• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not so doom and gloom, RVP loves Arsenal and is genuine about it. If he stays and is convinced by Wenger, WONDERFUL! if not? thanks for the passion

At the very least he will show a lot more respect than Cesc Fabregas and that cunt Nasri, by allowing a sufficient time to look into replacements (although no one really can..)

Arsenal will survive and find other gems, massive club, i don't know where this one man means everything mentality comes from.
Dont get me wrong mate, I'll have nothing against RVP either way. Wonderful captain and wonderful and respectful man. He's done the best he can, one can't ask more.

The problem I have is do you really trust Wenger to bring in a adequate replacement? Seriously? Because I have serious doubts about that. I don't know what's going on with our club but it feels like we have too many accountants because everyone is concerned about budget and an RVP replacement would not be cheap.

Wilbur

Banned
Dont get me wrong mate, I'll have nothing against RVP either way. Wonderful captain and wonderful and respectful man. He's done the best he can, one can't ask more.

The problem I have is do you really trust Wenger to bring in a adequate replacement? Seriously? Because I have serious doubts about that. I don't know what's going on with our club but it feels like we have too many accountants because everyone is concerned about budget and an RVP replacement would not be cheap.

Podolski's a more than adequate replacement; he's much better centrally than on the wing

Labadal

I'm really happy for Udinese, well deserved. Their feat is even more iimpressive this season, because only the top 3 gets CL next year.
A great season by Juventus, really impressive to go undefeated, kudos to the players and Conte&Co.

Montpellier has to be the biggest surprise team of the season. I never imagined they'd be fighting for the Ligue1 title.

Madrid are probably the most deserving of a league title this year. Their stats speak for themselves.

The last day in England was the most exciting in years. Great comeback by Man City. I had lost all hope when QPR scored their second. Newcastle was the biggest positive surprise. I also enjoyed watching Swansea and Norwich. They played some entertaining football. Wigan's great escape was impressive. Watching Liverpool this (and during Roy's reign) was very depressing.

Now we wait for a football filled summer: CL final, Euro Cup and Olympics.

Soi-Fong

529696_3980323550628_1356857868_4358068_1096953051_n.jpg

sorry SpursGAF (not really), couldn't resist.

I'm hopong for Chelsea to win so no CL football for Spurs!!! And maybe, just maybe we'll have a chance at getting Modric!!! Lol

Wilbur

Banned
I'm really happy for Udinese, well deserved. Their feat is even more iimpressive this season, because only the top 3 gets CL next year.
A great season by Juventus, really impressive to go undefeated, kudos to the players and Conte&Co.

Montpellier has to be the biggest surprise team of the season. I never imagined they'd be fighting for the Ligue1 title.

Madrid are probably the most deserving of a league title this year. Their stats speak for themselves.

The last day in England was the most exciting in years. Great comeback by Man City. I had lost all hope when QPR scored their second. Newcastle was the biggest positive surprise. I also enjoyed watching Swansea and Norwich. They played some entertaining football. Wigan's great escape was impressive. Watching Liverpool this (and during Roy's reign) was very depressing.

Now we wait for a football filled summer: CL final, Euro Cup and Olympics.

Most exciting for me will be the summer transfer window when we sign awesome players like Kagawa, M'Vila and Modric

please

Realistically I expect Kean to stay, there is talk that in his meeting this week he is going to suggest a new CEO, who also happens to be his pr guy

However the reason we have done the petition today is the chief reporter on our site is in talks constantly with Venkys pr and has heard that mrs Desai is having real doubts about him

Problem is she trusts him and trust means a lot to her and he will talk her around in his meeting

Wilbur

Banned
Jelavic goal was brilliant, the way he shifted his feet. Great striker

I'm predicting the following

Kagawa
Javi Martinez
Jordan Rhodes
Nathaniel Clyne

You heard it here first :p

Don't care about Rhodes, he needs a season in the Champions League first, but the rest would be magnificent

Hixx

Don't care about Rhodes, he needs a season in the Champions League first, but the rest would be magnificent

UsiJl.gif

sorry

I do quite like Wigan's new home kit. They normally have horrible ones.

kharma45

Only place he'd get that is another PL club then he'd be lost forever to us.

dc89

GAF, I'll be posting my thoughts and stuff tomorrow. I am too exhausted. After the football I had my usual game of five a side so I'm done in.

But I'll tell you this. My GF just told me this.

"when it was 1-2 I looked at you and you just looked so upset, as if you were about to cry. And I just thought, "please City, please win for Dan." and they did."

:D

Good night.

Yen

GAF, I'll be posting my thoughts and stuff tomorrow. I am too exhausted. After the football I had my usual game of five a side so I'm done in.

"when it was 1-2 I looked at you and you just looked so upset, as if you were about to cry. And I just thought, "please City, please win for Dan." and they did."

Good night.

I see.

Hixx

UsiJl.gif

Am I doing it right?

iz ok I suppose

Good night.

Yeh but she'll never kiss your willy again now

Wilbur

Banned

Good night.

My girlfriend didn't really care. Her dad's a Chelsea fan, the wanker

And I'll still get my willy kissed

kharma45

Good night.

Beautiful.

:p

elsk

Banned
No, but they're talking out of their ass anyway. Of course Fergie would take Hummels, which club doesn't want him? And if you've watched the final, which club isn't interested in Lewandowski? If he gets another little bit better at finishing (pretty much like he played in this final), he's like the perfect striker.

Maybe he wants to hire Hummels dad for the youth system :p

So many memories of our promotion last week stirred by watching City today/tonight.

Different circumstances obviously but there was a 2 or 3 minute period in our game when we scored to make it 1-0, and literally moments later it came through on our scoreboard that United were fucking up at Exeter, a result which would (and did) send us up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1PWE5Ynt44

You guys deserve it along with city fans, saw your teams drop and still stayed loyal

Hope to see you back in the prem and you'll be there long before we will

Barton is such a nob he constantly proves he will never change

Guys I don't think Joey Barton is fond of Alan Shearer

http://i.imgur.com/h3Zm3.png

What a muppet

Credit to Shearer, he could of had a field day on Joey latest stupidity but only spoke on it when lineker brought up the topic

shows his class even when there bad blood, shearer a priemer league legend, the other a twitter spouting hooligan

he probably doesnt have the guts to insult shearer anywhere but from the safety of the internet

BobDylan

Well I missed everything today due to a play I had to attend. I havent seen a good video highlight of the man city game yet. Just short 2 minute clips. anyone have a good one for me?

TeegsD

I still can't get over how surreal today was. Fuck. I'm used to us pulling that bullshit with 2 goals in injury time. And now soccer is practically over. I only have the Taca de Portugal to look forward to as I have to work during the champions league final. Which is stupid to have on a Saturday IMO. I think it'd be much better on a Sunday but alas.

Just saw that Pedro Proenca and a couple other Portuguese refs will ref the Champs League Final. Oh boy. I really hope they don't fuck up too bad.

GorillaJu

Good night.

After this I kinda wish United won the title

Wilbur

Banned
Well I missed everything today due to a play I had to attend. I havent seen a good video highlight of the man city game yet. Just short 2 minute clips. anyone have a good one for me?

Are you from the UK? MOTD will be on iPlayer soon if so.

Goodbye, Premier League! I shall miss you verily.

Until August.

This. I'm missing it already. Looking forward to getting that title back next year!

After this I kinda wish United won the title

:lol

MPW

544877_413136142059941_345971365443086_1275955_480346339_n.jpg

Real Madrid RECORDS in Season 2011-2012:
1- Achieving 100 points from total 114.
2- Achieving 32 wins from possible 38.
3- 121 goals in 38 matches.
4- They scored the highest amount of goals away in la liga history by 51 goals.
... 5- The first team to win 16 matches away from possible 19 matches.
6- The Best scoring Trio Higain, benz and Cristiano by 89 goals.
7- Cristiano Ronaldo is the first player to score on all liga teams in one season.

GorillaJu

Until Özil has 57 assists at the Britannica - all of them on rainy, cold Tuesday nights - I don't think he can be compared to a real English great. Someone like Emile Heskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom