• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

so guys wheres the best place to host gifs

this argument is so terrible it's so utterly irrelevant be quiet

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not! I'm calling the Berbatov situation unclassy, not the Manchester United institution.

Contract until: 30.06.2012
edit: oh, they extended his contract unilateral way. Very unclassy Manchester United, as always. Still they have to sell for 7-8m euros

UsiJl.gif

I'm not! I'm calling the Berbatov situation unclassy, not the Manchester United institution.
Haha cool.

This is getting way OTT now gaiz. Both our teams had a pretty bad weekend. The others are probs looking on thinking, damn, look what these guys are left to argue over.

Least you guys have a chance to fix it...

You better win.

Congrats to Madrid. This squad's been fantastic and an absolute joy to watch (my personal favorite squad to watch all season). 100 points is INCREDIBLE!

I'd hope to see them keep the squad together (and Mourinho as the manager) to make at least one more run at the Champions League. I think they have it in them.

elsk

Banned

I only wrote that, as being funny, because I hate them for our last CL final match. Didn't know the whole thing was going to get as it did.

Anyway, to correct myself I think what they did with Berbatov is unclassy. And that's it.

And I know about Fergie, and I respect him a lot he's a living legend, I do follow the EPL (used to).

That's what we're taking issue with you over, United have done nothing wrong here.

Also, nicely played Wilbury.

Where did I said it was WRONG to do so? I said it is unclassy. Nothing else :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last pics before I pass out

Our future captains after Del Piero..

UUqag.jpg

9Nrp3.jpg

2IzlT.jpg

There's no one like him though <3

a118f9b33b953af1f554d181d1aef82b-getty-510882170.jpg

Senza Ale .. non so stare :(

kharma45

I only wrote that, as being funny, because I hate them for our last CL final match. Didn't know the whole thing was going to get as it did.

Anyway, to correct myself I think what they did with Berbatov is unclassy. And that's it.

And I know about Fergie, and I respect him a lot he's a living legend, I do follow the EPL (used to).

Where did I said it was WRONG to do so? I said it is unclassy. Nothing else :)

Now I know how this guy felt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liRSXULdJw4

There is nothing unclassy about it, stop beating that broken drum. United had an option that Berbatov agreed to having in his contract to extend it should they wish and United have exercised that option, there is nothing 'unlclassy' about it. You're making it sound like we've done something underhand, we've said we're letting him go this summer and are protecting his value in the transfer market, the same thing any sensible club would do.

nemesun

?

You're speaking as though he's 41. He's 31 years old and still very capable of playing at the top level...not sure where you've got this assumption that he just wants money from. If that was the case he would have joined City when he had the chance.

kharma brought up his age not me, by the time he leaves United (32) he'll be in the twilight of his career. He probably has 2 more years of proper league football left in him and he has already won everything there is to be won. If I were in his shoes, I would be chasing after fat stacks too.

You're the best former Juve supporter ever.

Haha, I was so pissed during 2006 that I completely stopped watching Serie A, couldn't take it. Still never fully got back into it, only watched a few games this season. Didn't recognise half the team, I was used to watching Trezeguet, Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi. Now Del Piero is leaving I can't help but feel sad. This isn't the Juve team I once loved.

Guys guys I don't wanna make you jealous but as well as winning £67 today I just got a reply on twitter off the pianist on the britians got talent final last night

Everything is coming up Jeff

May just pop to Marios for tonights party

elsk

Banned
But then why complain about no squad depth when you have a whole other team that you can promote from to provide cover? Also, you're a rich club. Buy some cover.

The board wants to pay the stadium debt before investing too much money on players. And we're already getting some depth squad with Shaqiri (11m), Dante (4m), Starke (GK, free) and some cheap striker to come, maybe Giroud (10m).

We can't promote players from the reserves because 99% of the players are new. We promoted Mueller, Ekici, Badstuber, Contento, Kraft, Alaba in the last couple of seasons. The rest of players moved to other teams. So we don't have quality youth products in the reserves right now.

Next year we're promoting a big part of the U19 team (team winning the U19 "division") to the reserves and we're promoting Emre Can from the reserves to the senior team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha, I was so pissed during 2006 that I completely stopped watching Serie A, couldn't take it. Still never fully got back into it, only watched a few games this season. Didn't recognise half the team, I was used to watching Trezeguet, Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi. Now Del Piero is leaving I can't help but feel sad. This isn't the Juve team I once loved.

This team are a lovable bunch, you'll like them :p

Except for Lich, he's the only villain in the team <3

kharma brought up his age not me, by the time he leaves United (32) he'll be in the twilight of his career. He probably has 2 more years of proper league football left in him and he has already won everything there is to be won. If I were in his shoes, I would be chasing after fat stacks too.
Not sure about that, his style suggests he could play on for a few more years. And a player like him will probably have a good offer from the States/China/UAE even in 2/3 years time.

spidye

The board wants to pay the stadium debt before investing too much money on players. And we're already getting some depth squad with Shaqiri (11m), Dante (4m), Starke (GK, free) and some cheap striker to come, maybe Giroud (10m).

We can't promote players from the reserves because 99% of the players are new. We promoted Mueller, Ekici, Badstuber, Contento, Kraft, Alaba in the last couple of seasons. The rest of players moved to other teams. So we don't have quality youth products in the reserves right now.

Next year we're promoting a big part of the U19 team (team winning the U19 "division") to the reserves and we're promoting Emre Can from the reserves to the senior team.

I wished heynckes would have played emre in the last matches. he'll probably leave on loan next season and I still haven't seen one match of him.

elsk

Banned
I wished heynckes would have played emre in the last matches. he'll probably leave on loan next season and I still haven't seen one match of him.

It was pure bad timing from him. He was injured, just came back to play the last two reserves matches, by the time we were playing the Koln match a day after his comeback. He scored a goal, btw!

I think Emre Can will stick around with the senior squad at least for the first half of the next season. Maybe a half season loan like we did with Alaba in the 10/11 season. I think he is going to be the replacement for Tymo after this season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom