• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a while before I get over this tbh.

I'm not surprised or angry that City have won the league .

Just devastated that we had the trophy for about 90 seconds and then Aguero scored.

Was hoping you would have won it for longer, have some delicious Schalke like scenes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero: I could not have wished for a better farewell

ea6cc0df-fc64-4ffb-8cab-056827f63e03.jpg

Alright guys ...I can sleep now

edit: I'll sign it tomorrow with a few of my friends Jeff, promise!

Lightning

Banned
I've got a really bad feeling that RVP just played his last game for us. I've been positive about it until those comments after our match. He's basically saying its been great but goodbye now.

Starting to get really depressed...

Clegg

I've just seen that the Avengers has made more money in its 2nd week than any other movie in the history of cinema.

It's not even that great imo.

I've got a really bad feeling that RVP just played his last game for us. I've been positive about it until those comments after our match. He's basically saying its been great but goodbye now.

I bet he saw that Aguero winner and just thought to himself 'what the fuck am I even doing here?'

Judderman

drawer by drawer

jitir.gif

I really hope that's not the case.

Wilbur

Banned
I've just seen that the Avengers has made more money in its 2nd week than any other movie in the history of cinema.

It's not even that great imo.

It's certainly not the type of film that should hold records like that. Good fun but it's lowest common denominator stuff.

Thanks guys it means a lot, you may not be rovers fans but this guy is an insult to football.

Oh and I'm going to need a gif of Phil jones, I've never seem someone look so confused!

Wilbur

Banned
I'm a bit behind on MOTD but Kompany is such a fucking classy guy. People like him, Aguero, Silva... they deserve this. Can't believe that cunt Tevez has a medal though.

No, is greater.

Best superhero movie ever.

Fuck Batman.

also no. Best comic book 'movie' ever, yeah sure. As in the ultimate definition of a comic book. Best movie featuring superheroes? I could name 5 better.

So, according to Bild (so probably bullshit), Ferguson invited Hummels dad to Manchester for contract talks and contacted Lewandowski's agent.

lol Fergie, nothing to get except Shinji

He said recently that he was only interested in Barca or Real. I don't really see neither of them being interested to spend a lot on a striker, looking at their attacking capabilities.

Or this is just my heart speaking. All I can do is hope that he stays. Cant blame him for wanting to win a trophy once though.

K1LLER7

Imma have to get the new Utd kit this season to blow my nose on!!! lol Just joking.

But seriously hoping Kagawa signs and I get the new kit! It'd be awesome if he gets number 10 or say 23. Unlike most here, I actually like the new kit.

As long as he signs, i'll be happy :) (United should give him the number 7 shirt)

Rooney scored 30+ goals this season? haven't seen It being talked about much, he's had a brilliant season and should stay in the role behind the striker. It's his best position for me and he seems confident spraying he ball around when needed. Only negative is when he drops too deep at times.

Bumhead

Banned
I know I said this earlier, but I'm so happy that Bolton are down. Phil Gartside's comments about no Premiership relegations biting him right on the arse, and I think I'll always dislike Bolton now for the absolutely awful way they have and do still sing and talk about Gary Megson.

£100m in debt and 14 players either on loan or out of contract. With a bit of luck they'll drop another level again.

I'm not so doom and gloom, RVP loves Arsenal and is genuine about it. If he stays and is convinced by Wenger, WONDERFUL! if not? thanks for the passion

At the very least he will show a lot more respect than Cesc Fabregas and that cunt Nasri, by allowing a sufficient time to look into replacements (although no one really can..)

Arsenal will survive and find other gems, massive club, i don't know where this one man means everything mentality comes from.

kharma45

As long as he signs, i'll be happy :) (United should give him the number 7 shirt)

Rooney scored 30+ goals this season? haven't seen It being talked about much, he's had a brilliant season and should stay in the role behind the striker. It's his best position for me and he seems confident spraying he ball around when needed. Only negative is when he drops too deep at times.

Yeah it's really surprised me how many he's scored, really gone under the radar.

Wilbur

Banned
I know I said this earlier, but I'm so happy that Bolton are down. Phil Gartside's comments about no Premiership relegations biting him right on the arse, and I think I'll always dislike Bolton now for the absolutely awful way they have and do still sing and talk about Gary Megson.

£100m in debt and 14 players either on loan or out of contract. With a bit of luck they'll drop another level again.

I feel a bit sorry for them in so much that their two best players have been out all season and their only good defender gone in January, but I needed QPR to get a result today and they put in a shift. Won't miss Bolton but don't really care either way. Gartside's a fucking tool though.

Hopefully Blackpool can win next week.

Was anything said about Kagawa?

No, but they're talking out of their ass anyway. Of course Fergie would take Hummels, which club doesn't want him? And if you've watched the final, which club isn't interested in Lewandowski? If he gets another little bit better at finishing (pretty much like he played in this final), he's like the perfect striker.

Joe

Palermo sucks, happy for Udinese.

Can anyone recommend an epic video of Man City's game today? I read about it but still haven't seen the highlights....

rodvik

I give you Aston Villa under Alex McLeish

* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.

* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).

* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).

* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).

* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.

* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).

* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.

* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).

* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).

This season records:

* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.

*Have not scored from a corner all season.

* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.

* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).

* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.

* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.

Clegg

No, but they're talking out of their ass anyway. Of course Fergie would take Hummels, which club doesn't want him? And if you've watched the final, which club isn't interested in Lewandowski? If he gets another little bit better at finishing (pretty much like he played in this final), he's like the perfect striker.

Yeah I can't see Hummels or Lewandowski leaving.

Is it the general opinion that Kagawa will be leaving this summer?

rodvik

Do a Jeff, get a petition going! Can't believe he's in a fucking job, they were 20 seconds away from being 17th.

The general assumption is he is gone next week. If he isnt its going to be a noisy summer for Aston Villa. I have never seen the fans this united and angry.

Wilbur

Banned
The general assumption is he is gone next week. If he isnt its going to be a noisy summer for Aston Villa. I have never seen the fans this united and angry.

He's still talking like he expects to be here. Ripping into the squad and saying that wasn't an Alex McLeish squad? Everything's on him this season. A shite manager.

Who do you want in replacement?

What about you Jeff, who do you realistically want/think you can get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom