• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

FUCK. ME.

I missed EVERYTHING. I was going to watch City - QPR but then I didn't...

..I've been playing DayZ the whole weekend.. I missed every game there was, every ceremony.. everything footie related..

...but the game is so goooooooooooooood.

untitled-2y5xk8.gif

i7uk9jAhbzUM8.gif

Congrats on the title Madrid, well deserved and well earned.

nemesun

You keep saying unclassy like United has done something underhand when they clearly haven't.

So he gets a year older and will find it even harder to find a top club, makes sense.

Like he would give a fuck, It's all about money at his age. I'm sure there is a club somewhere in Middle East or US who would pay him boatload of money to kick the ball around for another year or two. Rivaldo is 100 years old for goodness sake and still manages to book gigs.

elsk

Banned
I count 24 players on Wikipedia's squad list. I assume you also have a B team.

4 of those players don't even play with the squad, they're from the reserves team. We had to put them on the list to complete the minimum.

We don't use the teams from the reserves, just Usami in like 4 matches after we already lost the season.

jmPcK1SZOkh8p.png

vs.

iAxGytV7i89ZJ.png

(Riedmuller, Sattelmaier are the reserves GK, Usami is the reserves winger, and Breno has been injured all this season).

Like he would give a fuck, It's all about money at his age. I'm sure there is a club somewhere in Middle East or US who would pay him boatload of money to kick the ball around for another year or two. Rivaldo is 100 years old for goodness sake and still manages to book gigs.
?

You're speaking as though he's 41. He's 31 years old and still very capable of playing at the top level...not sure where you've got this assumption that he just wants money from. If that was the case he would have joined City when he had the chance.

Clegg

I think I know how many players we have in our squad, sorry!

United are in debt because they bought mediocre players. Thats bullshit.

United don't treat their players like a family. Bullshit too.

United have acted underhandedly with Berbatovs contact. Oh look, thats also bullshit.

GQman2121

Banned
Montpellier just hit the winner 4 mins into added time. They're three points clear of PSG with one game to go. Win or draw next week and they're French champs.

FootballFan

Ok Football-GAF. I just wanna say that those last few minutes in the ManCity game were just insane, entertainment at its best. What a conclusion to the league. Just amazing.

Congrats ManCity-GAF.

Wilbur

Banned
4 of those players don't even play with the squad, they're from the reserves team. We had to put them on the list to complete the minimum.

We don't use the teams from the reserves, just Usami in like 4 matches after we already lost the season.

jmPcK1SZOkh8p.png

vs.

iAxGytV7i89ZJ.png

So why don't you use teams from the reserves? Why have the teams at all if you don't use them?

Also you know as much about Man U as I do about Bayern; we don't use 14 of those players due to loan/injury unless it's a cup match. We're just as reliant on a first team (give or take a few players) as you are.

Sunhi you're the worst former Juve supporter ever.

We did that today for Del Piero :( Even Buffon was singing with the fans lol

It didn't work :(

Don't worry, something always comes up during these last Juve matchs. I'm planning to create some gifs, a special one for Del Piero as well.

If you think Rummenigge is not classy. Then you should just shut up now man. Really.
This is getting petty now, and I agree with this...but likewise, if you think United is a club that treats it's people like pieces of shit, you're wrong too.

It seems we know very little of what's on the other side, so better to just accept that and leave it there.

Wilbur

Banned
Montpellier just hit the winner 4 mins into added time. They're three points clear of PSG with one game to go. Win or draw next week and they're French champs.

This is awesome, proper fairytale story for them

If you think Rummenigge is not classy. Then you should just shut up now man. Really.

I'm not saying he isn't. However you're saying United are unclassy as always based on one thing. Can I not say Rummenigge is unclassy based on one thing?

It's hypocritical.

spidye

Also what? Hahaha, the family stuff. You're a club that everyone else in Germany seems to hate; I'm not as informed as the Dortmund guys but I'm waiting for them to come in and drop some knowledge. Don't let them fool you, but all football clubs - especially the big ones - are about business.

you don't know honess.

elsk

Banned
So why don't you use teams from the reserves? Why have the teams at all if you don't use them?

Also you know as much about Man U as I do about Bayern; we don't use 14 of those players due to loan/injury unless it's a cup match. We're just as reliant on a first team (give or take a few players) as you are.

You were the one saying we buy 1 million players and use just 11 of them, haha. I didn't say anything about your squad size until then. ;)

We don't use players from the reserves because they're a "separate" team. When there's a player worth promoting then he makes the "jump" to the first team and never looks back.

Wilbur

Banned
you don't know honess.

You don't know Ferguson/Charlton.

You were the one saying we buy 1 million players and use just 11 of them, haha. I didn't say anything about your squad size until then. ;)

We don't use players from the reserves because they're a "separate" team. When there's a player worth promoting then he makes the "jump" to the first team and never looks back.

But then why complain about no squad depth when you have a whole other team that you can promote from to provide cover? Also, you're a rich club. Buy some cover.

elsk

Banned
This is getting petty now, and I agree with this...but likewise, if you think United is a club that treats it's people like pieces of shit, you're wrong too.

It seems we know very little of what's on the other side, so better to just accept that and leave it there.

I'm not! I'm calling the Berbatov situation unclassy, not the Manchester United institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom