• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven games, he even scored once. He has played only with the Brazil U17 and U23.

Did a bit of research. U23 was the Gold Cup side, but Fifa still recognises it as the full national side. So by Fifa's rules (lol) he shouldn't be allowed to switch allegiances. He must have got exemption for that somehow.

Stimpy

Thick bastard. He'd already been sent off for another offence before he kicked Aguero.

Barton.gif

He's such a cunt, deserves a major ban for that, plus why did he have to pick on Aguero when Nasri was right there? ;)

Carbonox

We have a Spanish guy who trains with our football team who is the spitting image of Aguero (hell, even plays like him and can't speak English very well). Might congratulate him on the title on Wednesday.

Would rather have Aquilani obviously, but Adam has fuck all value in the market and could be a useful 4th choice CM for the Carling Cup and early Europa League games, and to cover injuries/rests for Gerrard, Henderson and Aquilani/whoever else we sign.

We started the season with Gerrard, Lucas, Aquilani, Meireles, Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing. We've ended up relying on Henderson, Spearing and Adam for most of the season. What a fuck-up

duckroll

If QPR has any sense, they'll announce that he's stripped of his captaincy ASAP. Barton's really fucked up.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...pologises-to-qpr-fans-after-man-city-red-card

"Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans," he said via his Twitter account. "Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

"Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters."

Barton denied he lost control following his dismissal, and indicated he remains unrepentant for his violent reaction to the decision.

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me......Never worked but god loves a trier. #reallynotbother #wearesafe," he added.

My God...

Barton will always find a club somewhere as a mercenary. The fact that teams continued to sign El Hadji Diouf is proof of that.

Fans just need to make their voices heard - Fat Sam brought in Diouf on a trial last October, but the extremely vehement and angry reaction from the West Ham fans persuaded him that Diouf just wasn't worth the hassle. Now the papers have been saying Sam's after Barton if we get promoted, and I'm pretty sure that, if there's any truth to it, the fans will react in much the same way as they did with Diouf.

GAF, tell me who I should be rooting for in the CL final.

On the one hand, you have Bayern. Fantastic squad, largely built off of homegrown talent, lovely ground, one of the best run clubs both from a football operations standpoint, as well as in finance and business in the world. But I'm American, rooting for Germans would be treasonous.

On the other hand, you have Chelsea. English league rival, dressing room full of egos whose petulance already got one manager sacked this year, crazy Russian owner. But seeing Roman and Torres trolling everybody by winning the CL would be lulzy.

P.S. Just realized that United will enter next season without holding a single trophy of significance. Oh well, we WON the Community Shield and no one can ever take that away!

GAF, tell me I should be rooting for in the CL final.

On the one hand, you have Bayern. Fantastic squad, largely built off of homegrown talent, lovely ground, one of the best run clubs both from a football operations standpoint, as well as in finance and business in the world.

On the other hand, you have Chelsea. English league rival, dressing room full of egos whose petulance already got one manager sacked this year, crazy Russian owner. But seeing Roman and Torres trolling everybody by winning the CL would be lulzy.

P.S. Just realized that United will enter next season without holding a single trophy of significance. Oh well, we WON the Community Shield and no one can ever take that away!

Liverpool have had a better season than Man Utd confirmed :p

Did a bit of research. U23 was the Gold Cup side, but Fifa still recognises it as the full national side. So by Fifa's rules (lol) he shouldn't be allowed to switch allegiances. He must have got exemption for that somehow.

He did: before his first match against Germany, Italy asked FIFA if he could play for our side, because his appereances in the Gold Cup were after he received the italian citizenship. That was an acceptable condition, so FIFA agreed and let him play for us.

Clegg

Drink lots of water Clegg, its the only way to deal with salt.

I've already congratulated City on winning the title. Not salty in the slightest. Already said that United weren't good enough to win the league.

I'm devastated but not salty.

Or are you following certain other Liverpool fans down the path of obliviousness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom