• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I just saw Paul Merson's reaction to the City winner
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7B9ERbqdY
:lol

Football is amazing

WJD

Shit. Should I watch it guys? It might be too painful...tell me honestly...is it worth it?

Just imagining that studio's reaction is bad enough for me.

Seeing Phil Thompson with his stupid fat nose and his stupid smug face would be pretty much the worst thing in the world right now.

Wilbur

Banned
The board wants to pay the stadium debt before investing too much money on players. And we're already getting some depth squad with Shaqiri (11m), Dante (4m), Starke (GK, free) and some cheap striker to come, maybe Giroud (10m).

We can't promote players from the reserves because 99% of the players are new. We promoted Mueller, Ekici, Badstuber, Contento, Kraft, Alaba in the last couple of seasons. The rest of players moved to other teams. So we don't have quality youth products in the reserves right now.

Next year we're promoting a big part of the U19 team (team winning the U19 "division") to the reserves and we're promoting Emre Can from the reserves to the senior team.

Debt... was it made by SIGNING PLAYERS??!?!?!?!?!

Joking aside, sounds cool. Putting money on Bayern to win the league next year (if only because they can't go a third year trophyless without Oliver Kahn murdering someone

Shit. Should I watch it guys? It might be too painful...tell me honestly...is it worth it?

I watched it. Merson makes it watchable, but it's horrifying to be reminded. They show Fergie finding out as well :(

spidye

How about Coentrao and Altintop back?
lol no. I am really gratefull you guys bought coentrao. that would have probably been our biggest mistake ever.
and altintop sucks. still can't believe he played the cl final 2010. fucking uefa
It was pure bad timing from him. He was injured, just came back to play the last two reserves matches, by the time we were playing the Koln match a day after his comeback.

I think Emre Can will stick around with the senior squad at least for the first half of the next season.
oh, he was injured. did not know this. hopefully, he's really the next schweini if the rumors are true.

elsk

Banned
I heard that he was Emre Can got injured right around April.

Yep. He scored a goal on his comeback match, tho. I expect him to get a lot of time in the pre-season with the senior team.

I can't wait to see how the reserves team is going to play next season. With a lot of talented U19 players, and Mehmet Scholl taking over as coach.

fuenf

Debt... was it made by SIGNING PLAYERS??!?!?!?!?!
Joking aside, sounds cool. Putting money on Bayern to win the league next year (if only because they can't go a third year trophyless without Oliver Kahn murdering someone

The debt was made by building the stadium. Wouldnt put my money on Bayern for next season, though, Bayern's season is usually historically bad after a big summer tournament.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes pal

I don't expect anyone to do it but greatly appreciate it

Funny that due to city doing it at the end we almost forget how close they were to screwing up in massive fashion, it would have took city a long time to recover from that

I didn't really know what to do so just replied to someone else with my name haha

Clegg

Already kinda getting over the disappointment. Keyword: kinda and that's a big kinda. Really looking forward to which targets City steal from United this summer!! Oh yeah! lol

It will be a while before I get over this tbh.

I'm not surprised or angry that City have won the league .

Just devastated that we had the trophy for about 90 seconds and then Aguero scored.

kharma45

Just devastated that we had the trophy for about 90 seconds and then Aguero scored.

Yeah same, watching MotD has actually made me feel worse than earlier, only sinking in now.

:(

Wilbur

Banned

This. My heart didn't sink slowly, it literally tore out my arsehole.

Soi-Fong

This. My heart didn't sink slowly, it literally tore out my arsehole.

Imma have to get the new Utd kit this season to blow my nose on!!! lol Just joking.

But seriously hoping Kagawa signs and I get the new kit! It'd be awesome if he gets number 10 or say 23. Unlike most here, I actually like the new kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom