be had the money been spent by someone else. I love Kenny for everything he's done for the club and the pockets of bliss he's given me since he's been back (contrary to GAF's erroneous opinion there have been a few), but I just think it's time for a change and a new direction.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
XFUrG.jpg

For Euro 2014

Portieri - Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain), Viviano (Palermo).

Difensori - Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bocchetti (Rubin Kazan), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit San Pietroburgo), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti - Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus),Schelotto (Atalanta), Verratti (Pescara).

Attaccanti - Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

We're fucked next season lol.

weird choices upfront. And No PDC? lol.

For Euro 2014

Portieri - Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain), Viviano (Palermo).

Difensori - Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bocchetti (Rubin Kazan), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit San Pietroburgo), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter).

Centrocampisti - Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus),Schelotto (Atalanta), Verratti (Pescara).

Attaccanti - Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

Seven (eight) from Juve, three from Milan, one (extremely bad) from Inter. History repeats itself, once again.

Glad for Verratti and Ogbonna, but I don't see them getting to the Euros. Same goes for Cigarini, Schelotto, Viviano, Destro and Bocchetti.

Zabojnik

We're fucked next season lol.

weird choices upfront. And No PDC? lol.

I like how you bolded Verratti too, lol. Yeah, we're fucked. Which is why it was so, so , SO IMPORTANT that we managed to win the scudetto this season. Been saying this for months. But who cares!!!! ABBIAMO VINTOOOOOO!!! DIMMI DIRETTA DIMMI TUTTO!!!

Thiago Motta? How long has he played for Italy for? You shouldn't be allowed to change allegiances once you've be capped by the full national side. That bullshit in my opinion.

danwarb

Desire and commitment too.

It does get me down how distinctly average we are despite the money we've spent, and I also can't help but think where we'd be had the money been spent by someone else. I love Kenny for everything he's done for the club and the pockets of bliss he's given me since he's been back (contrary to GAF's erroneous opinion there have been a few), but I just think it's time for a change and a new direction.
He'll get another season. There will be a slightly new direction as far as transfers go with comolli taking the fall as he has.

Fair play to City we had our chance to win it a few weeks ago but did not take it, City stayed in there and took there chance.

We did not deserve it in the end, this is not a good United team Fergie needs to re-build for us to stand a chance next season.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Barton will always find a club somewhere as a mercenary. The fact that teams continued to sign El Hadji Diouf is proof of that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like how you bolded Verratti too, lol. Yeah, we're fucked. Which is why it was so, so , SO IMPORTANT that we managed to win the scudetto this season. Been saying this for months. But who cares!!!! ABBIAMO VINTOOOOOO!!! DIRETTA DIMMI TUTTO DIRETTAAAAAA!!!

eKet3.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero wrote this on his website.

NOTHING CAN BE BETTER THAN...
Than 8 scudettos.
Than a promotion from serie B.
Than Coppa Italia (let's hope two)
Than 4 Italy Super Cups.
Than Champions League
Than Europa Super Cup.
Than Intercontinental Cup.
Than a goal scored to Fiorentina.
Than a Del Piero style goal.
Than a goal in Tokyo.
Than my tears.
Than a goal in Bari.
Than a back-heel volley goal in derby.
Than a goal for Avvocato.
Than a tongue stuck out in a game against Inter.
Than an assist to David.
Than a goal number 187.
Than a goal in Germany.
Than Berlin.
Than a goal scored to Frosinone.
Than top goalscorer title in serie B.
Than top goal scorer in serie A.
Than a standing ovation at Bernabeu
Than 704 matches in black-n-white jersey.
Than 289 goals.
Than a free kick scored that meant scudetto.
Than a goal against Atalanta.
Than any record.
Than jersey number ten with the name Del Piero.
Than captain's band.

Nothing, but... what you have given me in these 19 years.

I'm happy that you have smiled, cheered, cried, sung, shouted for me and with me.
No color will ever be brighter for me than black and white.
You've made my dream come true. More than any other thing, today I just want to say THANK YOU.

Always by your side
Alessandro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom